Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage When the Boss Chose a Hot Rod...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

When the Boss Chose a Hot Rod...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

low budget, Tim, clunker and 6 others like this.
  2. That is so cool. When is the next Cars installment coming out? My son has worn out several DVD's of the first one.

3. Got to love that look on his face! It doesn't even look like John. :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. catdad49

catdad49

Cool, but then you already know that. Looks like John needs a Hot Rod!

5. @Jive-Bomber Jay -

I remember reading that 2004 WIRED article ... and always wondering whose '29 Roadster was used for the photo shoot.

A couple years later, I "solved the mystery" when I stumbled upon this video clip on YouTube:

Anyway ... Thanks for sharing the "backstory" on the photo shoot.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I really do feel like long term it will have a similar effect that American Graffiti had.

A culture pretty over and done with cars at least in the main stream injected with a hot rod ladden dream. The age demographic is different but we are now even closer to those kids getting their license.

It's like you just let an entire generation of kids sit in your hot rod at a show.

Or maybe it's just a movie.

;) I'll watch it again tonight to check

mctim64, Gabe Fernando and Tman like this.
  7. I still remember you doing a bunch of "CARS"- renderings for HAMBers on here. I should try and find that link again.

8. Cool I have watched both movies with my son to the point of pretty much being able to recite them by heart.

I read they are planning a third one for mid next year. Not sure how accurate those types of statements are but it sounded like it was being worked on.

9. catdad49

catdad49

Jay, thanks for the video. I didn't realize you were such a celebrity. What other cars do you have?

10. AmishMike

AmishMike

GREAT - FFFF#$ING FANTASTIC. Love the Pixar car show video. Great to get more "non car" people involved in our hobby. Shows everyone can get involved & have some fun with their cars - they really are a major part of everyone's life.

11. flamingokid

flamingokid

Mr Lasseter looks like he's enjoying himself :)

Gabe Fernando likes this.
  12. brady1929

brady1929

Sweet roadster

13. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh at first I thought you meant this boss.
    bruce-springsteen-corvette-ncc-680uw.jpg

55olds88, pat59 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  14. NoSurf

NoSurf

you all did a great job on that movie. a bunch of us hambers went and saw it opening nite at the starlite drivein theater in Wichita.

Sent from my SM-G930T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Jive-Bomber , When Cars first came out I never gave it a thought to go to the theatre and watch it. I only thought of it as some kids cartoon. Then an adult at my church that knew my work and life has been mostly about hot rods , told me that I should go see the movie. So I and my wife went and I was blown away by how it described the life of car guys growing up and the things that matters most to us. I have said it before that you are an inspiration with your automotive back ground , positive and humble attitude and the way you share all of this with the rest of us. You have done well with your life and as such have accomplished much ! I passed this thread up several times assuming it meant someone else as the boss as has been stated already by another guy above, just like I passed up the movie at first. Sometimes its hard to believe what our assumptions in life can make us miss. I will not pass up another of your posts ever again. We are so fortunate to have you on this forum. THANKS !

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    mctim64 likes this.
  16. joe clotfelter

joe clotfelter

get your off the car

17. One of the best movies ever.
    However I can't be leave how many people don't realize it's a car guy movie.

18. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

How is having a job, that is not a 'job'
    A dream of many a hot rodder,,,
    Great work!
    If you need an El Mirage dirty hot rod for next years show, let me know!

mctim64 likes this.