Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage On site Pics from Hershey at full speed; show us what's there; or what you found so far?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by F&J, Oct 5, 2016.

1. F&J

F&J

Many people around the world either have never been there, or have not been in years...

Can you spend a few seconds to share views of some of the swap meet rows, and some things you have seen or bought?

Fantastic forecast, so we know you all are really busy...but... :)

bobg1951chevy likes this.
  2. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

bump

F&J likes this.
  3. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

F&J likes this.
  4. Flatblack 31

Flatblack 31

Ha!

Sent by homing pigeon

5. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

Things are pretty well done for today, but here's a shot from my bedroom for the night. Crowd seemed a little light today, but I did sell a few things. I'll try to remember to snap some pictures tomorrow

Attached Files:

Dino64 and F&J like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

7. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

Ok, I decided to jump on my bike and snap a couple more pictures for you guys.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and F&J like this.
  8. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

A couple more...sorry for the lousy quality, its hard to take pictures while riding a bike!

Attached Files:

timmy2times, kidcampbell71 and F&J like this.
  9. F&J

F&J

Thanks so much for the pics... and this one: The black sedan on right, is a 32/33 Nash eight... I have a 32-six...cool pic, thanks!
    fffffffffffffffffff.jpg

Ron Funkhouser and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. Dave_D

Dave_D
    from NY

Last few for tonite. I'm not sure why they're sideways... must be my stupid smart phone.

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser, kidcampbell71 and F&J like this.
  11. Pete

Pete

Really.... Come on.....need more pics

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  12. lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. titus

titus

ill help quench your thirst for pics, these are my spoils from hershey
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

14. Pete

Pete

Goddam TITUS!!!! I'm so damn jealous.

lothiandon1940 and biggeorge like this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - Thanks for pics

16. 5window

5window

Too tired to download pics, but it was a great day. A few observations:
    1.Well attended with few empty spots-there were vendors at the back of the Orange field in spots I don't remember being occupied before
    2. There were also more cars in the car corral and many fewer priced under $20 than I remember (your experience may differ.)
    3. There were fewer Chinese tool vendors than usual-I think vendors were influenced by the total washout that was Fall Carlisle just down the road last weekend.
    4. There were significant numbers of political signs, but all from one side. (I'd just as soon leave politics out of Hershey, just like the HAMB)
    5. I heard numerous foreign languages- lots of Spanish. I saw very few folks I would group as Asian and no African-Americans. That is different from recent trends.
    6. It didn't rain -also different from recent trends!
    7. There were some very cool engines-Fronty Fords, Rileys, a 110 cu in Offy and a new set of Ardun heads-not likely the first originals- but a deal at $30,000.00.
    8.. The Jag XKE is growing on me, even if it's OT
    9. I don't care if it suits AACA, 80's American cars just don't fit my idea of antique or classic cars.
    10. Parking is up to $15 but it's still free admission to the best damn car meet in the world.

mad mikey and F&J like this.
  17. if you go to the Pate swap meet site - go for the year 2015 - they sent a drone over us.....think I'm at the 2 minutes and 15 seconds.....silly plug there....

18. Seriously good stuff. Well done.

19. swifty

swifty

I'm with Pete Titus and am extremely jealous of your haul of goodies. Thanks for all the pics D_Dave although my neck is still kinked and thanks to 5window for your observations. All makes me wish I was there but I'm positive that Titus must have some type of part finding radar to get all those goodies.

20. titus

titus

sorry guys, no radar here just lots of fast walking and lazer eye sight! and to the fact i sold a car a week ago so i actuslly had some folding money and my ocd so i dont walk away from much!

Last year was my first hershey the trip, it was a great time, i akso vowed id be back and i made it happen! gonna try again next year!

stillrunners likes this.
  21. Decent pair of 32 tudor rear fenders, nice original but bad chromed 32 bumpers, a nice model B fuel pump (for 90, nice price). Passed up a complete winfield sr for $375 only because I was low on funds and already have an S

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

F&J likes this.
  22. I just got home. So much cool stuff to see. Here are a few photos of things, I found interesting. 025.jpg 001.jpg 010.jpg

23. Pete

Pete

Those trains are so rad!

F&J and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  24. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

@Moriarity do you see the chromed out snow blower and tiller? They would go nice with your mower.......Lol

25. Slopok

Slopok

First thing I thought of to when I saw those.

26. thanks for posting guys.....cool there wasn't any rain !

27. Thee snow blower was an ingenious advertisement piece for a plating and coatings company.

28. DSmoke

DSmoke

I'm headed there soon, thankful for a nice day after Fall Carlisle was basically rained out. I will try to get some pics for y'all.

Ron Funkhouser and F&J like this.
  29. Gabby

Gabby

Had one guy looking at our stuff but did not buy anything. Gene Winfield, how cool is that ?