Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration What's Your Dream build?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by themoose, Oct 30, 2016.

1. The weather in Connecticut sucks today so I thought I'd see if this might generate some interesting reading material to keep me alert and awake. If not then I guess it's gonna be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

OK so you just won the "Hot Rod Project" lottery that allows you build (NOT Buy) one only of any hot rod or custom you want with all expenses paid including tools and equipment. I know it's a little far-fetched but what the hell, we can all dream a little can't we? What are the "must haves" and what would your choice of vehicle be?

clunker and rwbiii like this.
  2. As a fellow nutmegger, Ill bite

It's so hard to narrow down to just one, but at this juncture in my life, I need room for four. A '39 Deluxe ford Tudor would work. Olds Rocket 324 or 371 with a TH-350 so Mama can drive and a 9" bronco rear with 3.50:1s would work so dad could still mark up the road without shearing keys

themoose and rwbiii like this.
  3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well, let me see...'39 Ford convert with a 4x2 Olds rocket and cad-lasalle? Sixties T-bucket with a hilborn injected 327? Full-fendered T-Tudor with a 270hp 283 and four speed? Factory 4 speed '65 Falcon Futura with a hot 331 and a toploader? Man, I think I already have my hands full!
    I would dig a chopped, full fendered '32 Tudor, or a full fendered Model 40 roadster, or a '64/'65 Corvette with a hot 377 and a stick, or a '68-'72 Stingray with flared fenders, a ZL-1 hood a stick and a thundering BB with Hooker or Kustom side pipes, but I am 56 yrs old, and I am not sure I would give up anything I already have to have them, so I think I'm good thanks!:)

themoose likes this.
  4. something like this. i have been gathering parts to do it and promised Sally Ann Howes a ride when i am done images.jpeg ......

kiwijeff, patmanta, Ned Ludd and 4 others like this.

5. bchctybob

bchctybob

Mine would be a real Ford '32 3w coupe, full fendered with a 3 1/2" artfully chopped top, a blown 394 Olds with a TH400 and a Gearvendors OD, and a quickchange - very low with real Halibrands all around. In medium gray hot rod primer or shiny black. Maybe a '32 roadster and chopped '32 Tudor to match?
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, it's raining cats and dogs here in sunny California today also - good day for a "fantasy build"

themoose likes this.
  6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Hot Rod Lottery Winner? That is easy, a Roadster I could drive to Bonneville, race and set a 200+MPH Record, collect my Red Hat and drive home. Has that been done in the modern era? Bob

ravedodger, wedjim and themoose like this.
  7. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

The elusive super rad Chrysler K-car custom. Man, you can't get any sweeter than this. Who's holding?:eek:;)

Attached Files:

51 BIRD, swade41, nailed31 and 7 others like this.
  8. Dem fender skirts tho

9. I'll be looking for that on at one of our local shows..

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  10. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

My dream build would be these 2 cars. #1 1963 chev impala all mostly period corect reason why is my brother had one. And he passed away never complete i was way to little to inherit it or anything. #2 I realy dig a 55 chevy. Just like american graffiti i dont care if it a post or hard top.

GreenMonster48 and themoose like this.
  11. squirrel

squirrel

I'm getting ready to make my next dream build happen. It's off topic, though.

themoose likes this.
  12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is there an unlike button?:confused:

Texas57 and wbrw32 like this.
  13. bchctybob

bchctybob

So Jim, did you sell the World Famous Edsel for enough to build your dream car?

firstinsteele likes this.
  14. Darn that's too bad....Would have enjoyed seeing another one come together!

firstinsteele likes this.
    falcongeorge and Sinister like this.
  16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Willys coupe.

17. @tb33anda3rd

Must not be taking inflation into account......

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

19. bchctybob

bchctybob

Oh yeah, good choice!

20. The 32 Deuce pickup was my dream build and it's already gone down the road so I really haven't decided which dream to choose from,my old F-100? another Deuce? a custom? or just a simple hot rod,rest assured when I know you guys will know soon after. HRP

themoose and tb33anda3rd like this.
  21. Go over to the off topic social group and share the build when it happens. HRP

tfeverfred likes this.
  22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

HRP, I'd like to see your version of a '29 Roadster on Deuce rails. I think you'd do it right. Did mention I have a consultation fee? Yea, I do. $150 and hour.:D

23. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::D

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

3 years ago, I found a striped down body on Craigslist, but didn't have the money to pull the trigger. It's been haunting me ever since.

themoose likes this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

ok, theres one, If I am dreaming, I would put a Kasse shotgun motor in my '67 falcon instead of the Cleveland!

BradinNC, themoose and tfeverfred like this.
  26. Believe it or not,but I have built a 29 on Deuce rails but I sold it before it was finished to my friend Paul.

This was long before I joined the Hamb and I think I could improve the look. HRP

[​IMG]

flynbrian48 likes this.
  27. 2935ford

2935ford

Can I say I already have mine?

tb33anda3rd and themoose like this.
  28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

More off-topic than a '68-'72 Corvette with fender flares and foot wide Ansen Sprints?:eek::D

swade41 likes this.
  29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I need to change mine from a Willys to a Nomad. For two reasons. 1) I haul a lot of stuff around, including a wheelchair everywhere and 2) I have dreamt of having one every since my buddy had a '57 back in school with Cragars and a Cadillac mill. In fact I would probably trade my Corvette with fender flares and foot wide Americans for one if I could ever figure out how to let go. ;)

1004151634a.jpg

30. Cool. Something positive. I'm in.

I dig the idea of working with what's available at the time that I have any $.

So:
    Right now this is on my most wanted/available list IMG_1477865130.909988.jpg locally

I would take all of this out of here IMG_1477865244.196486.jpg
    Put it into the new 6000 sq foot fleet storage building next door, which I will have constructed after winning the hot rod lottery, then buying and demolishing my neighbor's house.

I would stop working myself to death, and concentrate on learning how to build a ford v8 flathead motor. How to box a frame. Change out crossmember etc. (never done it. All a mystery to me)

Although I also like the idea of a Nailhead or Caddy 390

A-la the Tardel book, I would figure out how to drop the axle myself, install juice brakes myself, adapt an early Ford standard trans, chop the top, (no channel), re-upholster it myself, have a lot of fun gathering raw materials.

I would stick with all old parts, not once ordering from Speedway or any street rod catalogue. Everything would be weathered but functional. I don't like or value anything super nice or fancy.

In the end, I would end up with something a lot like this IMG_1477869376.946852.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea, but I dig it. I like coupes better, but I really would always like to have my wife and 2 kids drive with me. (I already have motorcycles if I feel like being alone). I like the proportions of 4 door A's more than 2 door sedans, just a preference.