Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoeboxes whos got em? Lets see em..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RenoRat, Mar 22, 2006.

1. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

Ive looked and cant find any posts .. But post pics of your Boxes.....

Heres mine...

[​IMG]

2. geemann51

geemann51

a little redundant, but here's mine....

Attached Files:

3. 59FORD

59FORD

Old pics of my brothers

Attached Files:

4. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

old pic of mine, but the body is off the frame now and its down to bare metal

Attached Files:

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Here are my two

Picture 016AAA.jpg

P1010007 (Small).jpg

6. Terry

Terry

You know it's funny this comes up every once and a while, and still bugs me. And I'm one of those that can't let things be. It dosen't really matter I know but to me a shoebox is and always will be a Chevy!

The first time this came up I asked 100 people at various shows and swap meets I went to, what they thought of when someone said Shoebox. out of 100, 28 said Ford. Then at the local rod weekly get together of all 23 of us there all 23 said Chevy too.

To tell the truth, untill I join the HAMB I never heard of a Ford shoebox. A shoebox was a 55 - 57 Chevy. But could include 49 - 54 too. Now I hear the term tri-5 alot. That was a truck not a car.

It's not a issue, it is just hard to let go of the terms and ideals you where brought up with. Reminds me of the article KIRK! wrote a few months back for the GGG.

7. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

heres mine !! :D

Attached Files:

8. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

here's an older pic of mine....

Attached Files:

• c9_1.jpg
      c9_1.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
  9. I have a basically stock '51 Club Coupe, except for the Corvette Yellow paint a high school kid applied back in the mid '70's. He's in his late 40's now and I just recently bought it when he lost storage in a barn due to a death in the family. It's been sitting since '78 and it's gonna sit here through a couple projects in front of it.

Johnnie.

11. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

I like the looks of that SHOEBOX!! Now you Canadians are lucky with those grills!

12. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Now that that's established (at least to MY satisfaction) I'm going to try a little carjacking of this thread since I haven't got any action on another site. Has anybody ever explored installing a shoebox on a '54 thru '56 Ford chassis? The reason I ask is to determine if that might be a more practical way to power a '49-'51 with a Y-Block. I installed a 272 in my '51 Vicky back in 1956 and it was a nasty, painful operation. If I live long enough, I'd like to reprise that car but without some of the cut and slash. The engine would bolt in, the front end would have ball joints---. Am I dreaming or nightmaring?

13. 65fsbk

65fsbk

Hey guys..Im new to the board, and dont have much to offer yet. I just aquired my dads old shoebox...a 51 Ford Custom...mostly stock st the moment, as I dont know what direction I want to go...there is enough good reading here to help me decide;)..Here is a pic of it..the quality of my camera sucks, and I have to ask you not to laugh too hard at the car..I just brought it home a week before this pic was taken..Im going through the wiring at the moment,need to address brake issues,tighten the steering a bit, and it should be road worthy...
    .Joe

[​IMG]

14. Terry

Terry

15. crusader

crusader

Here's mine. Still in process, but hope to be on the road again as soon as I can...

Attached Files:

16. FEDER

FEDER

This weekend color I hope. My elbow's sore ------FEDER

Attached Files:

17. Here's mine...you didn't specify if it had to be a tri5 or a Ford...
    [​IMG]

18. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Sorry but WTF are you guys doing screwing up a normal thread with your chevy shoebox bullshit... I dont get it... WTF???

19. Found a pic of the yeller '51.

Johnnie.

Attached Files:

20. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

old one i had
    [​IMG]

21. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

22. Terry, just to interject a little history. If you look at the little mags from the early 50's, you will see shoebox fords have always been popular. From the time they were new. Could have been the Merc look alike thing. They had a resurgence in the fifties and then again in the 60's. They are enjoying a comeback again. Check out the Rod and Custom, Sept 60 issue. They call them shoeboxes on the top rite corner of the cover. Just a little history. Pat.

23. Lightened up your pic a little. Pat.

24. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Thank you!

I fucking hate the idiot writers of magazines that don't know shit about cars. I think most ppl started calling Chevys and some newer Fords "shoeboxes" because some writer called them that in the 70s or 80s. Once it's in print and written, it becomes GOSPEL.

25. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

here's mine...

[​IMG]

26. 00 MACK

00 MACK

coupe

Attached Files:

27. Berky

Berky

Here is my old 51 Business coupe