Register now to get rid of these ads!

History isky clown info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chickenshift, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Muttley, I had the privilege at last years Gasser 2 event to listen to Ed explain the 5th cycle is when the lobe size increased as they made cams bigger, overlap between intake and exhaust became a by product of it and that became the 5th cycle. It was all a joke that Ed clowned buyer's into thinking he made.

loudbang likes this.
  2. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

To start with ED ISKY isn't getting any younger. He is close to 100 y/o. When he is gone The history goes with him.
    I am very proud to say I know him and he has told me many things that I will never ever forget.
    He is a very personable man and he will give anyone advise and information. Contact him while we still have him you will be thrilled to have met him.

chickenshift likes this.
  3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I have lunch with him every day during the week, He just turned 95 and still sharp on cams and specs

Sheep Dip, Paul and chickenshift like this.
  4. 296ardun

296ardun

All I remember about Dick is that in addition to his drag racing (and Bonneville) he was a Hollywood musician, maybe did work with movie studios...not much to go on, though.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Hollywood musicians are mostly scumbags. I know, I used to be one.

I didn't know you could still talk to Ed Iskendarian. I might call him to see what he recommends for my flathead. That would be cool.

6. chickenshift

chickenshift

Would you be willing to ask if he knows anything about this dragster? Anyone who would have a connection? I could message my cell and work number. I have almost all to build this, except Potvin setup. Even built wood bucks for body, and can shape sheet aluminum and metal well. I just need those little details and I've stalled at every turn. Gave up for a bit, fire lit under my ass again after I found new pictures. Thanks. Randy

7. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I will ask him first, the big deal on your build will be the Potvin setup for that engine, would not even think of starting the build until I had one. What details do you need??

8. Dean IS a historical & noted individual with vast experience in the hot rod world,he was doing it before many of us had a drivers license.

Don't be too hasty to infer others may not know a little more about history than you. HRP

9. chickenshift

chickenshift

Chassis details. Any pictures of similar chassis or Ed Pinks, which I'm hoping to chat with tomorrow. I won't do this until it's absolutely correct. I've got a few good old timers that know where my heart is on this. Don't care that it's not "famous" or set records. It's effing beautiful and it's Olds powered! Thanks