Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Race Of Gentlemen West

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Roadsir

Roadsir

Awesome pictures.....We need a East - (Atlantic), West - (Pacific), North- (Dunes of Lake Michigan) and a South(Gulf) TROG series!

Ric Dean, slv63 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. NOAH324

NOAH324

3. Rand Man

Rand Man

This looks like an awesome event, put on by a great group. The participants really look worthy. I would like to be a part this this somehow.

At the risk of looking like a total dick . . . I could have told you there would have been near record high tides last weekend all over Earth. Yes, the weather was a factor that made it all worse. The main thing was the moon. A full moon, full at perigee (a super moon). The pull of the moon causes the tide in the first place. When the Earth and the moon are at their closest point of the year, that's a bad time for a beach party.

Please don't take this the wrong way. Maybe I could help next time, if anybody wants to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Baumi, AHotRod, Lazy A and 3 others like this.
  4. My one man can only watch from the sidelines !! Chevy banger is too new 62

5. jeta12

jeta12

Thank you guys for posting...Looks like a Blast, no matter the weather.

6. image.jpg Good ol Mel keeping that tank from getting squrley off the line. At least I think it's Mel bare feet and all.

7. A Boner

A Boner

Ron, how about posting a pic of your one man modified......the last pic I saw of it was from probably 10 years ago!

8. 4woody

4woody

Rare to have that kind of rain before Halloween here. We'll (probably) do better weather-wise next year.

9. Never2low

Never2low

One more event for the bucket list!

BASS IS A RULER!!!!!!!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. 64crump

64crump
    from Alta Loma

To see 12,000 spectators stand on the bluffs and wait for the gates to open, while the bikes and cars had to cross a soft spot in the sand to get to the staging areas, this was a grand entrance and opening. The crowd lined the whole 1/10th course. Great food vendor and a huge bar. Yeah people were having loads of fun. Mot everything went perfect, but hats off to Stultz and Green for actually pulling off the race at all. 1476770053698.jpg 1476770095998.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. This was probably the most fun I've had at an automotive event. I'm used to walking by rows of cars without finding something that piques my interest; however, there wasn't a car or bike in this event that didn't draw my attention. The racing and atmosphere made it even better. All traditional hotrod fans need to put this on their list.

Stogy likes this.
  12. autobilly

autobilly

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/are-you-restless.1035173/

13. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I just got in after a 10 hour drive home to Arizona, yes it was wet and the guys did their best with the big waves and high tide but it was definitely a historic event, my favorite moment was pushing Justin Baas's newly built T for the last race of the day against the Navarro Roadster, anyone get a picture of that?..................I would not have missed the first TROG West for anything!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    kidcampbell71 and mctim64 like this.
  14. When I got there @ 8:30 and saw the tide and checked the charts I knew it would be a while. I don't think racing started until 1:30. I had a great time rain and all.....

mctim64 likes this.
  15. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  16. My friends the Chinn's were there and I missed it . Maybe next time .
    IMG_1259.JPG

Paul, ct1932ford and chriseakin like this.
  17. Crankhole

Crankhole

Hands down, thee best hotrod/motorcycle event I've ever attended.

Sutton Speed and JOYFLEA like this.
  18. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

I think it's funny how something finally becomes historic when it happens in California.

I kid. Sorta.

I had a blast at Pismo. Instead of racing as I usually do, I got to do tech inspections and welcome those who would race. I'v been to every one, and never had a bad time. I think that might be impossible.

[​IMG]@nickshotrodgarage with the Kenz and Leslie #oddrod at #theraceofgentlemen lined up against an historic Indy car. Heck yeah. #hamb #hotrod by general gow, on Flickr

[​IMG]#goldenrod or #yellowsubmarine ? #theraceofgentlemen #hotrod #hamb by general gow, on Flickr

[​IMG]Aaron Von Minden's #flatcad powered 5w at #theraceofgentlemen by general gow, on Flickr

[​IMG]@chrisharper killer roadster at #theraceofgentlemen #trog #hamb #hotrod by general gow, on Flickr

19. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

I'm with D.N.D., sure would love to see more/know more about the black single seat lakester. Rinaldi

20. I could not keep the smile off my face! [​IMG]

21. I was smiling so much T.R.O.G. WEST made me the official poster child! I'm definitely honored!!!![​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    ct1932ford, Drewfus, ROCKER77 and 3 others like this.
  22. I found this one to share too! that's me on the right and my good friend Joshua on the left! we raced twice! He won the first one! His Banger is (BAD ASS!)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  23. brjnelson

brjnelson

There is a post about the build on the HAMB, that is a replica of John Gerber's race car, he was a Iowa farmer that kicked ass on the dirt tracks. or google john gerber

24. The photographer from Hop Up just texted me this picture! He takes Rad pictures!!!!
    [​IMG]

25. jeta12

jeta12

Perfect^^^^.......That takes some Balls!!!!

26. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

I'am guessing that would the ' Super E Ticket ' ride

CrazyUncleHarry, rpm56 and Jet96 like this.
  27. Just returned from TROG West and have to say it was a TOTAL BLAST from the past. Love the photo of Mel holding back the tank, but wish someone had a shot of him rolling in the sand after he let go of it.....had everyone cracking up. This was my first TROG event and if I never get to make another one I can live with it as the images burned in my mind from this will be there for ever.
    Thanks to paintslinger805 & Cylconekevin for giving this old flatlander one GREAT weekend.....you guys & your family's ROCK!

mctim64 and Cyclone Kevin like this.
  28. I'm sure sorry I missed this, Joe. Damn, I'm jealous!

530sandman likes this.
  29. Hopefully the city will let us come back!
    Then you can come have some fun, maybe next year we'll get nicer weather too!
    Joe

30. T__N__A

T__N__A

Ya I built this car, Scott Hills was racing it.

Attached Files: