Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Very much appreciated Duane! Will check em out!

2. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

This is my latest. Kinda. I've owned this one the longest. I've had 13 since I bought this one. I bought it in 94. It was sitting in a junk yard. Someone had pulled the head off the 240 and left it for dead. After messing around with it for a couple of years I decided it was too far gone to try and restore. It's a ruff old truck. Lots of hard miles on it in it's life. I still liked it and couldn't bear to part it out. It's a 67 and they only built 2025 pickups in 67. I just pushed to the back burner and moved on to different projects. It's been moved around from place to place just trying to stay out of the way. Seeing as I had most everything I needed to put it together I decided to just put another 240 in it that I had laying around. Go thru the brakes, fuel, and cooling systems. Get it back on the road as a driver. Not pretty. Just an old beater shop truck. With a lot of help from my friends, we had a bash one weekend and everybody came over and we tackled most everything in one weekend. Well. I finally got it back on the street. Still working some bugs out of it but it's been great to finally get to drive it. This is the truck that started my love for Econolines. I'm happy to get a chance to finally drive it. I'll start working on the rust issues and stuff as I go along. Just want to make it dependable right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hanging around in the barn for a few years.

[​IMG]

Spent about ten years buried in the back of the shop. Until I got a Bridgeport and lathe and needed the space. It had these green doors on it when I bought it. The yard still had the original doors from it so I bought them and put them back on it. They are a little ruff but I like the color match. This was special order Vintage Burgundy. A rare color on Econolines.

[​IMG]

Spent a little time out back before I got my barn built. It was in good company back in those days.

[​IMG]

Working on the 240 during the weekend bash.

[​IMG]

I had a second axle already set up with disc brakes. Just swapped them out. Being old and decrepit we worked on it on my trailer cause it's easier the getting up off the ground. I don't have the fortune of having a lift. [​IMG]

Some of my friends Econo's that came to help. Eric in TN 67 5 window pickup on the left, Eric from Mississippi's 67 eight door van. My 61 three window. Thanks to the two Eric's, Steve and John from AR, and Jim from TN as well for all their help.

Duane in Tennessee.

droppedstepside, Cooon and Olson like this.
  3. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Wow Duane what a collection and a great story of Econolines! Nothing better than a whole bunch of Econolines.

Also thanks again for the recommendation on St Louis Spring! ! These guys are great, talked to Jim and he is super to deal with. I just ordered a new pair for 61... which he hoped to get made for me today!

4. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

I met Jim a few years ago. Real great guy. He told me he could build springs for anything. His company had been doing it for decades. Anything you need he could do in house. Said he priced springs by how much steel he put in them. Can't go wrong with that. A real company doing stuff the old fashion way.

Duane in Tennessee.

5. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

Wow. Got home and my new pair of leafs were delivered today!

Just ordered them tuesday am, so 3 days to fabricate and deliver ... pretty good, St Louis Spring!

6. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

021915215510.jpg Saw this at work afew years ago.

droppedstepside likes this.
  7. New Cragars and finished two tone.
    [​IMG]

falcongeorge and Maverick Daddy like this.
  8. RodStRace

RodStRace

Econopoor (dwayne) I didn't see your post here before, looks good! Is it still going in the summer heat?

9. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

Found another 67 three widow the other day. This was a real barn find. I bought it from the same owner that bought it brand new in Nov 67. It still has the original title. It is a very original unmolested pickup. He bought it in North Little Rock and used it to drive to work at the nuclear power plant in Russelville AR. It's a 170 three speed with a 3.5 7.25 rear. Bare bones just as plain as it can be pickup. This thing is clean. Just one tiny rust hole in the left rear corner. Story is he drove it until 87 when he bought a new pickup. The local dealer wouldn't take this on trade so he took it to his 80 acre farm and used it to put up barb wire fences. In 92 the brakes went to the floor so he parked it in the barn and forgot about it. Every Laborday weekend we have our Econoline meet on Petit Jean mountain which is just down the road from Russelville. A few years ago the local paper did a story on us and it had a contact number in the story. When he decided to sell he called us up as he wanted to find a good home for it. While at this years show we went and had a look at it. Took me about 5 minutes to decide it was going home with me. Paid his asking price and loaded it up.

[​IMG]

As we found it in the barn. Fence rig was still in the bed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The man I bought it from and the skid marks where the brakes were locked up from sitting so long.

[​IMG]

Loaded up and heading back to the show on Petit Jean Mountain. It's in my shop now and I started tearing into the brakes. I can't wait to get this one back on the road. This is my 15th Econoline that I've owned. I'm down to five pickups and one van now. I'll probably sell my 61 five window now that I have this one. Duane.

echo ed, droppedstepside and Olson like this.
  10. erock805

erock805

Good god man it's perfect!

11. erock805

erock805

My new one last week. A van this time. See if I can knock Coby off his perch of excellence.....just kidding I will lower it. Get it runnin and improve the brakes a bit. Then who knows. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442899006.340816.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442899060.951206.jpg

12. econopoor

econopoor
    from Jackson TN

Nice van. That desert metal sure is nice. All the humidity here in the south rots them from the ground up. I got lucky with this latest pickup as it was sitting on a nice concrete slab for the past 23 years. Looks like a 63-4 you have there. Can't wait to see it back on the road.

Duane.

13. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

14. tiki_spike

tiki_spike

I don't know if this was addressed in the past thread, but does anyone know where I can find a steering wheel adapter kit? I want to swap my wheel for a custom one. The Grant adapters list every make and model of car and truck but they are clear to say *Except 61-64 Econolines*. Lame. Any ideas?

15. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

16. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Its a Gen2 model, but here's a pretty groovy Econoline in a drag race from a CHiP's episode!

17. They wrecked a lot of good cars in CHIPS. Econo's and A100's included.

MrGasser likes this.
  18. oil_dripper

oil_dripper
    from So.Cal

Mine

Attached Files:

dutchman likes this.
  19. Hey gang, I thought some of you might like to check out the new Vinvanco website. We've got lots of pics, a blog with a series of interviews with builders/owners around the county and a store filled with vintage van goodies. Check it out.

20. YocumBros.

YocumBros.
    from Raleigh NC

Making some progress on mine, this is the swing arm and I've started the cage. Got the engine ready to go too.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451964933.477089.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451964869.215396.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451964954.411723.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451964991.664265.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1451965573.288973.jpg

NSR likes this.
  21. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

My 63 pick-up 351 cleveland with C4 automatic 11204975_969736089724562_1001612734627454707_n.jpg

droppedstepside, Cooon, NSR and 3 others like this.
  22. Fords-R-Us

Fords-R-Us
    from NE Iowa

Truck weighs out 3000 lbs, 1500 at frt and 1500 at rear 10632846_969736646391173_6743669072775799394_n.jpg 19191_969736793057825_7702976445656356360_n.jpg

droppedstepside, Cooon and YocumBros. like this.
  23. AndrewnTX

AndrewnTX
    from Plano, TX

My 61 Five Window..

Attached Files:

24. PontiacPower67

PontiacPower67

25. bigheadbaxter

bigheadbaxter

26. Econoline'63

Econoline'63

Got my econoline 2 years ago. Any suggestions on wiring kits?

27. Econoline'63

Econoline'63

Thanks it's a five window truck actually

28. Cool. I used to walk by one of those in bus form when I was a teen, I dreamed of owning it, it was so cool. Ford was trying to kick VW's ass with that line. The Econoline P/U is the bomb. Throw up a pic.

29. Econoline'63

Econoline'63

Couldn't quite get media to work, but profile pic works, and there it is!

clunker likes this.
  30. badshifter

badshifter

IMG_5919.JPG IMG_5927.JPG I got one of them a few weeks ago.