Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

No Tony wish I could, but I'm tapped out on funds and vacation lol see Y'all at a few next year!! Good luck in the finals !

loudbang and 91whitestang like this.
  2. We're gonna miss you! Season opener is only 6 months out :rolleyes:

3. Got a brand new set of Hoosier tires in the mail today. I sent them pictures of the old tires and pictures of my time slips and the only change was the tires. At least they stood behind them not sure what's wrong with them but all I know is the only thing I'll be doing with the old tires us using them for mock up since they didn't want them back.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang, Gammz and beebee78 like this.
  4. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Nice, that doesn't happen often! Someone standing behind their product!! Just for that I think my next set will be Hoosiers!

OahuEli, Mtn Goat, beebee78 and 3 others like this.
  5. loudbang

loudbang

6. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

beebee78 and loudbang like this.
  7. 3rd gear? I've been doing 4th gear all season. What did Quain say about the gear? (He's a dry hop guy though LOL) I'm trying to get Porter to school me on the 600yard burnout :rolleyes: he says "Just drive like you were in high school trying to impress a girl." Easy for him I guess :p

8. We made it to greer stop and say high I'll be the guy in the border bandits t shirt.
    Dang Tony never tried a 4th gear burnouts might have to try that tomorrow. I've always done 3rd gear. The really long burn outs are fun haven't done any in the ford but my coupe I always do them 8n 3rd gear past 60'. It can get out of shape in a hurry though I've seen it happen just gotta be smart when it goes sideways so it don't hook up and throw ya into the wall.

II FUNNY, loudbang and beebee78 like this.
  9. loudbang

loudbang

10. loudbang

loudbang

11. For those who missed Greer yesterday you missed a heck of a show. The Skairlane went 1.32 60' 5.91 @ 116.7 best the car has ever done. I ended up with Donovan in the White Trash Anglia first round. I had him on the tree with a .032 light to his .048. It was a heck of a race to the stripe he got me by .087 at the light. I couldn't be happier with the way my car ran against one of the faster guys in the group. Competition plus had a go pro in my car for the run so I can't wait to see the video. Next few weeks I'm going to pull the motor out and find where the power is. Next year will be a hole new ballgame once I get this monster dialed in.

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 9 others like this.
  12. Have to admit the car is awesome! SKAIRed quite a few people. Good to see it.

13. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

Alot of good pics, the Gray Ghost really sparked a memory. There was a guy around here that ran the Ashland station when I was running around. By that time he had quit running the car, but I used to hear stories of his early chevy II, sbc, 4 spd, straight axle and all called the Gray Ghost.

14. loudbang

loudbang

LOL Fords can take it. Maybe he will pop in and answer your question he is on the HAMB but sorry I forget his member name.

15. A few of my favorite pictures I found from greer this weekend.

Attached Files:

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 7 others like this.
  16. Definitely winning the beauty contest and then backing it up with the power!
    What did you ever decide on the tire gauge? I'm running 9.5lbs on my gauge. Was Boogie Man's gauge off from yours too?

17. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Jimmy Finley's Snake bite Mustang is in this months issue of Mustang Monthly with a nice plug for South East Gassers. Quite an accomplishment considering all they seem to feature is stockers, shelbey's and pro tour crap nowadays . Speaking of the Snake bite, did it start out as a coupe? I was watching one of the early south east gasser video's and there was a quick shot of a car called snake bite but I could swear it was a coupe. Just curious, I love that car either way! Larry

18. Yours and boogie mans gauge was exact. My gauge is a pound off. So I think I'll add that to the list of stuff to buy this winter. I called alkydigger yesterday about my injection. Hilborn said 2-3 weeks to have one to them so with my luck it will probably take 2 months to get so I just ordered it now just in case. Don't want to wait til April to get it in my hands.

beebee78, loudbang and fast30coupe like this.
  19. What size butterflies? @402BOSSMAN is going to open my injection butterfly size for next year. If you look at the size Moonlighter is running or the Avenger, those stacks are huge. :eek:

loudbang likes this.
  20. edweird

edweird

I noticed that also.

21. I'm not sure how big they are on the cammers I never asked that when I ordered it lol

I looked it up on a FE forum and from what I seen they are 2 7/16 diameter. I'll measure them for sure when it shows up. What size are yours now and how big u going with them?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    loudbang likes this.
  22. Jeffs tire gauge was off by 1 3/4 lbs.

23. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

Yes, the snakebite was originally a coupe but got a little surgery this past winter!

0NE BAD 51 MERC, loudbang and edweird like this.
  24. Not sure of the size but right now they lift my foot off the floor at every shift - so they are too small o_O

loudbang and saltflats like this.
  25. Shoot, our little block Jacksons are 2.5"!

loudbang likes this.
  26. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

Jeff, just saw this. Don't think about the price just hit the buy it now
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1479430183.646104.jpg

27. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Jeff , Saw the video of the south east gassers final's. Considering all the issues you have had this year,You must have been estatic coming that close to spanking Donavan's and the White Trash's butt !! From the video that looked to be a real close drag race. I was rooting for you my friend ! Better luck next year!!!! Larry

28. I wanted to hit buy it now but there wasn't one lol. I did win it for the opening bid though. I was trying to mount the pump and belt drive it but that won't work without a bunch of work. So I had no choice but to buy that cover. And I knew I had to bid to win because there probably won't be another one for sale for a while that's the first one I seen.

29. Thanks Larry. Yea I was happy I could even hang with Donovan. With all my trouble this year I was just happy to be running at all. Next year will be a hole new ballgame we have big plans for the motor this time around.

30. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    from Illinois

Glad you got it. It will look awesome on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

strokedstang331 and loudbang like this.