Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest H.A.M.B. Shift Knob Auction for Jakes Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

A friend of mine recently got hurt, while cleaning up after Country jam USA in Eau Claire WI. He was taking down some temporary lights in a parking lot, when the lights hit a power wire. He got shocked and thrown from the lights. While lying there a fire started and he couldn't move. He was using his personal 1974 Chevy truck, that he and his boys restored themselves over a 2 year period, and been driving it for the last 8 years. His truck then started on fire and burnt to the ground, and is a total loss.
    Now I know that his truck was the wrong year for this site, but here is the part that fits this site. He was looking for another truck to do with his boys, this time he was looking for a 50's or early 60's Chevy to do. That wont happen now that he has to come up with another vehicle for a daily driver, and I am letting him use my daughters Jeep for now. So he lost his pride and joy, and cant afford to build another one. I have a link that tells about the story and would let people donate to this project if they would like to. I am willing to do the work, just need money to do it. He has 4 boys and no money to correct this. He is a guy that would and has given the shirt off of his back for anyone. He has helped many people and is a great guy, and I'm going to help him the best I can.
    This happened on 7-24-16, if you would like to help with this please go to the link.

https://www.gofundme.com/jakescrisp...modal_r&rcid=88f92f7854e911e6a553bc764e063e01

Auction will end AUGUST 31st 2016 at midnight. When payment is made I will ship the knob.

Thanks Tony Mc
    View attachment 3298999

2. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

3. I'm going to start the bidding right here $50.

4. 125. bid Pat

5. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

This needs a Sticky @Ryan

6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Thanks, for the bids everyone.
    Tony

DBruce likes this.
  7. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Well I like HAMB stuff and it never hurts to help others in a bind. $150

8. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I thank you for supporting the building of Jakes truck. I would like to keep the knob also, so does anyone have a problem if I bid also?
    Tony

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have a problem with it, but you'll have to go beyond my bid of:

$225

11. Raising money for Jake is the motive so I guess I don't care who bids. Highest bid wins right?

12. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in for $250.

13. CJ 56 hemi

CJ 56 hemi
    from NJ

14. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

WOW!!! Thanks for the bids guys. As we all know every penny counts.
    Thanks Tony

15. mike bowling

mike bowling

I'm not on Facebook ( and don't want to be), and I don't really need a shift knob, BUT I LOVE old Chevy PU trucks; you got an address to send donations to?? Mike in Mass.

Attached Files:

16. Hendee

Hendee

Hi Tony. Happy to support Jake. I will go $325 for the shift knob.

Tom in Ontario.

wraymen likes this.
  17. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Hello to everyone in the H.A.M.B. world. We have one day left to bid. I'm very impresses how everyone one this site stepped up to help someone they don't even know. For whoever wins this knob please contact me before paying. My wife told me that the go fund me account will take 7.9% of whatever is donated, I guess everyone gets something.
    Good luck to everyone, and Thanks Tony

18. raidmagic

raidmagic

Yeah everyone gets something but 8 percent is out of line. This is the reason I won't donate to Gofundme's I would rather get the info and give directly or through paypal as gift.

jeffd1988 likes this.
  19. mike bowling

mike bowling

Donation from "Roll-A-Bone" Hot Rods in the mail today- good luck to Jake!
    You're a good guy, Tony.
    You should put your mailing address on here for people like me that ain't computer literate, don't have Pay-Pal, and couldn't figure out "Go Fund Me" if my life depended on it!
    I still use envelopes, stamps, and have a rotary phone in the kitchen ( 10 bucks; yard sale) ( AND it's PINK!)

Brian Davis and Scott Mannion like this.
  20. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I have had some people ask me to post my address because they want to donate, but don't do face book, so here it is
    Tony McDonald
    N50873 County Rd D
    Strum WI

Mike Thanks for the donation, I had this on the other post.
    Thanks Tony

21. mike bowling

mike bowling

Great in theory, but just another rip off. One of my kids did a fund raiser to cut a music CD, and went through "Kick Starter" I think. I sure hope they didn't charge that much.
    Good Luck!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Saw this on the way to the drags- credit to the owner ( not ME) great looking truck!

Attached Files:

22. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Winner, winner chicken dinner, Congratulation's to Hendee, you got yourself a new shift knob.
    Thanks to everyone that bid and contributed to Jakes project.
    Thanks Tony

Brian Davis and Scott Mannion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.