Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects rebuilding after the crash

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Sep 19, 2015.

1. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

Brian ! How much do you plan on TIPPING THE CAN ???

Nitro is either WRIGHT OR ITS WRONG
    If any other HAMB's interested in Can Tipping (NITRO) how it work & to tune ,,go to
    http://classicfunnycarboard.com

els and loudbang like this.
  2. Live stream day 5:

els, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  3. Good luck today on your pass Brian. Yesterday I could almost smell the nitro! Congrats on a great showing, and making history at this event.:D:D

els, racer-x and loudbang like this.
  4. Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. It has been along year. We have accomplished so much. Im very proud of my team. As mentioned before the majority of the talent that made all of this possible is local. Its a big relief to get it back on the track. Doing the burnout yesterday it felt like i was back in the 65. We plan on making a hit today. I want to leave at a higher rpm. Plans for the car in the near future are being looked at. The iron invasion is one of them for the simple reason i believe in their cause. The good guys show in bowling green looks good so does rock falls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, wingnutz, Stogy and 9 others like this.
  5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope to see you in Woodstock at the Iron Invasion.

els likes this.
  6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Will it be on the streets of BG or just on the track?

els likes this.
  7. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Brian.Outstanding first pass.Please keep the updates coming.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

els likes this.
  8. Cara Marie

Cara Marie

The baddest of the bad! I sustained a raw nitro coupe burnout high for hours! You all need to see it in person. The screen robs more than half the experience. I impatiently await the next time I can see it.

[​IMG]
    My son, Arlo, feeling tough behind the wheel.

[​IMG]

Memorable life moments! Thanks Brian for slowing down to involve Arlo in gapping spark plugs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els, catdad49, sonic03bluegt and 12 others like this.
  9. PRICELESS ! WAY TO GO BRIAN!!!:D

10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Brian, That thing is incredible, I saw you start it at the Meltdown Drags on nitro, super impressive. My daughter will be running her mustang on Sunday Oct.2 at Rockfalls. I assume you are planning on being there on the 1st. Good luck on the car and be safe.
    Tony

11. Enloe it will be set up for the street. No nitro. Due to the round robin way they run the shootout i cant stop at my pit spot for more fuel.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    els, mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  12. Will you be doing any testing at Union Grove ?

els and bobwop like this.
  13. Yes i need to get my licence updated. There will be a all out effort to get it ready for bowling green. We will now concentrate on the efi gas side.

14. els, Stogy, kidcampbell71 and 4 others like this.
  15. Wait a minute.....I haven't gotten my November issue yet.
    Is that an advance copy?
    They need to update their feature.

els likes this.
  16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

two words come to mind here...HOLEEEEY SHIT!

17. I just picked the latest hot rod deluxe. On news stands now. The orange car comes back for one more showing. These pics were taken just days before the crash. The car was running perfect at that time. I really liked the way it looked then. Its kind of tough to read the story. That really sucked. Its funny how the story came out on the week i got it back on the road.

els, RICH B, mad mikey and 5 others like this.
  18. The car looked and sounded great on the live feed. Why did they put a limit on your ET, I thought it was odd when they announced that ?

19. The competition license that i had expired. The head tech guy looked like a south american general with all the pins and badges on his chest. This guy was very nice and all but a real nhra tech guy. He kicked up the decission to let me run up to the track manager. The manager said due to this track being owned by nhra there was no wiggle room. He said i can allow you to run but no faster than 9.90. I wasnt planning on any full passes anyway. If the car was completed sooner we would have had time to get updated. I will get it taken care of before bowling green.

els, swade41, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  20. anyone able to get the video from day five on this site?

els likes this.
  21. This?

Posted with an IBM Selectric

22. i was looking for just a clip of the pass i made that day.

els likes this.
  23. els and loudbang like this.
  24. I watch these videos over and over. I watch them real time and pausing them every frame. The rear shocks look like they need adjusting. they need to be tightened a few clicks. Watching frame by frame the rear tires hop off the track at the hit. The chassis then kicks out a little bit. I didnt see it the first few times i watched it. nothing crazy that can't be adjusted for a better 60 foot.

els, BurntOutOldMechanic and loudbang like this.
  25. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

If you haven't found it yet, starts here. Awesome car, great re-build!
    2:03:00

els likes this.
  26. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

So with your first impressions in the seat on the track, how much different does the chassis feel? Anything that needs redesign? Do you have enough room in there with all of the new bars to be comfortable going down the road? I know you guys obsessed about all of the details in the design, just hoping it was perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. there are a few little things. with a helmet on peripheral vision is always limited. i would like the mag switch moved forward about six inches on the x bar so i cn see it. i need to insulate the area were the wires attach to the switch. warming up the engine i got zapped when i went to turn the car off. with gloves on it won't get me. we wrapped electrical tape around it for a quick fix. it won't be left like that for long. we have a few inches were the steering column can be shortened for more room. with the fire suit on its tight on the left side with my leg. i will also move the seat back a few inches and raise the seat a little bit. this will also make exiting the car easier if there is a fire. everything else feels good. these details are not a real big deal its just that it could be better. we needed a starting point and now we know what will work out best. a mirror needs to go on the right side door. with all of the bars and a high back racing seat my vision can be reduced at certain angles.

els, wicarnut, bobwop and 4 others like this.
  28. squirrel

squirrel

my video. by phone.

els, Stogy, wicarnut and 5 others like this.
  29. thanks jim. hows the drive home going?

30. squirrel

squirrel

stopped for the night, made it into Missouri. A couple more days.

els, Dog_Patch, mad mikey and 2 others like this.