Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hamb Member Emeritus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 16, 2016.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Very NICE THREAD indeed! THANKS HRP for the post! Even though I am a "FNG" I have read some posts and threads from a lot of the FINE Men and Women of the HAMB that are no longer with us. It is an OUTSTANDING idea to remember those who have come before us to make the HAMB what it is! The video tribute for
    "Courtney "Tito" Halowell, a.k.a. OGNC" that is posted is just GREAT! Maybe some HAMBER'S more talented than I could make a photo tribute to all that have fallen. After all it's their contribution's that have made the HAMB the HAMB and us who we are. Joe

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good thread reminding us of those who's posts we miss but still make us smile when we remember them.

3. I remember a few years back Tommy was really having some serious health issues. It seems I also remembered he bounced back and was doing a lot better. Sorry to hear that things are so tough for him. Best wishes to Tommy! E

4. Scott

Scott

I always enjoyed Tommy's posts and straight forward way of answering questions

seadog, lothiandon1940 and OG lil E like this.
  5. Thanks for the update; albeit a sad one.

Truth!

6. A couple that come to mind that haven't been mentioned:eek:ne who has passed on and the other(hopefully)still with us. Trying to remember his HAMB name(something to do with track roadsters)from Silverton Oregon.His last name was Sanders.
    The other one I haven't seen a post from in a LONG time: GERM! I always loved trying to decipher his stream of consciousness posts.
    I too have lost way too many friends that were not active members here;one of the benefits(?)of achieving "Coot Hood"

HOTRODPRIMER and Just Gary like this.
  7. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well Emeritus, Memorial, or even Hall of Honour, what about the fellow, his name escapes me for the moment, that wrote all those cool stories about hod rodders on the California coast, working the oil fields and growing up?

8. AndersF

AndersF

Sad to hear about "Ragtop"
    I really liked and followed his T-coupe build here.
    I hope its him in this picture.
    [​IMG]

Lil32, biggeorge, oldsjoe and 2 others like this.
  9. That was C9, Jay Carnine. as mentioned we lost him a few years back as well.

HOTRODPRIMER and need louvers ? like this.
  10. youngster
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  11. The great thing is that those posts are still there and we can access them at any time. The words of these fallen HAMB brethren live on.

I know every once in a while I go back and read Jay Carnine's (C9) stories again, just for the joy of it.

12. NortonG

I bought my modified T project from him half finished. He had the frame mostly done and most of the big parts together.

13. Truth be told, NortonG got me into this. I didn't know much about traditional stuff before I answered his ad.
    He taught me a little and steered me here.

14. 117harv

117harv

15. Anyone know what happened to that second fiberglass car he started?

HOTRODPRIMER and Jeff Norwell like this.
  16. Tonight I am drinking a cold one and thinking of all these HAMBers that have passed. I knew quite a few of them, such a great community I am proud to have been a part of for over 16 years

raven, cactus1, oldsjoe and 4 others like this.
  17. Cheers from a newbie

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

His dad is trying to finish it.

19. I hear you ,I knew Deuce Roadster for over 40 years and I met several of the other gentlemen but wish I would have met them all. HRP

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob Goldsmith... flatheadjunk

Cyclone Kevin and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  21. Don Palfreyman - OFOF (Old Farts in Old Fords)

Mick

beatnik and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. Who was Bob Klessigs pal with a grey primer 40 Ford and a nailhead.? Met him at Bonneville in 03, I think he passed around 05? Nailhead Larry?

Corn Fed and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  23. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Flatdog

Overall great guy and wealth of flathead knowledge. Gone but not forgotten

[​IMG]

rat bastad, Andy, beatnik and 2 others like this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sent Tommy a pm a while back asking how he was, kinda figured something had happened...:(

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Scott

Scott

Since we are searching for "missing members", how about Brianangus, he was a heavy contributor but hasnt posted since 2014

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  26. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

Was Norm Grabowski on the HAMB ? I met him at the HAMB Drags

Attached Files:

lo c dan and koolkemp like this.
  27. Add JohnnyFast and Bob the Ferret. RIP.

Paul likes this.
  28. Germ is alive and doing well it appears. He's on IG as @THE_WORST_DUDE_EVER

Steve Ray and falcongeorge like this.