Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ FRIDAY ART SHOW 11/25/16 ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆≤

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Nov 25, 2016.

1. What's happening? SHOW us!

160908BSArocket\'60-.jpg

161016VetMCparts.jpg

160329AaronAshleyFB.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  2. Frogz

Frogz

Gorgeous paintings, Spoggie.
    To stay in the bike theme, a lil' HD on canvas.
    [​IMG]

And, as 2017 has never been so close to (it's scientifically proven!), here is the brand new Red Hot Tiki calendar :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  3. Evening all...
    A few from our Club Burger Run @ Carl's Jr last nite.
    Enjoy your weekend.

IMG_7560_A4polohdrorthdrbrtntlogo50.jpg IMG_7589polo_A4orthdrtntbrtlogobrt50.jpg IMG_7614_A4polohdrorthdrbrt_A4logo50.jpg

4. smarjoram

smarjoram
    from uk

Sorry I haven't posted for a while - I'm finding it hard to keep up with all the websites and social network stuff. Still, I've had a fun year - with plenty of sketching - here are a few highlights...
    The year began with a trip to Retromobile Paris with the Beast of Turin. We had a lot of fun entertaining the crowds with noise and flames...
    [​IMG]Retro16-5995 by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    I've been sketching on the iPad Pro quite a lot - the great thing is that the Procreate app records all your brush strokes...

Later in the year we drove the car to Goodwood - it was quite a surreal experience overtaking modern cars on the motorway with 1903 technology - wooden wheels and all...

In the spring I visited Pendine - this is the beach that UK land speed racers used in the 20s before going to Daytona. I was there to see the Liberty Engined 'Babs' on the 80th anniversary of Parry Thomas' record. It was pretty cold but I managed a quick sketch, which I cleaned up when I got home...
    [​IMG]BABS by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    [​IMG]BABS by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    A job in Birmingham gave me the opportunity to have a look at one of my favourite land speed record cars - the Mobil Railton Special. Beautifully engineered, it did over 400mph on one run in 1947...
    [​IMG]Mobil Railton Special by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    I returned to Pendine in the Summer for the amazing VHRA event. So many stunning cars in a timeless setting...
    [​IMG]PEN2016 02 by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    [​IMG]PEN2016 03 by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr

I spent the summer drawing loads of old specials and lots of Bugattis.

... and even ran some free car drawing classes for the Bugatti Trust at Prescott Hill Climb Circuit - which is where I met up with the VHRA again...
    [​IMG]GOW speedster s by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    [​IMG]GOW Model T Side s by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    [​IMG]GOW coupe s by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    My pal with the big Fiat has started on his next crazy car project - the restoration of one of the prototype Cheetahs. It's an amazing thing - and it's giving me some much needed practise at drawing curvy cars...

I'll leave you with a shot from last weekend - it's the 1903 Mercedes charging up a hill on a trial. What a sight...
    [​IMG]COT-1972 by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr
    If you'd like to see more car related nonsense have a dig through flickr, youtube and Facebook. I'm trying to build up the confidence to tackle the daily advent drawings again in December, so hopefully I'll have some regular work to share here. Looking forward to seeing your usual wide ranging talents!
    [​IMG]Auto Art Advent 2015 1440 by Stefan Marjoram, on Flickr

Stogy, Jokem59, dana barlow and 42 others like this.
  5. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Finally, by late 1965, full bodied FEDs were becoming the “new” race car at the drags. College in Nor Cal was in full swing and visits to the Fremont drags brought back memories of racing at Lions with our cars. (homesick for So Cal) This drawing had a front mounted 671 to keep the drag coefficient down to the bare minimum. The pin in the rear is a chrome pipe to insert a chrome “T” bar for push starts. The rear, upper, body encloses a parachute. Also, clear discs on both front wheels to lower the drag without enclosing the front wheels. My friend’s 55 Nomad with a Gasser look for the street. A chopped 32 Ford short bed, pickup for A/Gas Supercharged class competition. One final drawing from this drawing book was my favorite roadster, the Speed Sport Special, but my take on the look. (headers+collectors are getting easier to draw)

Jnaki
    [​IMG]1965 FALL
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    Animal and Chucky like this.
  6. Waiting... @jnaki
    Picture not showing up???

Spoggie likes this.
  7. jnaki

jnaki

sorry, computer glitch at the hamb end
    jnaki
    upload_2016-11-25_5-42-13.png

8. ...nice stuff today again, hard to top Marjoram's stuff, fantastic!
    ...well, today marks 12 years since I joined the HAMB,...thanks to everyone involved in any way for creating such a great informative and entertaining forum.
    ...here's a board I'm donating to the benefit art auction at the Retro Rewind show this coming Jan 7th in Dubuque, Iowa,...and a peak at another I've just started.
    retro rewind 2017 001.jpg retro rewind 2017 004.jpg

9. rooman

rooman

The best ever post on Friday Art Show!!! Thanks mate.

Roo

belair, Spoggie and Animal like this.
  10. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

My buddy from Detroit drew these for the club...
    GB_NEW_TEE.jpg GB_JASON.jpg

We made stickers of our club t-shirt...If you'd like a few PM me for details
    stickers.jpg

11. smarjoram

smarjoram
    from uk

Rusty those are great! Can't be easy to draw on wood - I like the way you made a feature of the knot. Spoggie - I like the bike details - does that say 'after Escher'? Thanks for the kind comments.

Animal and themoose like this.
  12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great show thus far! I'll have to hurry up and finishing something!

13. Spent some time in the warm garage this week with the cold temps outside. Here is one project I finished now hanging on my wall.
    IMG_9838.JPG IMG_9840.JPG
    Hanging above sign are my late Father's trade licenses that he had in all trades. I guess I got at least some of that ability from Him. Miss you Dad!

Stogy, Jokem59, dana barlow and 16 others like this.
  14. Well, another awesome FAS is in the works! smarjoram, I loved your post. The short video of the Cheetah sketch process is eye-opening! Everyone is king it today... can't wait for the rest to chime in. :D

15. robber

robber

16. robber

robber

..."Imagine That"...:) cp 684.JPG

Stogy, john mullen, Animal and 6 others like this.
  17. robber

robber

..."Blow By"...:) cp 690.jpg

Stogy, Jokem59, john mullen and 9 others like this.
  18. robber

robber

19. Zykotec

Zykotec

A more showrod'ish drawing today. Not sure if this would be possible to build as I don't have a 59 Cadillac available for measurements, but it was fun to draw it :) Considering doing this in full colours.
    [​IMG]

Stogy, Jokem59, dana barlow and 15 others like this.
  20. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Kandy Klown by Harry Bentley Bradley.jpg Ran across this on the internet, and fell in love with it. Kandy Klown by Harry Bentley bradley

21. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

cadillacandshipsmall.jpg Great show, as it is every week. Have not posted in a long while due to too many different reasons and excuses, but...finally have something that would sit well here.

22. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW another amazing Art show. Thank you everyone one for showing your work.
    The Beast of a Fiat brought back memories of going to a local Steam and Gas tractor show with my Dad in the late 70's . For a couple years there was a guy out of Texas that would bring a boattail speedster he had built using a semi chassis powered by a early Cummins diesel . It was huge.

23. Thanks to everyone who shares their art.
    I have a couple of photos to share this week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Hi everyone. Hopefully it is ok to post something like this here. I have done a couple calendars for 2017 one of which features customs and the other hot rods with patina. The price each is $25 + $7.95 for 2 day shipping. There are volume discounts for multiples and the freight stays the same for multiple calendars. The printing on these is totally first class on heavy pearl paper 12 x18 inches spiral bound at the top. If you are interested PM me.
    Here are the images for the first one Colorful Customs 2017. .If you would like to see which month each car appears in or would like to see these images larger - go to http://www.pbase.com/dlgphoto/colorful_customs_2017
    2017 1950 Ford KKOA  2014.jpg 2017 1960 Buick Startliner 2011.jpg 2017 51 Merc SK 500 CCR.jpg 2017 51 Pontiac KKOA.jpg 2017 55 Chevy CCR.jpg 2017 1941 Ford KP Car 2016.jpg 2017 1954 Ford GNRS 2012.jpg 2017 1957 Caddy Paso Robles 2006tif.jpg 2017 1957 Olds CCR 15.jpg 2017 1959 Ford Jalopyrama 15.jpg 2017 1963 Riviera RJR 14.jpg 2017 50 Chevy Starliner.jpg

25. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Stogy, Jokem59, john mullen and 11 others like this.
  26. Stellar work!
    Smarjoram and Dan, your work leaves me speechless!
    Killer stuff from everyone else!

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ct1932ford - very Cool

ct1932ford likes this.