Register now to get rid of these ads!

Monroe WA Swap Meet this weekend!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shaggy, May 14, 2007.

1. No shit? That doesn't sound good!

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I made some good sales during set up. Now I'm hearing the rain on my roof, but that's why Costco sells canopies. In Washington, we spell "monsoon" S-W-A-P-M-E-E-T

falcongeorge likes this.
  3. Cash ? Yepp... Raincoat ? Uhuh...umbrella? Nope... Trashbags? Yepp.....Lets roll !

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I got up this morning fully intending to head out to Monroe, 25 or so miles away. It was raining, but more than that, the wind was blowing the rain almost sideways. I imagine the outside vendors are getting pretty hammered and discouraged. The indoor vendors are probably getting more traffic. I decided to just stay home, and hang onto my $$$ for a little longer. Hope you braver HAMBERS found what you were looking for. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

falcongeorge likes this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It was a little disappointing this year honestly, the amount of JUNK flea market vendors increased by a LARGE margin over last year, and I didn't buy as much as usual.
    It was still worthwhile, I got a VERY nice '26/'27 T grill shell for my T-Tudor project, got a pair of pretty decent King Bees for it from F-Head, and a pair of 15x6 chevy rims for the back.
    DSCF0007[1].jpg
    Also met up with Hankster32 and had a real pleasurable talk, and got the vintage SW electric fuel pump I have been chasing for a couple years for my '39.
    Also met Kiwi Tinbender and Chris face to face for the first time, and took delivery on some stuff from them.
    All in all, I did ok, but it wasn't as good as it has been in the past. The big increase in flea market type vendors is a real big concern. There was a LOT of them this time. If I want Hot Wheels and wall clocks, I'll go to Walmart.

gsnort likes this.
  6. For what it is worth it actually wasn't raining hard at monroe for the time I was there 730-12.

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Shit, that's when we were there. If I'd known you were going to be there then, I would have tried to arrange a meet up. We left pretty early, I had a parcel to pick up at my PO box in Blaine, and they were closing at two, so we took off right after we met Chris and F-Head. There was actually a set of SBC roller tappets I was planning to go back and look at, I forgot, and left without them.

8. samurai mike

samurai mike

i thought i saw you packing that grill.

caseywheels likes this.
  9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

You should have said hi, when I am in swap meet mode, I am so busy scanning stalls, I could walk right past my own mother and not see her, unless she was carrying a part I needed.:D

brad2v and caseywheels like this.
  10. Yah i saw yuh(i was with Samurai Mike) with that grill too...i was the one dragging the redwagon full of aluminium pans/aircleaner tops ;)....that and a 5gal bucket full of free screwdrivers :)

falcongeorge likes this.
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That grill was my big score of the day. A '26/'27 grill shell was the third thing on my written list I was carrying, I really needed one. I got pretty cranked up when I saw it laying there! There was a '23/'25 shell on top of it, but I went straight for that sucker like a hungry dog on a pork chop!:D

12. samurai mike

samurai mike

next time you come down to get your mail stop by if you have some time.

micamountain likes this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Are you pretty close to Blaine?

14. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It wasn't too bad really. I was wearing a nylon windbreaker with a hood, I only had the hood up for about 10 minutes. It was blowing pretty good just before we turned off the I-5, but once we got down to the fairgrounds, it wasn't too bad.

15. samurai mike

samurai mike

i'm closer to everson

16. I was there form 9am to 2 pm. Bought nothing.The only part I was looking for,I found one but it was damaged. Yes,there sure was a lot of Flea Market stuff.

17. uncle buck

uncle buck

I went back for a few hours this morning and did no better. A couple of different booths I tried to talk to the vendor and they were more interested in bullshitting and didn't pay any attention to me. I put the stuff down and walked away. Another annoying thing I noticed along with the flea market crap was how many things I looked at that the seller took the time to label what the parts were but were too proud to price them. Again.... I just walked away. Damn I'm getting bitchy in my old age

18. It was an ugly day, but I sold quite a bit of Chevy truck stuff. Trying to decide if I'm going back tomorrow. Ill have to just watch the weather. Living here in Monroe makes it pretty easy for me.

Met a few HAMB guys today too, thanks for stopping in!

19. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Walked it, bought a `32 license plate for a customer, thought I`d run into George later after the T parts delivery but didn`t. We were out of there just after midday. Lean pickings. I only saw a few pieces of early Ford sheetmetal, and some early Speed Equipment that was a bit on the high side. It was smaller than I have seen, maybe due to the dire weather forecast. Really wasn`t bad, though. Talked to RocketSpeed about Shop Help, made a lap of the lean and awful car corral and left.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

WHAT??!! You mean to say you didn't buy the green Tracker with the small block???!!:eek::D

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  21. I was there from about 10 until 2:30 yesterday, the rain picked up again after noon. Think the weather probably affected turn-out of vendors and buyers this year. I found a couple of small things I had on my list, but none of the big stuff. Just thankful I got out of there without buying anything I didn't need... like the Maytag engine I was looking at. This was the first Monroe swap meet I've been able to attend in 8 or 9 years and I too was surprised by the increase in "flea market" stalls.

22. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

There were a LOT of empty spaces. We left at 11. Still kicking myself for forgetting to go back for those roller tappets...:mad:

23. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I didn't go this year...had to work. But my parent went and said the RV campground had a ton of empty spots. I think the terrible Canadian dollar exchange rate has something to do with it being slower. $1.36 is pretty bad

24. 31Apickup

31Apickup

We were there on Saturday from about 8 till 1:30, Bought a couple minor items. Pair of Dodge front mounts, may work better than modifying a pair of F-1 ones. There were some empty spaces, most likely due to the expected weather. Luckily the weather held out. Did meet CG and talked with him for a short while. 20161008_135906.jpg custom cars.jpg

gsnort and chryslerfan55 like this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I deposited 5K car money into a US $ account just for swap meets a couple years back when it was high, although that account is getting down there now. Think I have under 2k left in it.

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I did buy a small stack of fifties Hot rods as well, its getting hard to find ones I don't already have. Those Dodge shock mounts are cool.

27. samurai mike

samurai mike

one week to go! let the count down begin. who's in? may 20 and 21 2017.

warbird1 and caseywheels like this.
  28. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Never been before. For those who have been there let's hear your thoughts about whether it's a good one to attend. 5 hour drive for me to get there so would want it to be worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. I call SHOTGUN !... I'm in !... With my Official swapmeet wagon in tow.

30. samurai mike

samurai mike

yes, it's a pretty darn good one !