Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Craigslist find 1927 Model T Fordor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by rab71, Oct 11, 2016.

1. @rad71

I'm looking forward to watching your build come together,gonna make a great looking ride.....Here's the green version that you requested.

green.jpg

kidcampbell71, kiwijeff and rab71 like this.
  2. rab71

rab71

Haha thanks. I knew mine was a 27 anyway. Honestly it's not like it matters. It's what it will be is more important. And it will be a hot rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. rab71

rab71

Wow! That is perfect! You really hit this one out of the park. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. manyolcars

manyolcars

I like the 26-27s. I wish you well on the build. Henry closed the factory in April of 27 to start on the Model As so without looking for production numbers I am sure he made more 26s than 27s. I think the inside door panel was slightly different

5. rab71

rab71

I can see the production numbers plain as day. I should take a picture and post it. If I can make it to my storage unit where it is I'll do that.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

rab71 likes this.
  7. rab71

rab71

8. rab71

rab71

To the guy that messaged me about length and width. I went out today and measured it. It is about 89x53 inches give or take. I was short on time as I snuck out of work to do it. And the more I look at the body the more it grows on me to just leave it original. Cleaning up the surface rust and matching to the original paint... dangit... that's why I'm not doing a thing until I get my shit together.

patmanta likes this.
  9. rab71

rab71

Got some wheels and tires,a frame, and a steering box from a 52 Ford in great shape. Some spindles too. Gonna be slow going, this stuff isn't cheap. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

That a TT frame?

11. rab71

rab71

Yep sure is. It's stronger than a model a frame super thick metal. It will still need to be modified for my application but I couldn't beat the price and the shape it's in.

Jimmy B likes this.
  12. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

That's PERFECT. That will be a lot simpler for you than trying to get that body working on an A frame.

13. daredevilcustoms

daredevilcustoms
    from Ohio

I know you're just starting the build, but I'd be interested in the upholstery material and door panels if you're not going to use them as long as they are the grey with red pin stripe. Thank.

14. rab71

rab71

Thanks! After doing a little research that is what I found out. The car will not sit "low" I'm not even going to channel it. I want it to sit at a rake. I do have a drop axle. I was told it was built in the sixties. Which is the era I'm trying to go for. I have not decided in coilovers and ladder bar/hair pins , or spring and split bones/hair pins or what for rear suspension.

15. rab71

rab71

They are grey, I don't recall the red pinstripe though. The seats need to be reupholstered. Everything else is is pretty mint. To be honest I hadn't decided what I was going to do. I would like to do black vinyl. Minimum on the seats. I like the clean simple look. Not sure about the doors and headliner yet. They are in such good shape, I may leave them. I will definitely keep you posted.

16. I wanna say, I hate you, haha.
    You deserve some type of award, for, starting with such a clean body, and for what you payed for it.
    I'm jealous, you did real good, and I'm real keen to watch this build.

I also liked the part, where you sent the seller a pic of the cash in your hand.

rab71 likes this.
  17. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

Your T looks really great ! An old Aurora model kit " Hi-Stepper " came to my mind immediately. Sorry can`t post a pic, but do a google search if interested.

rab71 likes this.
  18. rab71

rab71

Yeah I am very lucky. I almost feel guilty not restoring to original. Really hoping not to fuck this up. I've done a couple cars most would probably consider rat rods. Here is my current.[​IMG]

This next one with the T will be much nicer. Really want to keep with the correct era as close as possible. I wish I could move faster on it but I have a kid in college and another in Highschool. They ain't cheap!

Thommyknocker and kiwijeff like this.
  19. rab71

rab71

I will look that up, thanks! Currently I get a lot of my ideas from old 60s hot rod magazines. And this website.

20. rab71

rab71

kidcampbell71, slv63 and kiwijeff like this.
  21. Very Nice! Go Man Go!

rab71 likes this.
  22. Here's a center door T I built a few years back, in 1/24the scale, just for fun. IMG_20161116_140614.jpg IMG_20161116_140633.jpg

kidcampbell71, slv63 and rab71 like this.
  23. rab71

rab71

kiwijeff likes this.
  24. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

bondojunkie likes this.
  25. That T looks strange on a drag strip. :eek:

BTW, it's not a 4-door. ;)

26. rab71

rab71

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Before You Get Too Far Along I would Suggest You Get A Title For It, If You Do Not Already Have One. Good Luck With The Build.

czuch likes this.
  28. rab71

rab71

I can title it any time in WI. It's easy here. Just gotta pay the man for the paperwork.

29. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Thats good for you, I suggested it because here they make you pay the tax on the car value as it stands. They make you get an appraisal on the value and that is what you pay. So it is better to get it titled before the work starts.

30. rab71

rab71

I understand that completely, thank you. If I had a title I would buy one. It's no rush. I am not starting to put anything together until I have all parts. This will be quite a while. No rush.