Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Official 2016 Meltdown Drags Thread - What are you doing to get ready?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Brian - of course we have room for you. Rock Falls is a very cool track and they recently just replaced the entire track...it is smoother than Scott's 6k launch at the Meltdown!

Tickety Boo and saltflats like this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

3. great im in. does the track still narrow down to one lane in the shut off area. last time I was there you had to get nose to tail real quick. it can get very interesting with a chute out. they also had some strange noise rules on sunday. what time do the gates open on Saturday?

loudbang likes this.
  4. 62Furious

62Furious

Still waiting for my trans

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Bob you should have sent it to me.

6. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

That was one of the improvements.
    the rock.jpg

7. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Brian - the gates open at 8 am Saturday and I believe that racing will start at 9 am. Text me and let me know if you can make it. The entries keep rolling in...should make for a great event.

loudbang likes this.
  8. I will. the cars should really fly with the cooler air. cant wait.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Saxxon

Saxxon

All I want is one good pass and I would consider the weekend a success. That means keeping it off the bumper, no broken parts and no intake gasket failure. Since I don't have my comp license (yet) I may keep it to 1/8 mile shots and see if the new wheelie bars will keep the front end down. No sense pissing off the track officials if I don't have to.

The Canadian invasion is sitting at 4 families, 3 trucks and trailers and 3 race cars. The Scout, The Prefect and an 86 Mustang (ugh !!) with the possibility of a second Mustang (Ugh x 2). What I'm really looking forward to is actually sitting with the MDA guys for more than 5 minutes.

10. are you bringing any of that good Canadian beer? I will bring a local treat to share. Danish kringle. its amazing stuff. its shipped all over the world from my home town. don brought a few to the melt down it was well received.

loudbang likes this.
  11. Saxxon

Saxxon

I believe I will have some with us.
    I also recall I promised some to you at Meltdown and didn't actually bring any over...

loudbang likes this.
  12. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Racer X... u have to bring ALOT of that Kringle... you and Don have is some at the Meltdown and it was the best I ever had

Also, for those who like a beer after racing our friends from Leinenkugel's donated some beer for our event to enjoy with the BBQ!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

13. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

speedy.jpg The 2nd Mouse gets the Cheese, ( that's always me) ;)
    I will bring some.

loudbang likes this.
  14. stupesnova

stupesnova
    from wisconsin

Sadly Lil II Sassy will not make it to the fall out! She spun 3 rod bearings and on main bearing on sunday at the meltdowns! We have her tore apart and waiting to go to the body shop for her new look! We are also going to be making some improvements! She will be back and ready to race for the Meltdowns NEXT year! Maybe I can get a ride in some cars at the Fall Out to help ease the pain!

Gammz likes this.
  15. 62Furious

62Furious

Stupes I feel your pain, I got my trans back am putting it in, but I lack the funds to get my junk across to the other side of the state.

loudbang likes this.
  16. loudbang

loudbang

17. Looking foreword to this.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

That was a miss print at the end of the paragraph it meant to say... " Eric for fun let Jeff win for once."

loudbang likes this.
  19. Lots of hambers here. Its been a great day of racing. Perfect weather here. A few oil downs but thats racing. A much improved track since i was here last.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  20. Partzman56

Partzman56

Great turn out today at the Rock. Thanks to all who made the trip to our neck of the woods. Ready to see it all again tomorrow!

loudbang likes this.
  21. 1965L79SS

1965L79SS

What a great day at the track! You guys put on one hell of a show! Like Partzman said I can't wait till tomorrow.

cavman, 57 300 and loudbang like this.
  22. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

Hats off to the guys running the Meltdown Fallout. In my 30 plus years of attending Rock Falls on and off, I've never seen so many cars, people or lines at the concession stand. Great work guys!

30dodgeboy and loudbang like this.
  23. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Thanks to everyone who participated at the first ever Fall Out! For a small idea and not much energy put behind it we had over 100 race cars on Saturday and put on a great show for the fans. Every person I spoke with shared Mikeszcz feedback that they have never seen so many people at the track.

Another cool part is that we tapped into a bunch of people who haven't been to the Meltdown before and are now planning to bring their cars.

The weather could not have been better, nor the people. We even treated all of the racers to a dinner on Saturday night to say thank you.

Without a doubt there will be a 2017 Fall Out...don't miss that one!

24. millelacsrick

millelacsrick

How about a 2017 Spring In?

25. Saxxon

Saxxon

The Fall Fall-out was a blast. Count us in for next year.

I said the weekend would be a success if I got one good pass... well... I got one good (ish) pass. 10.05 / 133. Then spent the rest of the weekend fixing intake gaskets - twice - and no second pass. Thank you to AJ, Tom, Norb, Bryan, James and my brother Paul for helping me out. And thanks to the dozen or so others who came by and offered their assistance.

Here is my favorite story from the weekend: The tech official teching in the Scout asked me if I knew about the Hemi Scout in the 73 Hot Rod magazine. He was seriously tickled to find out this was the same vehicle... he unofficially awarded me the "Most Unique" award and the "Long Distance" award. For the first MDA call up we used the Prefect as a tow vehicle for the Scout. The same tech guy wandered over laughing and added the "Coolest tow vehicle" award to his unofficial list.

This was a great weekend folks. 100+ Meltdown cars, a new venue for initiating the uneducated to the world of vintage racing. And a super cool mix of unique race cars in general. Thank you to the MDA crew for a simple but very effective gathering, great food and the free beer. Thank you Rock Falls for a great little facility and a great weekend.

26. cavman

cavman

I started racing at that track in 1969. I stopped going when there were more new cars in the pits than people in the stands. You guys brought a bunch of us old timers back. Absolutely fabulous show. Great people. More spectators than I have seen in 40 years there.
    Please bring it back....I promise you there will be even more interest.

Cavman.....

27. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Caveman-

Thanks for adding that... we had a blast and will be back... make sure you let the track know that you want the MDA back!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. 1965L79SS

1965L79SS

My daughter took over 1,300 photos of the Meltdown guys. I try to get them together and share them... if I can figure out how to.

29. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Sounds like from a racers view point this might be a better time than the Meltdown itself.

Okiedoker, millelacsrick and loudbang like this.
  30. 1965L79SS

1965L79SS

I have to say that the best thing that happened this last weekend was having my father with me at the track again. It's been a long time since we sat in the stands and watched some good old drag racing. I could see the memories coming back to him when he was watching the guys run. He is the one that got me interested in racing and building cars. For that reason I THANK YOU! I'm looking forward to next year and who knows maybe see ya at Byron's......... and maybe next time your at the Rock we may have a car to come and play with ya.