Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Grilled to perfection ~ No, not a T-bone!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 2, 2016.

1. I used the Art & Inspiration title mainly because the use of grills from other makes and models is not just a common practice with the custom builders but a lot of hot rodders have also taken the styling cues and ran with them.

I have always been enamored with the look of the mid 50'd Chevy grills used on the 52-54 Fords,it actually merges the two worlds together .

Fell free to post the styles that appeal to you. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  2. I always liked the '54 DeSoto in almost anything. 03222016.jpg

kiwijeff and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

4. Pete

Pete

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

WTF do you mean by this, is it just a general statement or this particular subject.
    We owe a large amount of gratitude to HRP for keeping us in subject matter with his creative thread postings.
    Now on the other hand, I would agree if all we ever saw were cars from the 50's and 60's with drawer knob grilles.:eek:

7. Andrew Mccann

Andrew Mccann
    from Bristol UK

snopeks garage and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. ...............Maybe you guys could elaborate. If you're going to make generalized statements, you could at least explain why you feel this way. I'm always open to constructive thoughts and criticism and I'm sure Danny is as well.

9. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

I mean that 90% of what get posted now has nuthin to do with building hot rods. Too much filler. I'd rather see what people are building then just awful threads about nuthin just for the sake of posting to get your count up.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tomkelly88 and scrap metal 48 like this.
  10. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

I'm In ??????

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. ..............I feel your pain but, nobody is stopping anyone from posting their build threads. I think everything is cyclical in that it seems at times there are a lot of builds going on and at other times not so many.

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  12. Pete

Pete

Do a search or better yet just look thru the first few pages.... Nonsense... Band width eating threads,,,,,is there some type of contest to see who can create the most threads..... I dunno, I miss the real talented back yard build threads with meat.

tomkelly88, Max Gearhead, X38 and 3 others like this.
  13. I agree there is some stuff posted that seems irrelevant to traditional hot rodding, but I'm confused about a couple things:
    1. The HAMB is dying. Really??
    2. Posting just to get his count up. With 36,000+ posts, he's worried about getting his count up? What prize is he striving for?

14. BJR

BJR

I hate it when people post nothing just to get their count up!

15. ...................I miss them as well but, they just need to post 'em up. I thoroughly enjoy the talent and craftsmanship that they display. Trust me, when really great build threads are posted, they generally rise to the top.

HOTRODPRIMER and HRK-hotrods like this.
  16. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

While I don't have a problem with stuff like this thread being posted as they generally blossom into a cool thread with some pics of some killer rides, I do agree with Pete in the fact that I love reading build threads. That's what keeps me motivated to get something going on mine and I'm sure others with stalled projects do the same.

17. As this thread is about Grilles, please spell it as Grille not Grill or it will be for putting a T Bone Steak on.
    And thanks Danny (HRP) for al your threads ETC as it gives us new material to read and ad too. If we all did a search and found its bean covered in the past there would be very little content on these pages to enjoy and be part of. JW

18. ............As long as we're on a spelling rant, if I find new material that's "bean covered" you might find me eating it and not reading it.:D;):rolleyes:

cretin, SR100, pat59 and 2 others like this.
  19. Danny,,I;ll take my T-bone med-rare,if you dont mind

20. silent rick

silent rick

what music do you guys listen to in the garage?

21. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Why bother to watch Soap Operas on T.V. when I got the H.A.M.B. The popcorn company loves me:p:rolleyes:

22. .......Where's the "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon??:D;)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I like ''all'' the different venues of our individual car builds....and I appreciate the time of others who put a little humor and fun into my limited time spent on the HAMB. I spend enough time complaining and arguing & mumbling to myself in my own garage at any given time, that I simply want to enjoy what others are thinking and doing, at their own discretion and choices. HRP adds some great formats and thoughts, and often make me laugh, and question my own outlooks in a possible new decision, or at least ''the thought'' of it...if I can't laugh at a few things now and then, about myself, or others who do something 'different', and an odd grille or two in that consideration....then why would I even build a car in the first place, only to have it look like everyone else's? ... I say, keep on with the ''fillers'' in between the car builds....they make me 'think' and enjoy a smile or two until I head out to my own garage and anticipate another bruised knuckle!;)

24. Maybe if you and your buddy Pete would both join the Alliance and help support the site instead of criticizing it will survive!

Well excuse the hell outta me,since you two guys are so quick to point out my irrelevant and useless threads I suppose I need to check with you before I post anything in the future!

If the Hamb is dying it might have something to do with a few members holier than thou attitudes and finding fault with others for participating,I'm not new to hot rods,I was building them before you two guys were were born. HRP

themoose, enloe, kiwijeff and 10 others like this.
  25. If the HAMB is dying, it's because we've let it.

I'm saving lunch money to buy parts to add to my build thread.
    Meanwhile, here are the hot rod grilles I've been working on in my own amateurish way:

2" holes in aluminum:
    gril 04.JPG

Office building ceiling ventilation duct screen:
    axlegrillmockup.jpg

Chucky, Surfcityrocker, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

As long as I've been reading posts on here, most of which I can 'tolerate'...I always look at and read Danny's, because his have been the most consistent with my way of thinking.
    Dean Lowe. Rich Fox. Falcon George. Beaner. HRP. DDDenny.
    I can say with some 'authority' that these guys are the REAL 'cool cats'. "And there's more..." (in my best John 'Duke' Wayne impersonation)
    Do read them in depth.

27. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Im right there with you. there is more people also. Kiwi Kev also comes to mind.

28. Yep, that's what I used.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  29. Let's get this thread back on track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car below has a basically stock grille with the center bullet removed.HRP

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  30. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Mike
    Considering me being a newbie with such a small post count, you've put me into a pretty "uppity group".
    On another note; with a HAMB membership roster nearing a quarter of a million people now, we would have to get in line just to get on here if everybody posted nothing but build threads. I know some think a lot of threads are just a waste of bandwidth, but I've found a fair amount of useful content hidden within the "filler".
    Maybe I just have too much time on my hands.
    I think I'll head down to the hardware store, I hear they got a new shipment of drawer knobs.:rolleyes: