Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods '25 T Roadster Sports Rod.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Limey Kid, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

You can run in a higher class if you choose. F for fuel, is considered a higher class.
    Ran gas on Friday, set the record. Ran fuel on Saturday and Sunday and set that record.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

2. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Thank you, makes sense as I understand the designations. Great ride, cool experience, fantastic records, all very neat!!!!

3. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

See....I think you might be hooked on this stuff now, Stewart. Got a call from Gregg yesterday. How do you like my `Supervisor`?:D:D Congratulations. Job well done.....:)

4. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi ya Kid.Congrats on the records.Awesome sounding engine.Awesome looking car.Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors in the sport.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

5. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

I've often heard " it's not just about the cars, but the people you meet because of them".
    This past weekend I have been reminded of that so much. Without my friends giving up their time and skills, this would still be in the garage unfinished. Others just gave me support, or a slap upside the head, when I needed it. I was also struck by the warmth of fellow racers. Most of whom were posting much faster times than me, but didn't treat me any less. Amazing just amazing. So I hereby acknowledge my friends. I will be forever in their debt. They made my dream come true, checked something off my real bucket list. Lastly as I shouted at the top of my voice as I crossed the lights on my first run, FUCK THE CANCER!
    In no particular order :-
    Clark , Jimmy, Nathan, Erik, Gerry, Jeff, Gary, Chris, James, Jim, Marv, Dale, Todd, and most of all Lisa, my wonderful wife of 22 years. The best hot rod chick a guy could ask for. I love you all. Thank you.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

Congratulations on ALL you've accomplished---The idea , the concept, and finally---- the build. The fun of the build, The SHARING of the build, (REALLY BIG DEAL HERE) and telling us of the frustration of the things that bugged you, and especially at the end of the build, the things that pushed you up against the wall!!! You MADE IT, YOU RAN IT, and DAMN MAN----- You set a record------ OR TWO!!!! THANK YOU STEWART---Thank you for sharing this part of your life. And adding to our lives.ll Bill Rinaldi

kiwijeff, volvobrynk, AHotRod and 2 others like this.
  7. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

image.jpeg image.jpeg So the next stage starts. Getting this thing ready for the street. So off with the rollbar and harness, in with the cushions and lap belts. Put windshield posts and frame on. There is no top bar on the frame, the top of the tape will be the top of the glass. Got to paint the frame and then go get the glass cut and fitted.
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

kiwijeff, chrisp, rooman and 7 others like this.
  8. bengeltiger

bengeltiger

Congrats! Your story & spirit are inspiring. F the cancer!

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hat's off! Way to go. Gary

10. Ya did a great job! Ross and I were pleased to meet you at the mile and in a small way share your happiness at the success of the weekend. I'm looking forward to seeing thecar on the street.

Charlie

11. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

It's always good to put a face to a name on the HAMB. It was a fun weekend, already thinking of a track nose and a small deflector in front of the steering wheel. Lights and wiring are next for the street. Need to raise some $$$, it all went on getting to Wilmington, and it was worth every penny.
    Cheers.
    Stewart.

12. metal man

metal man

Charlie, it was nice to meet you in person at the mile. It was funny when you pulled up, I was the first person you talked to. You asked if "Stew" was around. You had parked next to, and were looking at my dad's coupe. Our last name is Stewart, and a few people call Dad Stew, so at first I didn't know who you were looking for. That's when I realized there were four of us there with either first or last name of Stewart.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  13. metal man

metal man

Do you have plans to take the roadster to Cobo this winter ?
    May as well take both hot rods....

14. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Not really been up to much of late. Getting the car ready for Wilmington took its toll. I sanded and painted the windshield frame, just need to get the glass cut. Made the mounts for the mirrors and bolted them on. I've had the mirrors for years waiting for this car. They are GT 300s, same as the ones on Cobras. Putting a baffle in the exhaust is next.
    Cheers,
    Stewart. thumbnail_IMG_20161103_152839371.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20161103_152812668.jpg thumbnail_IMG_20161103_152800154.jpg

15. A Boner

A Boner

Check out an old thread of mine....."cheap stainless steel muffler tech". How to put baffles in a 2" exhaust pipe......might be something you can experiment with.

16. millersgarage

millersgarage

baffle?!?

that's no fun

kiwijeff and tomkelly88 like this.
  17. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

Trying to become somewhat law abiding... ish ;).
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

millersgarage likes this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

20. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

The roadster is up for sale in the classifieds. I want to build something else. I live on a "fixed income", have a daughter in college. So this has to go to fund the next one!
    Cheers,
    Stewart.

Harms Way likes this.
  21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Good to hear from you Stewart, I was wondering how you were doing. Hope your health is good these days and it will be interesting to see your next project if it's suitable for the forum.
    Larry.

22. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Based on your car, I went to Midget/Sprite Armstrong shocks on the front of my Zipper and they made a world of difference. However, I did install the Cobera mirrors six years ago!

Thanks for the inspiration.

23. Ken Hanna

Ken Hanna

Blackjack,
    In that case, it's very strange that you never grasped the fact that it's those 110mm diameter steel tubes/canisters you were cutting which are the structural component linking the front and rear suspension... ;)
    Front spring bears on the inner face of the front end cap, upward deflection of the front radius arms pulls the canisters forwards, applying compression to the rear springs which lifts the back end of the car.
    Btw, the forces involved are high, as the spring rates on these cars are over 850lb/in...

https://flic.kr/p/aEorCC

Ned Ludd likes this.
  24. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

If you're interested in inteconnected suspension in general, there is an as-yet not very active group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2570892646574310

Blues4U likes this.
  25. Back when Stewart had the sports rod for sale my Pal Ross in Grand Haven, MI bought it. He has made a few improvements in the suspension and the general running of the car. It sounds great and runs very well given the light weight. We went to the Gas Axe Garage open house in St. Johns over the last weekend and he had a nice visit with Stewart's widow (who had their '34 coupe there. Time goes on but we all miss Stewart just the same.

brEad, hotrodfil and Blues4U like this.