Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features O Canada...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That coupe is outstanding! If meds in combination with alcoholic beverages help you shoot such incredible pics and write awesome stories like this one, it may be a good idea to make it a habit, hahahaaaa

2. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For a second there I thought I was reading a Hunter S. Thompson saga...cool '34. I'm not to hip on that real hoppy shit either.

29bowtie and falcongeorge like this.
  3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My ship visited Vancouver for a week. I moved one of your women down San Diego for a short stay. Yes.... they do it right.;) It was also one of the cleanest cities I had ever been to. It was like you're scared to litter because it might get traced back to you.

29bowtie likes this.
  4. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

Nice photos, cool cars,looks like a great vacation.Never been to Vancouver.
    Lets talk beer,there are some great craft beers,reds ,ryes,esb, all good but the Europeans
    make the best ,Leffe(brown or red),Duval(lager) or there is nothing like a Bell haven(English).
    But hey I'm down with some good Taquila.
    PS glad your back.

5. Ryan, glad you had a good time in our city, and nice to meet you and Jason, and Oh yea, the pictures are art.
    Keith

falcongeorge, 29bowtie and MBog like this.
  6. eddie1

eddie1

Gastown is not as bad as The Boss makes it out to be. I was there for dinner with my girlfriend & her 11 year old children 3 weeks ago & we had no worries walking 3 blocks to & from the car.....now Hastings st a few blocks over, that would be a different story.

michael knight and falcongeorge like this.
  7. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

I dont drink so I dont have an opinion on that.The coupe is great,the story was even better.

falcongeorge likes this.
  8. Next time you travel to B.C., get over to Vancouver Island. Lots of hot rods, car events and stuff to do! You won't regret it! Oh and we have lots of great Craft Beers for you to sample!

40ply likes this.
  9. If you come back thru Seattle, I'll show you the seedy underside. It'll be fun.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

warbird1 and shawnsauto1 like this.
  10. Great write up and great pics. Was nice to be a part of it.
    Fireworks.....right........;)

11. I dig the standard 5 lug hubs adapted to the wide 5 drums and then machining them to look like some crazy wheel adapter, which I guess technically they are. Slick.

12. Rix26T

Rix26T

great word smithing !! hemiduce had told me about the short notice shoot but i missed the change of location. maybe next time you are up this way..

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

and we like it like that. My kid and I go out once a week or so during the summer, and go around the park at the end of our street with tongs and a garbage bag. Its actually her idea, she has a strong social conscience for a 7 yr old.
    Now THATS scary! I used to go to SIR for the WDRS and the Fall Nats, usually stayed in Auburn, which was real nice, one year I was late booking a hotel room and had to take what I could get, wound up in this real scuzzy area SW of the Boeing plant. The automatic gunfire started up about 11. Christ it was like being in a hotel room in Beirut!
    Bingo. From Main and Hastings to the park, that's where the real "action" is...:eek: Really, more bleak and sad than dangerous, but its pretty bad.

warbird1 and 29bowtie like this.
  14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Fred
    You been listen'n to too much Alices Restaurant.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No idea what that is, but....... ok?

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Dude! SERIOUSLY??!!

You gotta listen to the whole thing...

Texas57 likes this.
  17. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just not into him.

18. Enjoyed the write up. Great cars! Mmmmm Tequila....

19. A1 is American. Up in Canada, we use HP sauce! The Queen's own. ;)

20. great read ! The Land of the Rising Maple Leaf ! There are a lot of great Hot Rods up there and talented builders as well... Thank you for sharing ! Cheers eh !

21. MBog

MBog

Great story and even better shoot. That area is really popular at night. I didn't put 2 and 2 together quick enuf tho, Keiths car is amazing, good pic along with Big Tims coupe. I had not seen the 34 before, and after learning how it was built I was thoroughly impressed. No wonder you crossed our border (soon to be wall lol) for the photo op. Oh and ya, Craft beers suck!!!

falcongeorge likes this.
  22. What a great adventure, thanks for the ride along! Funny that parking lot where you shot those photos has been the site of many car show adventures, as the PNE buildings across the street were home to the Motorama for many years, before moving out to the suburbs. You certainly found some fine rides to shoot as well as great representatives of our hobby. Come again in the summer, so we can show you many more HAMB worthy rides.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think thats on the BC citizenship test...:rolleyes::D

24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Am I the only one that thinks the Tradex shows suck? All the soul has gone out of it...:(

40ply likes this.
  25. Nope, you aren't! It is not the same. I remember leaving our enclosed trailer at sun up, after lots of "Crown Royal" after a Saturday night at the car show. Swap meets at the Tradex have never measured up to Cloverdale either.

40ply likes this.
  26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

truth! wouldn't it be great to hold another show in the old PNE buildings? Maybe with a bunch of local area survivor hot rods and race cars that had participated in the original shows?
    How about the foodmart building filled with local historic cars from back in the day, with the other two buildings for regular local cars? Man, that would be something, eh? The Motorama returns to Vancouver after a 20 year absence!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  27. Nice photos boss and better story for sure.......Starting to think you should stay on the meds as I loved the write up.......And I am with you all the way on the cactus juice......

28. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Perhaps you were among some of our elected elite! By the way, the history of Gastown becoming really seedy began when the gov't of the day figured out that they could save two million bucks if they closed down some of the facilities that helped those suffering from mental illness. A year later it was found that it cost the police, ambulance service, hospitals, et al three million to deal with their decision. But again, you have to come up for the next Deuce Days, then you'll see a hell of a lot more CDN cars as well as many from the USA plus beautiful Victoria.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    falcongeorge likes this.
  29. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Amen to that! Rye only whiskey a good Canadian drinks. LOL

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

TRUTH!