Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone know this car ??? Perhaps from MI ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beezer, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

low budget,
    I agree with you.
    I too would like to see more of the 70s style stuff return.
    For many of us, that was the time we were introduced or reintroduced to hotrodding
    Long before all the high tech stuff, the flood of glass cars, and the ultra expensive car builders.
    For me, I think some of those old 70's style hot rods are still some of the best that this sport has ever turned out.
    Beezer

Phillips and C. John Stutzer like this.
  2. rfraze

rfraze

Beezer, There was a similar coupe that spent some years in Colorado. The pink wheels triggered some memory. It might have been at the Gasser Championships in Denver. Memories run together, but I will take a look at some of the videos that showed the "other makes" street rod parking. Frazier

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think I may have taken a photo or two of that car at Tulsa in 1973. I haven't found the box those photos are in but need to hunt for them again. I don't remember rain in 1973 though. I do remember standing in the line for the "barbecue" dinner on Saturday night with Tex Smith and some of his buds and getting to listen to his stories for an hour while we worked our way down the side of that

4. sawzall

sawzall

[​IMG]

that yellow panel in the background. is bound to come out of the barn its in some day..

5. I don't know anything of the coupe, but am enjoying the early pictures. The first time I was at the fairgrounds was for the winter swap meets early 80's, LOTS of stuff. Then 82 first time for Nats North. I have a bunch of pics from that visit.

6. Is that Ken Fenical's panel? Met him when he drove it out to Massachusetts for a show. As an aside;I have a VHS tape around here somewhere that was made from some 8mm stuff a friend of mine took at the Nationals in Detroit.He flew out and bought a car(34 Plymouth 2 door sedan for $1200!)and drove it back to Massachusetts. I'll see if I can find it and see if the 34 is on it.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. sawzall

sawzall

yep..

8. 42merc

42merc

I believe that is Kens' panel.
    I do know that Ron Francis was there with his '37 station wagon.
    The big deal was talking with Bud Bryan & Tom Medley who drove out in Buds' 29 AV8.
    Somewhere in a shoe box buried in a closet are a bunch of photos taken with an Instamatic camera of this event.
    One more thing to do before I rest.

Beezer, I may have some under construction shots of the '34--"MAY HAVE ".
    One more thing, the chop on the '34 was 3 1/2", measured against a stock '34 coupe

Don

9. Beezer

Beezer
    from Michigan

Here's a few more pic's from the '72 Nats in Detroit.
    What a GREAT time that was!
    Enjoy ...... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. Not to upset the big tire gasser fans, but THAT'S the way I would like a Willys coupe.

Steve

11. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

Based on my Pennsylvania exposure, I thought the two seasons were deer and trout.

Potter County - God's country.

sawzall likes this.
  12. On the correct car like a 69 GTO Judge or maybe a Gasser? Something like that! Just : PLEASE no 80's or 90's style stuff, until I'm dead and gone!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

530Sandman, you really don't want to check these links.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/46-48-ford-picture-thread.798516/page-23#post-11699166
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...d-official-maybe.787861/page-19#post-11699172
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-for-the-40-ford.962971/page-86#post-11699185