Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods To Pinstripe Or Not to Pinstripe the 60 Sedan Delivery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Nov 18, 2016.

Tags:
?
  1. say yes to the pibstriping

67 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. sey hell no !

30 vote(s)
    30.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DSC02148.JPG Ok, So I have been think of doing some pinstripes on my 60 Sedan Delivery... a few buddies think it would be cool... and few said leave the way it is... It's really ORANGE... think it needs something to break up all that is ORANGE ... LOL , I know its my car ... but I would like some thoughts on the subject... SEDANDELIVERY.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Galactic space scene like the wagon from Mad Max!

tfeverfred and clunker like this.
  3. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

I say stripe it. Gray and black would really pop. Nice ride!

4. That is a big piece of orange.
    Silver and white ghost flames.

5. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

This may sound crazy, but a light or lime green works well on orange.
    Just remember, with pinstriping less is more, don't over do it!
    KK

Texas57, Darren B, dan31 and 2 others like this.
  6. no on the ghost flames for sure lol.. some cool lines maybe... keep the ideas coming... It's the great pumpkin !

Hombre likes this.
  7. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

If it was mine I'd stripe it in a very traditional 1960's style.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Hombre likes this.
  8. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

I keep thinking about this car!!!!

Definitely in an India Ivory color (off white or white with a hint of tan).

I could totally see it and it would look awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. If you keep the lines simple and use restraint when it comes to the decorative aspects. HRP

10. too many fords

too many fords
    from Las Vegas

two tone the side panels? or the roof?

Texas57 and Terrible80 like this.
  11. I would be perfectly happy to drive it as it is. You don't see those every day. It's an eye catcher as it is.

olscrounger and loudbang like this.
  12. It's only paint.
    I say have at it, and if you don't like it, remove it.

mike bowling likes this.
  13. How about using some tape on it to see how it would look? An art store should have something called chart tape that is intended to be used to make charts. Used to be available in many colors. It would probably go on and come off easily. A few small stripes sure "woke up"my Avatar. Then how about some water based paint that is designed to be removed with water like kids use for their art projects. Just don't make the stripes too wide.

Charlie Stephens

14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I say go for it...its a perfect compliment to the total package. The individual who laid the lines on my Hotrod knew their stuff. I couldn't imagine it without it. Subtle and in all the right places.

Do a search here and on the web and see what catches your eye. I do believe there are several stripers within the Hamb Membership...I see them in the Friday Art Shows. They are a gifted bunch...

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  15. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

x2. KISS

16. I had a 1960 Chevy sedan delivery in the late 60's and striped it. I really didn't like the look of it. If it were my car I would leave it as is but probably add some advertising to the panels.Here is a pic of it before striping. 1960ChevroletSedanDeliveryBrownSide.jpg

kiwijeff, loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. I love your 60. And I would like a little pinstriping too. Also, I put my name, and my wife's pet name on the doors. Here are a few pictures of our delivery, that 001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg I took for you. I went with a baby blue. But in the end, do it your way. Ron...

Attached Files:

• 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      259.7 KB
      Views:
    1blown57, jnaki, kiwijeff and 2 others like this.
  18. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I vote for some pin striping. Maybe just some around the side panels, can add some more later.
    Easier to add it then to take it away. But just a little around the panels would be great!

19. Hombre

Hombre

I'd stripe it, NO GHOST FLAMES. I always looked at those as a gimmick of some sort. Take a hint from Ron Funkhouser's 1934 Dodge sedan delivery and keep it taste full, his treatment of those front fenders is just plan cool.

20. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Instead of pinstripes, paint the panels (where the windows would normally be) CREAM, not white.

abe lugo likes this.
  21. I like the recommendation above the painted in panels, you can even try have vinyl color placed into that and it will look like paint.
    How about some shop graphics in that panel as well?
    It reminds of of a Hot Wheels '59 Delivery
    [​IMG]

another cool one and solid color..
    [​IMG]

22. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

That big sucker in orange need a little personal touch. Do your research and go for it.

23. IMG_1479556656.150002.jpg God I love Mad Max. Awesome reference! "I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!"

Your '60 Sedan Delivery is really nice, I've never seen one in person. I think if you can either lay out a really good design, or get someone who can, it would look spectacular. (Pin Striping, not galactic space scene)

24. Galactic space scene like the wagon from Mad Max! funny ! can only be one those.. Thank you guys for all the comments... please keep them coming... like I said it's a lot of orange... The paint I have to say has seen better days.. its been buffed out...its old chipped up & missing on top of the fenders.. It came out of the Long Beach, Ca along time.. That's were my buddy bought for his business..

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If you have to, try this first. The car has a late sixties/early seventies look (and I like it!), I don't think it will really suit it, I say no.

26. WDobos

WDobos

I have some pin striping on my Delivery and I get lots of complements on it.

27. oldolds

oldolds

As others have said, vinyl is your friend. Get some pinstripe tape from an auto detail place. Lots of colors and widths. You could even put vinyl in the side panels. If you don't like it peel it off and try again or leave it off. I guess you could even have a wrap place do the roof.

28. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Keep it Plain Jane, but swap to some Cragar S/S wheels. JMO. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

falcongeorge likes this.
  29. lots of great ideas on this subject of pinstripes..... would like to see the striping on your SD... Thank you, guys keep them coming... have flirted with the idea of fake business name on the side panels...

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  30. Latigo

Latigo

Pinstripe for sure. You need to break up that sea of orange to create interest. A business name for the side panels will make it pop! That's what deliveries were made for. "Rusty Nuts Speed Shop. " Just find a good striper and evaluate his ideas and previous work and give him some artistic license to do his thing.

Texas57 likes this.