Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ····‚‚‚‚‡‡‡‡ FF-FRIDAY ART SS-SHOW 11/4/16°°°°‚‚‚‚

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spoggie, Nov 4, 2016.

1. 161101Buick\'57Choppd.jpg Lets Rock!..

'Kapunda'
    acrylic on canvas 12x 16"

2. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

image.jpeg HOTWIRE
    I did this on Wednesday, acrylic on canvas

ct1932ford, Cruisin', Jet96 and 24 others like this.
  3. Cool. The ''HOTWIRE" is a dead short.

4. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

Sparks will fly.......

5. Great start guys! Spoggie , Sweeeet Buick. A {Story} As a lot of you, I have loved Hot Rods since I was a kid. Our school's lunch was 25 cents plus a dime for milk and ice cream. So when Drag Cartoons came to the town's news stand each mouth. I took my lunch money and got it. I was 9 or 10 at the time. My old 34 Dodge Delivery was tearing up the town, along with a few other old HOT Rods of the time also. And that is how I fell in LOVE with Hot Rods. So just for the fun of it, I thought I would do a drawing of my old Dodge Delivery on the cover of Drag Cartoons, Thanks Ron...

Attached Files:

• 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      159.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Cruisin', kiwijeff, traffic61 and 7 others like this.
  6. Sorry, I will try the full Image thinky again lol 023.jpg

ct1932ford, Cruisin', Stogy and 14 others like this.
  7. Here is another one I drew this week, for Bruce Fischer. A HAMB,er who ask our opinion on, If we thought he should trade his 1971 Olds Wagon for a 56 Chrysler Windsor 4 door sedan. I know it is hard for him to part with the wagon. But I think the Windsor has a lot more potential. It would look cool as a mild custom. The hood already looks pancaked and peaked. Basically just clean it up by shaving the door handles, hood emblem, parking lights, and the top and bottom grill bars. Keep the center bar, and give it a floating grill look. French the headlights. And when the budget permits. Add a 50 Ford bumper Appleton's, kickstands, skirts, 020.jpg 021.jpg and some cool wheel covers.{ My opinion} lol Ron...

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    ct1932ford, Cruisin', Stogy and 18 others like this.
  8. And how about some Hot Pink Kandy { If you dare} lol 027.jpg

9. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

After our 40 Willys explosion and fire in 1960, we were in a state of shock / limbo as to what to do next after the recovery. My brother and I talked about building a different gasser and hit the big time. We wanted to go after the A/Gas and AA/Gas supercharged racers with a vengeance.

There were a lot of choices, but we found a 40 Willys pick up truck in another sideyard being neglected, again. But, this time, it was going to cost more money. The medical recovery was not going as well as possible, but the idea of us starting again kept coming back into our conversations. So, several ideas popped up. One was this funky drawing I did to see what it would look like. We still wanted to stay with the small block 671 Chevy, but bored and stroked, and with Hilborns, M&H, Halibrands, and a B&M hydro.(no more clutch housings for us) Also, it was everything we were going to do to our Willys coupe.
    upload_2016-11-4_4-6-3.png
    1940 Willys A/Gas supercharged pickup (drawn 1961)
    What happened to that dream? Well, we decided we needed something else a little more mellow and less costly…Surfing USA…!

Jnaki

S.F., ct1932ford, Cruisin' and 13 others like this.
  10. Wild Willy

Wild Willy

Good start guys! Spoggie, the Buick is sharp! Here's a '39 Chrysler woodie..... \'39 Chrysler woody.jpg

11. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

Some cool customs! DSC_9621.jpg DSC_9707.jpg DSC_9743.jpg

Cruisin', tinsled, Stogy and 13 others like this.
  12. I did this one in hopes that might help to remind us of the brave souls who throughout our history have been willing to risk life and limb to protect others...Thank You!

Hamb.jpg

ct1932ford, Cruisin', JimC and 20 others like this.
  13. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Just a quick pencil sketch based on a vintage photograph.

temp442.jpg

This is a new technique I've been playing with, a slightly OT work in progress, digital colorization of a charcoal drawing. I'm sure I'll get around to trying it with a hot rod drawing as well some day.

WIP024.jpg

14. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

dads 52.JPG rons 55.jpg still tryin....my f100 and my dads 52 Chevy

ct1932ford, Tim, Cruisin' and 22 others like this.
  15. Another fun F.A.S. I really like the pencil stuff, Dakin and Ron. And Cool photos too, guys. The Drag Cartoons cover was fun to do. So I did this one of our Nomad as a Cartoons cover also. 024.jpg Ron...

16. ...all neat stuff so far guys,...here's last weeks woodart framed and done, a deuce in the ditch,..and a start on a 55...
    terry lief wood 006.jpg fas 410.jpg fas 414.jpg

typo41, ct1932ford, Cruisin' and 25 others like this.
  17. Awesome... I actually get to check the FAS on Friday morning! But now I have to go finish a plumbing project so we'll have water. ;)

18. WobbleShaft

WobbleShaft

View attachment 3369347 20161103_135640.jpg Nice stuff guys. Ron, nice touch on the lit headlight. As I mentioned before, most of my art is out of iron scrap. Did this one all out of engine parts for a silent auction tomorrow. 20161103_135640.jpg

ct1932ford, Cruisin', Merlin and 17 others like this.
  19. WobbleShaft

WobbleShaft

That second pic should be this. 20161103_135729.jpg

Cruisin', Merlin, Animal and 12 others like this.
  20. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I know this looks familiar to what I had last week but I did not like it. I went back and made lots of changes so it really is a different drawing now. Here is how it is now. Long live the Friday Art Show. 2hoodweb.jpg

ct1932ford, Cruisin', b-bop and 24 others like this.
  21. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

What's in your wallet/rafters???

Rail in the Rafters.jpg

22. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Always look forward to the Friday Art Show. Talented bunch of artists. Thanks for all you share with us.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  23. lanny haas

lanny haas
    from Phoenix AZ

Good friend of mine died a few weeks ago so i drew this for his wife with his 34 Ford
    [​IMG]

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dennis McPhail is hosting his second annual Kustom Kulture art show. It's Dec 4. at his shop. It was really kool last year.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Tim, ct1932ford, Cruisin' and 12 others like this.
  25. Something old I have shown before, did a little color change to make it new again (magic).
    I call this '34 in hiding. Hiding from what? I dunno.
    34_coupe-copy_edited-1.jpg
    Ron, every time I see your Nomad on the HAMB, I think of this one - the one that got away. Original Arizona car with a rarity, factory air. Ran a 327 with a 4 speed. At the time, I had too many cars and no money. I feel that I'm not alone when many of us were in the same situation.
    56_Nomad-1.jpg

26. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

beebing I feel your pain! Joe

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  27. Photo by photography Scott Burns, digitally altered for use on the upcoming Aces Poker Run flyer, 11/5/16, Orange County, CA.

Attached Files:

28. We took a little road trip today to see some fall colors. I tried to take a few Artsy ones for our F.A.S. thanks Ron... 006.jpg

Tim, Jet96, 57 Corvette ~ Bob and 7 others like this.