Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Station wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I knew that:rolleyes:

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

My little :rolleyes: was meant towards the new movie, not your comment:D sorry.

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

But anyway back to the wags, Ive had a few, A pontiac astre (vega),also a vega, a pinto delivery with the little side port holes, v6 with duals and black with wide turbine wheels,a 70s canary yellow merc with wood grain sides, a plymouth volare wag jacked up with cragars etc.:D but more recently and on topic Ive had a couple projects that I never drove, a 55 chevy 4 door wag and a 66 (basicly same as 65) chevy wagon with the wood grain, 9 passenger and a big block car.
    So, Yeah, I like wagons.:)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  4. I have always liked wagons but never owned one until recently. I did have some great times in my Aunt's wagon on family vacations though. As far as being cool, I thought they were but then again I'm a little bent and rarely cared what other people thought.

Speedys Garage likes this.
  5. Bought my first wagon in 1968;a 1960 Chevrolet sedan delivery for $150.Fixed it up;totaled it;bought another.The frame broke on the second one it was rusted so badly.Only paid $25 for that one.
    Used to buy Pinto wagons to use as winter cars(Massachusetts people understand that)and to haul my painting equipment around.Had two Pinto Cruisin' Vans and a Mercury Bobcat I converted into one and put a 302 in.
    At one time or another I have owned a 74 Ford full-size wagon(the Family Truckster);a 1978 Fairmont Country Squire;A 1978 Chrysler Town & Country(worst car I ever owned;think Lean Burn engine)and a 1964 Mini Cooper estate.My current wagons are a 1955 and 1957 Pontiac Safari wagons. 1960ChevroletSedanDeliveryBrownSide.jpg 1960ChevroletSedanDeliveryWhiteRear.jpg View attachment 3307568 View attachment 3307570 View attachment 3307571 View attachment 3307572 View attachment 3307573 50313 020.jpg 50313 021.jpg SnoFari1.JPG 57Safari.jpg

41 GMC K-18, Deuces, kiwijeff and 7 others like this.
  6. COOL THREAD!

Deuces likes this.
  7. love a 60 Chevy Sedan Delivery, why well because I own one ! lol 59-60 SD are great ! DSC02152.JPG anyone remember this car from the Long Beach, Ca area ?

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

@falcongeorge and me sure would like to see more of that Nova wagon.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Lately I have been wondering if I should let that one go. Theres so many cars ahead of it in line, I am wondering if it will ever get finished. Funny thing is, it probably is the one that needs the least. I guess all its costing me is garage space, maybe I will get motivated on it all of a sudden and finish it off. Wouldnt take much the only tough spot is doing a Chevy II 100 interior restoration.

Deuces likes this.
  10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Ahotrod, if your worried about it being O/T how about you pm DDDenny and I some pics? Its almost a twin to mine, maybe it will get me motivated to finally finish that poor old car off. Hell, I have only owned since 1992!!:oops:

EDIT: DDDenny, he has a few pics in his album. Irony is, I have one of his recent photos stored in my album of ChevyII wagon pics on my computer at home!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Deuces likes this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

:cool:

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I dont see how it could be any more OT than a few that somehow have survived thus far here George.

13. HEY how do you surf in the snow??LOL.Bruce.

14. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

That Chevy II wagon is a 1962; probably the rarest year, especially for a wagon. It was also BEFORE the Nova name got attached to the Chevy II in 63. The grille is a one year only item. I love wagons, and bought my younger sister a 62 wagon for $125.00; perfect body with faded paint, the interior needed work, but the floors were shot. I had plans to make it into a drag car at some point, but she wrecked it before that happened. It had the 194 six and 3 speed, but had plenty of power, despite what some guys think about the 194. I even flat towed my 56 Chevrolet Bracket Car to the painters and back with it (I also used it to transport a fiberglass front end for the 56; had it "draped" over the back). My Father bought a 210 Townsman wagon for my older sister and I; beautiful car in Aztec Bronze and white. Older sister wrecked that car. Gotta keep the sisters out of wagons! I've owned a few wagons myself, and several Sedan Deliveries (close enough to wagons). WAGONS HO!!! I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Zerk and Speedys Garage like this.
  15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I wish I was at home right now, while I was waiting for the ferry to go over to Deuce Days, there was a '68 Buick Sport Wagon in line, like a Buick Vista Cruiser. I wish I could post a photo, it was cool.

16. jlckmj

jlckmj

I grew up getting hauled around in wagons, and I have owned about 20 of them in my 45 years of driving.

Wagons are an AMERICAN ICON!
    (definition: a person or thing regarded as a symbol of a belief, nation, community, or cultural movement)

Jim

AHotRod likes this.
  17. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

doors from a 1971-74 4 door B body Dodge or Plymouth will work on it, Is the frame bent? 1971-74 B body wagons are a good looking car to me, in 1971 they made 3 Coronet wagons with 4 speeds.

18. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I've wanted a Tri-5 Nomad all my life and still get jealous whenever I'm near one. The rest, yeah..

19. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Paint looks good from here,A more classic style and more beefy wheel and tire combo wood look good on it Bruce, maybe torq thrust or similar or deep dish slots or even some salt flats.???

20. Low budget, I am going to have to buff it out some it was way too humidt when I shot her and all in good time with the tires .Being on disability sucks and so does the pay. After 45 years of working you think the government would get a damn about it.I sure do miss that over time pay. Thanks Bruce.

21. metalman

metalman

Probably shouldn't be discussing an ot car on here but front doors fit, back doors are different on 4 door sedans.
    Too much structure damage to make it worth fixing, roof's buckled, rear 1/4 is toast, the A pillar twisted. Haven't checked the frame but it hit hard enough to tear the motor loose and send it thru the radiator. Guess I should be glad I walked away and I didn't have anyone riding shotgun! I do have another one, a 71 Crestwood with a big block and 3rd seat, been sitting since 84. Gotta get it up and going, won't be the same but a good replacement.

22. 0ldracer

0ldracer

50 Years ago I had this one.
    1957Nomad.jpg

Deuces, kiwijeff, MO_JUNK and 8 others like this.
  23. 0ldracer

0ldracer

Now I have this one. With a long dry spell in between.
    DHNomadBG2.jpg

Deuces, kiwijeff, MO_JUNK and 11 others like this.
  24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I watched your rebuild of Mrs.HRP's '54. Haven't seen it in a long time but see she is taking good care of it. My Dad drove a '53 Ranch Wagon with O.D. until the '60s. Wish I had it.......or Mrs.HRP's.

25. Bruce..........Give us a little back story on the State Police Cruiser. Looks very clean.
    How did you come across that one?

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am, but when I was young, I thought the camaro guys were dorks. Started with seeing Tritak & Morgans "War Wagon" in the east coast mags, then Bob Nicholsons SS/LA record holder locally, Rob Walsh's ASS KICKING SS/M '66 Chevy II (ermine white with a blue interior just like mine;)) and then there was the legendary "Wagonmaster" in my hometown. He was a local street racer that had this 355 with 292 turbos on it, a built glide and a 12 bolt, and those mid seventies stamped steel five spokes that came on Z-28's. He would switch the drivetrain from one '66/'67 chevelle wagon to another, seemed like he had it in a different body every month. I think he was a bit of a boozer and would crack them up pretty regular but DAMN were they FAST. Any time you were out street racing and a chevelle wagon with Z-28 wheels showed up, you were on your toes right away, you never knew if it was him with another bodyshell. This was '76/'77, definately before wagons were cool, but I thought that was cool as hell.

27. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I just went through and deleted all the off topic posts and pics from this thread. the cut off year here is 1965!!! and no large diameter billet wheels allowed

Deuces and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  28. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

We like the '56 Chevrolet wagons[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Deuces, kiwijeff, MO_JUNK and 8 others like this.
  29. upspirate

upspirate

I do , I do!! 4 doors also

Quit walking on my lawn

30. Bruce , haven't posted a photo of our 56, as it has been on other threads. 307.jpg 299.jpg But seeing all the cool 56s that Bill just posted I have to add ours too. We do drive it a lot. Great thread.