Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage So what the HELL is wrong with the HAMB?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We use a company called Tapatalk to run our mobile app. Put shortly and bluntly, they are a worthless bunch of scoundrels and heathens that I stupidly rely on for my mobile presence.

Case in point. The plugin that runs on the forum that allows our app to work in the first place has a bug in it that is creating an issue where users are having issues posting. Essentially, when you post an image, you aren't getting confirmation that the image has been posted even though it has. So, we are getting lots of double posts.

Now, I can fix this by turning off our mobile app. BUT, that will result in hundreds of emails and pissed off mobile users.

So, I'm letting the plugin run and allowing the bug to live for now... hoping that Tapatalk can pull their heads out of their asses and find a fix for this thing. Fingers crossed.

Sorry for the issues guys.

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I think we should pay them a visit, with baseball bats in hand and watch em while they fix it.....

siris, loudbang, Chavezk21 and 5 others like this.
  3. ^^ dang' !! Moriarity is one of 3WLarry's Guido brothers ? Who knew !! Excellent.

OahuEli, loudbang, Mr48chev and 9 others like this.
  4. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Like all past safus, we will get through it I'm sure but it gave me a bit of a rash last ight.
    Thought it was somethig I was doig wrog. Ow if I could just get this keypad to type the letter "n", I'd be happy.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for info - experienced the posting problem - will do future posts by clicking post box, then leave site and come right back to verify that my post happened - posting pics is another mixed bag.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. belair

belair

We drive old cars. We're used to a few bumps in the road.

7. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Not being IT tech savvy (read old), I'm not sure what an app like this does. I read the HAMB on my smart phone, it asks if I want the app, I don't say yes because it seems to work fine without it. I have looked at pictures, posted pictures, started threads...

What's the advantage to the app?

loudbang, kiwijeff and 55Deso like this.
  8. Harms Way

Harms Way

For what it's worth,.... I had trouble with the Mobil app right off the bat, So I never much used it,.... And frankly ever sense the HAMB has upgraded to the new forum (many moons ago) I find it harder to navigate. So I don't post as much. But,.... This is only my humble opinion.

BTW,..... The HAMB is still awesome.

9. someone posted earlier that if you get the blinking bars on the upper right when ya post something or do a "like" to hit refresh and that finishes it. (worked for me)

Stogy likes this.
  10. cretin

cretin

I haven't had any trouble posting, but the ads on the app are pretty annoying.

11. I only use my laptop.My phone is an old(like me) flip open.

Frankie47, ct1932ford and cosmo like this.
  12. I'm using a lap top and when I hit post reply a box opens at the top right hand with bars that strobe (blinking bars) and nothing happens,it has happened many times this past week and if I hit post reply again it will double post,I've learned to ignore it and just go to the top and assume the thread is posted. HRP​

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  13. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Tried TT a while back and couldn't figure it out by I am kind of slow on apps and stuff like that.

14. Caddystew

Caddystew
    from East Texas

Apple app not working at all now
    You have to go to the web to get in

15. It's happening with Tap a Turd on a motorcycle forum I'm on too

16. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess that is why I can't open any posts on the App at the moment? It says the post cannot be found.

I use the App 99% of the time and prefer its layout to the web version

clunker likes this.
  17. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I figure I don't need apps up updates etc as it seems to work ok with out it, though I have been known to be wrong many times before.
    The Ford barn has that dumb orange tap talk bar across the top which looks like some sort of spam/ free advertising ,. Can we please make it go away. In my ignorance I have no idea what it is.

18. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I was trying to use the app on my iphone (Grandson keeps telling me it's my apple device! lol) and all I get on hamb is a bunch of non related advertising. Hoping it clears up soon. Also Thank You Ryan for letting us know! (it's not us old men....?)

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  19. George

George

On my desk top the "new posts to conversations" in the upper right corner have been pretty hit or miss lately, some show, a few that have new comments don't.

20. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I just hit refresh and it goes ahead.

21. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When using my I pad opening landracing.com leads me to Tap. I always "X" it out and go in normally. After reading this I'm glad I do.

22. I quit using the App a while ago. It was to much of a pain in the ass. The regular version works just fine.

H380, Pinstriper40, upspirate and 2 others like this.
  23. Rand Man

Rand Man

I've been using the app almost exclusively for the last few years. Maybe that's why I don't post much.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  24. wutnxt

wutnxt

Happened to me last night. Deleted the double post

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. I'm good! Don't have a clue what you guys are talking about anyway! Abs?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  26. williebill

williebill

This makes my head hurt. While I was reading this, I flashbacked to the old mimeograph machines from school back in the 50s and 60s....
    That blue ink smelled damn good to a little kid who used a LOT of Testors glue back in the day....
    Hey Ryan, how about a monthly newsletter on one of those old machines?
    Use the blue ink only, please. It's good for you.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I am out of the country, and using my kids ipad, at first I thought it was an issue with the wifi here. At one point, I had one of my posts appear 4 times, and it was super slow and balky when I tried to delete them. Stupid technology....:mad:

28. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

So HAMB is ok, Tapatalk is wonky. We'll survive. I prefer the app interface, even if it fails occasionally.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Bam.inc and falcongeorge like this.
  29. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

It's not just the mobile app. I posted a photo (in the past few days)on my home computer and I noticed it was taking forever to go through, but I found out by using my God given "good sense" that the photo did go through even though it was showing as "still downloading".

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016