Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hamb introduction tag

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, Nov 25, 2016.

1. oj

oj

We need a clever way to let other hambrs know who we are at events. A sticker or something with the Hamb logo and your 'name'. Maybe something official that Ryan can make a few bucks on, a Hamb pin with your avatar on it? Any ideas?

Dino64, mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. Durbinspeedshop

Durbinspeedshop
    from Missouri

I like the idea, maybe like a jacket pin or something with your name. Maybe the could hand out hello my name is blank stickers

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. H.A.M.B. tattoos on the hooters of our female companions would get the attention of other H.A.M.B.ERS.:)

SCtattooer, deadbeat, seadog and 8 others like this.
  4. I kind of like the anonymity of flying below the radar and when talking to people hearing them mention the jalopy journal or the hamb I like to throw out usernames and get reactions.

I remember Randy Nash had his username on a hat band (Deuce Roadster). HRP

Nailhead Jason, Stogy, seadog and 3 others like this.

5. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I have a red T-shirt that says HAMB, I've asked many people at events" Do you speak HAMB", a lot have a funny look on there face and say Yep, non believers just walk away thinking I'm a Loony Tune

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  6. i have a Hamb license plate topper on all three of my hot rods

7. A lot of guys do NOT dig the HAMB, (hard to believe I know, you're all so sweet and nice), I'm not takin a beating for y'all....

(My HAMB sticker is on the window of my car though, and I would take a beating for y'all...)

NashRodMan, mad mikey and 302GMC like this.
  8. I'm proud of the fact I'm a hamber,I know the secret handshake,I have the t shirts and the tag toppers...I spread the Gospel everywhere I travel.

Screw them,if they can't take a joke! :D HRP

Tman, biggeorge, AVater and 6 others like this.
  9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

I have a H.A.M.B. sticker on my jalopy and have attended meet and greets at different shows, seems to be enough. There are t shirts available.

Stogy likes this.
  10. In the past it was often customary, particularly at large events, for someone to step up and organize a casual HAMB Meet & Greet and someone usually brought a roll of those blank stick-on name tags and a Sharpie so folks could identify themselves. It's kinda lost it's focus it seems as the last few events that I attended no one seemed to be too interested in a Meet & Greet and many felt the little name tags were too reminiscent of their last H.S. reunion!:eek: It does seem like there should be some way to make it known to others (Ryan does sell HAMB/ Jalopy Journal hats and Tees;)) that we are kindred brothers and only want to " spread the gospel of traditional hot-rods and customs worldwide".:D....Don.

11. You guys type way too fast for my old arthritic fingers

12. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Some people do not care for the intolerance of non-traditional cars on the HAMB.

Fuck 'em.

That said (so eloquently I might add), just because a pin or tag might be available doesn't mean you need to participate. Bask in your anonymity.

brad2v likes this.
  13. Ryan mentioned at one time that he might consider creating a courtesy card similar to the ones that the Rodder's Journal sent out in the packet for the Lifetime Subscribers. I went as far to suggest that he could even include 5-10 each time an Alliance Member renews as well as making some available for general sale. It could include our screen names and the HAMB/ Jalopy Journal logos. 11252016.jpg

lothianwilly71 and mad mikey like this.
  14. Hey Don,I'll send you one of my Rodders Journal courtesy cards for one of yours,the only problem with that is they are both the same. HRP

hotrodharry2 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I'm with Danny, fly low and wait for the conversation to lean in the H.A.M.B. direction.
    I do have tag toppers on my appropriate vehicles if someone is so inclined to look!
    KK

Stogy likes this.
  16. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Keep quite. I am afraid others will join. Next thing you know there will be over 500 members and nobody will be able to keep up with the post.

John

Tman, Charlie Chops 1940 and 302GMC like this.
  17. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

I look at their car .... if I like, or can at least tolerate the vehicle, then I talk to the person ... lure them into a conversation ... I'll ask " So, what's your name on the Journal ?"

Stogy likes this.
  18. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Haha! This coming from member # 237.
    I am also with Danny on this one, for one thing the world of cool cars is way bigger than our focus here, why pigeonhole yourself at a car show? Proud to be a HAMBer, but no need to proselytize to the heathens. Can totally dig talking to the street rodder about his cool car, or the owner of the rare Fiat, having a HAMB tag just reeks of in-your-face bravado. I mean, if he is a HAMBer, you will eventually get around to it.

wraymen and seadog like this.
  19. silent rick

silent rick

i already have a tag. it says "i'm that asshole from the hamb."

bchctybob and mad mikey like this.
  20. I don't want everyone knowing I associate with you assholes :)

lothiandon1940 and mad mikey like this.
  21. Great, my wife is so flat it would just say HA, then I would have to beat the crap out of guys laughing at her chest.

22. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Be nice to your wife. I know she does a lot of your work.

John

lothiandon1940 and prewarcars4me like this.
  23. That she does. She even laughed when I read that to her.

shawnsauto1 likes this.
  24. Me too. I do ask every car guy/gal I meet if they are on HAMB, if they haven't heard of it I suggest they give it a try. A few people don't like it, no big deal, life's too short to fight about it, I have a sticker and a cowl tag on my ride.

I was at a show recently looking for PatManta, but had no idea what he looked like. My kids probably pick-pocketed him and put a "please kick me" sign on his back, (they do both to me all the time, little rats), he didn't even know it. He said afterwards, based on my pictures of the wrestling tournament, that I must have been standing right next to him when it was happening.

I'll get a T-shirt, the fez, but I have no idea what the secret handshake is like IMG_1480122581.635976.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Crap ! I didn't get the text describing the secret handshake.
    Back to the clubhouse to see if I can find the description in the meeting notes !

lothiandon1940 and clunker like this.
  27. I look just like my avatar....like the late John Belish said - Get To Know Me !

28. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

I think OJ has a point. When I recently went to Jalopyrama, I knew there were guys there I "know" from the HAMB and would have liked to meet in person. Don, I was looking for ya! I'd never go to a big event with a name tag either, but a show like Jalpoyrama is mostly HAMB'rs anyway. My 2cts

29. I'm old, overweight, grey haired and wear bib overalls. You can recognize me in any crowd of car guys.

Tman, bobg1951chevy, clunker and 2 others like this.