Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Station wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Aug 23, 2016.

1. I went to a car show this weekend.The Olds wagon isn't quite done yet so I took the state trooper car. I snapped a few wagon pictures .I cant belive the prices they are asking for them the way they sit. I guess I am getting old. LOL. Bruce. 001.JPG

2. A nice looking ford wagon. 005.JPG

3. This was really nice looking. 003.JPG

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I like the chevy II best of the wags shown, After thinking about it, Your car reminds me of, Tennessee's Buford Pusser, and the cars in "Walking Tall".

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  5. Wait till next month in Pigeon Forge,I'll bet there will be a lot of expensive wagons for sale.HRP

Deuces and Bruce Fischer like this.
  6. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

[​IMG]

7. slowmotion

slowmotion

Man that Chevy II reminds me of a friend's dad's circa '64. White wagon, 283 & a factory 4spd!

Deuces likes this.
  8. 1pickup

1pickup

Bruce, you need that red Dodge (880?) to park beside your squad car. Kind of completes the set.

Deuces likes this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

who's old enough to remember when wagons were not cool? :)

Deuces, ffr1222k, brEad and 10 others like this.
  10. LowBro

LowBro

11. When I drive my '65 Rambler wagon I occasionally get asked:
    "Is that your Dad's car from high school?"

I try to impart on people how completely lame it would have been for my dad to drive a Rambler 6 cylinder-automatic wagon to school in the mid-1960's. It's a miracle that it's somewhat cool now.

12. squirrel

squirrel

Yup. But Edsels are cool now, too. Strange times we live in.

13. The 880 is a pretty rare piece, would make a great set.

Deuces, Bruce Fischer and Hnstray like this.
  14. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

I was an only child (with all of the spoils that went with it). My Dad always had a hardtop or convertible. So I think wagons are cool. My wife was child 10 out of 11. All they ever had was a wagon. And she was always in the very back rear-facing seat. So she hates them.

Deuces, brEad and Bruce Fischer like this.
  15. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm a fan of wagons. my old man had wagons all of my life

Deuces and Bruce Fischer like this.

16. When I was a kid my dad drove a couple of sedan delivery's and later he had station wagons,at that time they were not considered cool,they were designed for family wagon she and in my teens my dad's wagon seemed a little cooler,especially for hauling all the guitars,amps,drums & PA system for our band.

Today I like them a lot,they were part of my life growing up and like ladyhrp she grew up with wagons and we still have the '54 her grandmother bought new and she learned how to drive in that very car.

There is no doubt in my mind that wagons will continue to gain in popularity and some are still fairly reasonable. HRP

[​IMG]

17. squirrel

squirrel

I love my old Suburban. The registration says it's a station wagon, even though it's really a truck.

But in high school, the family wagon was the last thing you wanted to be seen in.

18. When I was a kid the neighbors had a green 56 Pontiac wagon with the sweetest sounding pipes ever. When I got a chance to swap my ragged old delivery for this 55, I jumped on it.
    55wagon2.jpg

19. I had a slew of wagons over the years. Nobody wanted them, but it was like having a small truck with a covered bed. I carried scrap steel, engines and transmissions at times. Best was my '65 Belair, swapped in a 275 HP 327 into it with a M21 4-speed, new lowered springs and it rode very well. Fat radials on Vette wheels.

20. Yeah Jim,I remember those days. HRP

Deuces likes this.
  21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

My older brother taught me how to drive starting out with his 64 Chevy truck 292/granny 4 speed, then after that punishment he let me drive his 66 Belair wagon 327/275/pg.
    Before I got my first car, he often loaned me my choice of the two to go to tech school, and I picked the wagon everytime. That thing could really surprise you how it would go.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and bobss396 like this.
  22. Your right,they would go like Jack the Bear but,getting those old barges to slow down was a lesson in futility!,the brakes sucked. HRP

chryslerfan55 and Deuces like this.
  23. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I got my driver's license in the summer of '68 in my parents' '65 Ford wagon. The only one I've owned since then is this '57 Handyman. The body was kind of rough but it ran good with a 327 and 4 speed so I didn't care....

1-57 Handyman 066.jpg

24. slowmotion.My dad had a blue one with the 6 cylinder and 3 on the tree. He even sprang for the A.M. radio. LOL. Bruce.

chryslerfan55, Deuces and slowmotion like this.
  25. 1pickup, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it.May be I could start the show Emergency again.LOL. Bruce.

26. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

If you were in a Prius you would probably be dead so it could have been a lot worse....

27. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

My mom had a 59' Impala Station wagon when we were kids...we'd always ride in the back seat facing the rear window....put our feet up on the glass, and make funny faces at cars behind us.---------- a vivid memory, in ''that'' car, was when a bunch of us kids (9-10 years old) found some matches in a big old hay barn, in an old wooden desk under a pile of hay. We found the matches, and struck one while flying thru' the air from the upper level, screaming and flapping arms, and ....short story, the barn was soon no more! While the barn was on it's last stand, we drove off while all 5 of us stared with wide eyes in that rear seat, facing backwards in the rear seat, and watching the firetrucks heading towards the smoldering remnants. My mom turned and asked us if we had anything to do with the fire quizzically....we mumbled, and stared out that station wagon rear window driving away horrified.--------------3 of us fessed up the next day, and had to do odd jobs on his farm for a year, and grounded for a decade (seemed like)!!! Those old station wagons, sure have some memories in those fold-up seats sometimes.....just lucky nobody was hurt, and the barn was set for removal anyways, but still....DON'T PLAY WITH MATCHES KIDS!!! Chevy-Impala-Wagon-interior.jpg

28. Model T1

Model T1

Our 55 Chevy 1.jpg
    Still got the '55 Chevy wagon I bought in late 80's. The only other wagons I had was a 1972 Gran Torino and a VW squareback. I'd rather not talk about the VW.:eek:

29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

That is Buford T Justice, not Buford Pusser, I liked the original Walking Tall movies but not the most recent one:rolleyes:

chryslerfan55 likes this.