Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Saxxon

Saxxon

It was great to see the Skairlane at the Fall Fall Out especially after all the hassle you've gone through with the engine. I was at the 1100 ft mark when you got sideways in 4th. Even my wife commented "Oooh don't do that". Great build. Can't wait to see it live up to the potential.

Snow falling just North of us... really jealous of you folks still racing

2. Thanks fellas I'm hoping to get to the track again in the next few weeks. We are gonna try pretty drastic chassis changes since it hasn't responded at all with what we have done. The plan is to raise the ladder bars to see if maybe for some reason we are to low. On a side note I picked up a new hot rod yesterday many of you probably seen it on craigslist. It was sold rite away and I contacted the new owner and just by luck he just bought it because it looked cool had no idea what it even was.its kind of a really neat story I'm going to start a build thread for it I plan to just fix what's broke and get it running again. 1476021154815.jpg 1476021174961.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 7 others like this.
  3. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Wow I hope all your adjusting gets you where you need to be. That new Hot Rod is really cool! Gary

4. 9sectruck

9sectruck

Cool old Altered, love the look. I can't believe someone bought it and sold it again straight away, looks like a keeper to me!!

5. Well we finally got the Skairlane to go down the track without scaring the shit out of everyone watching. Who would have thought we got a bad set of tires and they were brand new? She went 9.58 @142 mph still spinning a little out of the hole. I did get a second gear wheelie out of it. Now just need to work on the 60' then we can start finding more power. Really happy with the way she ran today. 1477276534202.jpg 1477276629423.jpg

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 10 others like this.
  6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Great news!!

loudbang likes this.
  7. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Awesome!!! Hoping i get to see some passes at Greer, i should know this week if i can go. (work) lol

8. loudbang

loudbang

Great news. Now you can unleash that SOHC power.

9. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yes sir...and in the willys and the Maverick pro stocker

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

VNTGE41 and loudbang like this.
  10. Yea I haven't had any more water trouble since I had the heads fixed. It's just straight water.

loudbang likes this.
  11. can I get some more info on the bad tires? what make were they? did the circumference match side to side? how did you determine it was the tires etc. glad you got it figured out.

12. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

\

Jeff I saw a video of that run and you where just bellowing smoke out of the back and all I could think was that you just dumped the cooling system! Sure am glad your getting the bugs worked out ! Larry

13. The look good nothing physically wrong with them that I can see. The only thing we noticed with them they never smoke at all. We took a gamble and tried a different set of tires because we were out of things to try. My brother had the exact same tire with a different date code on them so we put them on it and no more skating all the way down the track. The first set of tires were peeling pretty bad after rock falls just like a drag radial does when u beat on them on the street. They are hoosier tires and so far they have been good about helping me and sounds like they are going to replace them. They want the code off the new set of tires and they want me to send them pictures of the tires and pictures of the time slips also so they can see the difference. I picked up almost 3mph in the 1/8 and little over 5mph in the 1/4 just changing the tires and they are the exact same tire

Pufff, Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  14. Yea Larry the one video where it was smoking pretty bad was when I was trying to run the header evac off the back of the intake. I thought being a cammer it wouldn't have as much oil in the valley to pull oil out the exhaust but I was wrong it pulls quite a bit of oil out having it like that. Trial and error I guess this winter I plan to put injection on it so I'll move them to the valve cover

15. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I figure I should let you fellas know, that the 55 went down the road to a new home...I decided I'd rather have a street car I race occasionally than have a race car I try driving on the street.

strokedstang331 likes this.
  16. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

No sir...he's not a H.A.M.B. member. It will be at the Meltdown next year though.

strokedstang331 likes this.
  17. No I never used a durometer on them. The thing that turned us on to the tires is they never smoke. No matter how long of a burnout I would do no smoke. And after talking about the suspention with Quain everything we talked about he said the car should be doing violent wheel stands the way it was set up. It's a little liter on the nose then they run. I'm going to run it at greer Mr Ric Panneton is going to help me there with chassis stuff then when I get home I'm pulling the motor and the plan is to make at least 800hp with it before it goes back it. It will have mechanical injection on it next season so that should help it out a ton.

18. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

IMG_0842.JPG Well the Grape finally did what it's suppose to! Want to thank everyone for they're advice and input, gonna make a few changes this winter and improve some!

19. loudbang

loudbang

Pretty good RT too.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Loudbang I think the little dash before the .017 means he was early to the party.

21. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

A wee bit on the early side on the RT

Chrome don't get ya home

loudbang likes this.
  22. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Yea just a lil !

loudbang likes this.
  23. loudbang

loudbang

Opps I jumped the light too missing that big clue. :confused:

saltflats likes this.
  24. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Don't believe he changed nothing he was doing except the tires??

25. 3rd gear burnouts and I tried big burnouts and little burnouts didn't matter either way with the first set of tires. Doing everything the same just with new tires and it works now

powrshftr likes this.
  26. Saxxon

Saxxon

Glad to see progress

I've always wanted to be like Paul Z and fog in the starting line to the 600 ft mark... but I find I don't need a big burnout to get the Scout to hook. Besides - it tends to drift to the left and then tries to take out the tree if I hold the burnout too long and release the trans brake or try to smoke past the line.

Gammz likes this.
  27. loudbang

loudbang

Well you guys got some good press on bangshift today
    http://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/...-mt-park-dragway-coolest-cars-in-the-country/

I grabbed some of the photos and will put them here I hope everybody sees their car so I don't have to chase down their separate threads. A couple more guys I didn't recognize from on the HAMB are in the photos too

Sorry grape dude I'm a Ford fan so they go first :rolleyes: And yours only got two shots blame bangshift LOL.

SEG-091116-00044.jpg

SEG-091116-00045.jpg

SEG-091116-00046.jpg

SEG-091116-00047.jpg

SEG-091116-00048.jpg

SEG-091116-00050.jpg

SEG-091116-00052.jpg

SEG-091116-00053.jpg

THE MAN

SEG-091116-00024.jpg

SEG-091116-00026.jpg

SEG-091116-00028.jpg

SEG-091116-00029.jpg

SEG-091116-00030.jpg

SEG-091116-00041.jpg

SEG-091116-00042.jpg

Pufff, Mtn Goat, 55belairx2 and 7 others like this.
  28. That's Bad Ass! Is the Grape coming to the finals this weekend?

loudbang likes this.
  29. Awesome coverage thanks for sharing. I'm hoping I can air out the wheels this weekend will make for better pics.
    Tony no grape this weekend he's not comming it's parked for the winter I believe

91whitestang, beebee78 and loudbang like this.