Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hamb Member Emeritus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I always thought that Hemmingway penned that in For Whom the Bell Tolls. Literary HAMB!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

It this some casual nomination process or is it an actual recognition towards the HAMB? Some of the names that have been mentioned I recognized but I am by far not the newest member. However, if this is supposed to be official I would think that Ryan and the under bosses, moderators, would be the ones to actually determined who made the list. This thread seems more like a memorial thread. No offence intended to anyone.

3. Well, for one you gotta die to make the list and get the title.

4. Anthony Castaneda

(his last name may be misspelled and I apologize for that.)

Sent from my SM-G900T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Jeff Norwell, highboy, Baumi and 3 others like this.
  5. What ever this thread is, I think it's a great idea. I have not lost any HAMB friends yet, but I have lost many dear friends in the hot rod/racing business over the last 10 years. These men helped me and Dad, willingly, achieve what ever success we achieved in our endevors in the automotive world. I miss every one of them, and a place like this to salute them all together would be wonderful. Good on you for the idea Danny.

billyt, Hamtown Al, Gotgas and 5 others like this.
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'm trying to remember his screen name, I believe '49 Suburban out of Tucson, AZ. Jon Kenedy was his real name, and he and I went back and forth quite bit. We lost him to a brain tumor in '13... Great guy, I miss him.

7. Courtney "Tito" Halowell, a.k.a. OGNC. Been gone five years already.
    One of those HAMB guys I never met in person, but he helped me out here a lot. I think of him often.
    Right after he passed, one of his friends made a video and posted it. Very moving. He is missed..........E

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

We have truly been blessed, all of us, to have known those mentioned in this thread, whether in "real life" or only through the HAMB. All, in one way or another, made our lives better.

9. 117harv

117harv

10. It was an honor for me to be able to be a part of taking Joplins donation to Ruth Ziolkowski @ Crazy Horse Mountain after his death. He helped folks on the Pine Ridge Reservations and wanted the tribute to Crazy Horse and the Sioux people to benefit after his death.

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

12. Thank you Dean. HRP

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, a walk down the H.A.M.B. memory lane - good to take the time to stop and reflect on the past and those that have gone before us - easy to get too busy doing stuff and not remebering who was just standing next to you - Thanks for this thread, and those that have shared with us

Lil32, Big mike 1968, Katuna and 3 others like this.
  14. Wonder if anyone knows the status of tommy; sorta noticed he hadn't been posting, checked his profile, and saw that he has not been on here for over a year.

oj, HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not just a good thread...a very important thread.
    How nice to have a thread that will help us all to be aware of, remember and memorialize our HAMB brothers and sisters who've gone ahead of us.
    Thank you Danny, for helping (along with so many others) to give this place such heart...such soul...such class. I'm proud of the HAMB.
    Remember Dusty? (a.k.a. Dirtroad) He lived in Ontario, Canada. Dusty posted a thread about a hemi-powered '31 Model A coupe that he was considering purchasing. But the HAMB consensus was that the car was priced way too high. It was suggested by many here that Dusty could probably have a Deuce for what they were asking for the 5W. Consequently, he and his very good friend, Newt, went on a road trip in search of Dusty's dream car. And they found it...a '32 roadster. Dusty was excited. We were all excited for him. Unfortunately, Dusty hadn't even taken delivery when Newt informed us that Dusty had suddenly become seriously ill...and we lost him mid-thread to a stroke. Heart-breaking.
    The thread was titled "Help. I need all opinions before I jump". Here is a link to that thread.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452353
    God bless us all.

16. primed34

primed34

48 poncho aka Steve Webb passed away unexpectedly in August 2015 the day before we were to leave on annual trip to the Frog Follies.

OG lil E and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Very nice idea! Thanks!

OG lil E and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

biggeorge, 117harv and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember John Copeland. He was one of the first guys on the HAMB to reach out to me through a PM. He was a good man. We lost him in the spring of 2012.

biggeorge and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. ..........Tommy is currently living in an assisted living facility on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Sadly, all of his cars, trucks, projects and vast collection of memorabilia have been liquidated.:(

21. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

22. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

I bought a F100 from Courtney a few years back, nice guy. Couldn't believe it when I heard it, he was still too young.

biggeorge, HOTRODPRIMER and OG lil E like this.
  23. Never2low

Never2low

Just peeked at his profile, too, and it's kinda sad that he has 2 quotes for his sig.
    1 from 3WL, and 1 from fab32...:(

24. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Nice tribute thread. Thanks, HRP.

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Sonny DePalma..... What a talent.

11268973_1608955786013418_6242545659734021795_n-L.jpg 545368_507407615936742_1238132372_n-X2.jpg 1000996_631981306812705_1799866971_n-L.jpg Screen Shot 2016-09-17 at 9.16.43 AM.png

Lil32, biggeorge, beebing and 9 others like this.
  26. jim snow

jim snow

It's good to see Ricky posting again. Snowman

27. kiwijeff and lothiandon1940 like this.