Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Hows your project going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Mar 27, 2016.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^thats a big day!

2. Slow....I keep spending my hot rod time working my buddy's roadster so I don't have the new rear end in my car yet. And my other buddy hasn't finished put together my new motor yet. So ya...slow.

3. Had a real setback a few weeks back while trying to get the Fe and re square to one another - frame was not right. Got some help from jacksandeuces and it is in his frame jig now getting all squared away. A real "fast forward" let me tell you as the problems could not be fixed on my frame table set up at home. Thank you, Jack!

4. Yeppers. I like the roadster real well. Wiring is actually no biggy if you keep things simple. ;)

@seadog what are those rocker covers? I like those real well. I guess I am just a rocker cover whore. :oops:

hey Danny (and anyone else for that matter)I have spent the last month helping a kid put a 235 in a '49 Chevy. Would have been faster if I wasn't teaching and the kid had all the parts. Lots of stuff had to be made or modified. The kid is getting a lesson. Anyway my shoulder is holding up real well, it gets tired still but its hangin in there.

As for the original intent of the thread I am working on my A today. Going to try to get what's left of the original windshield frame out. :eek:

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  5. IMG_0798.JPG [QUOTE="porknbeaner, post: 11713779, member@seadog what are those rocker covers? I like those real well. I guess I am just a rocker cover whore. :oops:[/QUOTE]
    Rocker covers are from Holman Moody...

6. Rocker covers are from Holman Moody...[/QUOTE]
    Thanks those are just sweet.;)

7. Just been driving the car, over 2 months now & working out little issues... latest was a not-so-accurate gas gauge and I ran out of gas on Sunday!

8. I've been there a few times over the years,nothing like a brisk walk.:D HRP

9. I was close to home, called a buddy and he ran over with his mower can, actually drove over. If I called home and actually got someone on the phone, I'd be there for an hour. Now I know where empty is.

10. LOL I got a dumb gauge on my bike. I say dumb because this summer I ran out of gas, too dumb too open the cap and look I guess.

11. The stock cars we ran, no gas gauge. We just checked with a screwdriver or paint stick. And the av gas seems to evaporate faster than pump gas, anyway I ran out of gas on the track one night due to too many cautions. Got pushed to the pits, someone threw in a splash... I ran out again in a few laps under caution. It must have drove the scorers nuts, I somehow managed a top 10 finish.

12. i ran out of gas one time in an old pickup i had, on the highway. it was down hill and i was able to coast to the next exit, up and down the ramp, the light at the bottom of the hill turned green and i pulled right up to an empty pump at the gas station on the opposite corner. one week later i am cruising with my girlfriend and ran out in the exact spot. i told her "no problem" and repeated the move coasting up to the pump..........she thought i was magic.;):)

bobss396 likes this.
  13. I was stuck in the driveway of Ace Hardware... funny I was there a few hours ago buying something for the car. I had to crank the car in 1st gear to get the ass of the car out of the street. But a lot of nice people stopped and asked if I needed help, which was good of them.

14. Koz

Koz

283 rebuilt and ready to fire up soon. These are not the right valve covers. My correct 1957 ones are at the polish shop. Unfortunately my polish guy tore a thumb off on a piece of side trim and is running slow, (no kidding!). The engine is a legit 1957 283 with all the right internal goodies. Can't wait to hear it fire up. I sourced the two piece adapter that puts the '39 box up to this from Robert J. Palmer on here. Great guy to do biz with. This is the one that uses the Powerglide adapter ring. Soon goes in my roadster. The motor looks like it is made of glass! Actually a bit more bronze than gold as the pics don't show quite correctly.
    [​IMG]

15. RMONTY

RMONTY

Ordered cam for my engine 3 weeks ago, was told it was a week out, called earlier this week and was told the blanks were due next week at the grinders. I have a budget set for each payday and could have bought other parts to help progress but feel like I was fed a line of crap for the sake of a sale by the vendor....seems to be a common pattern I am getting used to....I guess it's the pains of working with things that are 50+ years old...it's not like you can go to O'reillys and get this stuff off the shelf! :)

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Progress on the Roadster and Steelback is on hold, bought a '39 Ford cab at Hershey and it is getting my attention now. DSCF5216.JPG

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Not for s#/t on all three.
    Glad I could start on them before fixed income set in.
    20161029_092344.jpg 20161029_091855.jpg 20161029_092024.jpg

18. Saxxon

Saxxon

4 years of a viscous self imposed cycle - sort out the combination - get it running right - then change it 5 minutes later - and then start again sorting it out. This expensive and frustrating loop has been extremely beneficial for adding to the learning curve and experience but I think I'm putting an end to it this summer. I'm happy with the look and setup and it made a bunch of magazine coverage. I can see some decent runs in the near future. So I'm taking the winter to pay bills and re-build the project fund...

13718585_10206812802505922_8694133057537671499_n.jpg

Then I bought another project ...

$_27 (1).JPG

Max Gearhead likes this.