Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods As the season starts to wind down what's next?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 27, 2016.

1. HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. As the "season " winds down , my build season is starting up..
    After my business slows at Thanksgiving , this little A coupe project takes over the shop...
    x 048.jpg

3. your next thread ?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. Come down-under & do it all again..

mad mikey, HOTRODPRIMER and DeLuxe 32 like this.
  5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm slowly getting the shop and the new homestead organized. Projections are something I don't like to make but I'm hoping to get the deuce at least running before spring.

HOTRODPRIMER and stillrunners like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

All caught up. Have spent that last few winters working on the coupe and pickup.
    With nothing to do, don't tell my wife, I am getting the bug to start a new project. :)
    I'd like to find an early 60's Nova or Falcon for something different.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. wicarnut

wicarnut

Take a short break, polish up my winter drivers and get back at it, still fine tuning our 51 Buick, getting close now, have some plans for some appearance changes on my 51 Merc and finish up the A/C, then work some on my vintage midget project I'm slowly trying to finish. So....... I never run out of things to do, need to finish hobby cars up early, when spring comes, I'm going to change our porch/screen room into a 3 season room and on top of all that, going to go to Az. this winter for a month or so. (My first Snowbird vacation). When you factor in my "Nothing Happens Fast" these days, (any project I do, takes 2 to 5 X longer) I'll be busy, enjoying my retirement so far and hoping my health stays good, been Lucky all my life and "Living the Dream"

8. I know you are well along with the chassis.have you found a body yet? HRP

9. Gman0046

Gman0046

We have a week long rod run in Panama City Beach, FL the first week in November called Cruisin the Emerald Coast. Its like Cruisin the Coast in Mississippi but not quite as large. Entertainment, beach cruising, great sea food at some of the best beaches in the USA. If anyone is interested on going and would like a heads up on where to stay send me a PM. The weather in November is fantastic. Come on down.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. IMG_1475245005.814672.jpg

I might buy this '31. I've always wanted to build a coupe, in a couple weeks the stars may align for it, maybe not.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Have a good and safe trip.Gary.Bruce.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Gman0046

Gman0046

Bruce, We're in Panama City Beach right now. Weather couldn't be better. Come on down.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

I saw that on c-list. Two different prices. You go look at it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Not yet. They dropped the price a ton. Looks interesting right? I should get paid for a decent job next week, so I want to have a wad of cash in my pocket when I go check it out, see what's going on there.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

No haven't had time to really look. Most of the shop stuff and the chassis are still in storage probably till the middle of the month.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Here in the Sunny Southland we are fortunate that we don't have too much ice & snow unlike our Nothern brothers that have to store their cars in bad weather. HRP

17. Exactly, the past few years we've had so much snow, that as your shoveling the snowbanks on the sidewalks get so tall you have nowhere to put any more snow! If it's really a cold winter, the ice ruts in the road don't melt for weeks at a time.

IMG_1475337261.076645.jpg

IMG_1475337307.393018.jpg

The heater in my old cad works really well so I brave it most days

DeLuxe 32 likes this.
  18. Gary, I wish. $$$$$$ Bruce.

19. 009 (5).JPG
    Danny, we are pretty luck here in east T.N. too. If it snows a couple of inches everyone goes nuts running to the store for eggs and milk??? I just wait for it to melt in a day or two and start driving again. Being originally from N.J. I KNOW SNOW.LOL. .P.S. once in a blue moon we may get 6 inches. Bruce.

20. Bruce, you're from Jersey? I'm gonna have to change the voice in my head as I read your posts. I look at peoples' profiles, and when I read their posts I have an imaginary "reader" with the appropriate age and accent read it in my head. You were Roy Acuff, and just became Chris Cristie in my head.

If anyone else does this imaginary narrator thing, please have me sound like one of these guys

Thank you

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  21. adam401

adam401

I called about that one last week but the price in the ad was a misprint thus putting it out of my price range. I hope you get it!

22. That makes it out of mine too. Oh well. Maybe I'll go look at it anyway to get the details.

adam401 likes this.
  23. 001 (8).JPG
    Clunker I moved out of N.J. as soon as I could and when I couldn't take Florida we have been living here in east T.N. the last 20 years.I really try to blend in but when I get upset that N.J. accent comes out .DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. lol.Bruce.

enloe, mad mikey and clunker like this.
  24. Here in my area we usually see more freezing rain and ice,then the mad dash for milk and bread.HRP

25. racemad55

racemad55

Starting on the mullins trailer I brought home Fri. something to tow with the Deuce 4-door.

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

When a storm is approaching get the bread and milk but don't forget the toilet paper.

Gary

27. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

I have some Gremlins in my head light wiring but I will Inspectors 2016 009.JPG l get them resolved by the Halloween Cruise....

Rex_A_Lott, enloe and clunker like this.
  28. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

Help Max on his Hot Rod. And for me it's time to get the '59 back on the road for next year's season. Been 5 yrs already! Going to fit it with a new bumper/grille treatment and put in the new engine and trans. Along with new weatherstripping front and back and maybe new roof paint.

29. Danny, I never could figure out why the mad dash for milk and bread. Are they going to make muffins or something??LOL. Bruce.

mad mikey likes this.
  30. Milk and bread? I go and get more BEER!