Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New 57 Ranchero - What should I do with it?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by ThatSteveGuy, Aug 9, 2016.

1. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Put a babe in the passenger seat, pack a cooler and hit the road. It's perfect.

Gabe Fernando and henryj1951 like this.
  2. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

Thanks for the input. I love spider caps. Even if I just replaced the black dust covers on the front rotors with chrome ones, it would look a little better. It sits high in the back. I'm going to add 2 inch lowering blocks to the back before I do anything with the front. It might only need a very slight drop in the front.

3. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

Wow, thanks! I totally love those tail lights. I'm just not sure I want to weld anything on the quarters. If this car was a little rough, I would totally do it. I might add the truck headlight rings though.

4. 504640

'Cause blue is purtier than red! I second Mo's cheater pipe's idea!

5. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

Wow, thank you!! I always thought the taillight trim on 57s were metal, but yeah, it is plastic.....and the chrome rubs off on your fingers. I'll take them off and put em in a safe place.

6. Drop it then drive it! :D and maybe some subtle pinstriping.

Gabe Fernando likes this.
  7. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

Thanks......okay, that makes me feel better. Cheater pipes for sure. Check this out......the previous owner added catalytic convertors(??) just after the front wheel wells. The exhaust is new. I'll just remove those convertors and add cheater pipes in place.

8. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

The previous owner did several weird things to this car......but it all easy stuff to fix. This is the easiest car I've ever owned.

9. 504640

He is probably from the Green Party. He will vote for Jill Stein this coming election. He will thrive in our new, impending Green Economy!

10. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

I think the convertors were installed to compensate for bad tuning. It made incredible fumes and barely ran. He installed an air pump on the brake booster because the engine made no vacuum. A quicky tune up solved all of that. It runs clean now.

clunker, 504640 and Johnboy34 like this.
  11. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Leave it and DRIVE IT....
    its ,... for the lack of a better word *PERFECT*

12. Muffy Bennett

Muffy Bennett
    from Arizona

I agree with Blue One: leave her alone. It's beautiful. If you must make changes, make it "yours." Know that I am envious the way it sits, however...it is well done!

13. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

Customize it man.

Slam it. Throw a wild panel job on it. Get loud pipes. Whatever you want. It's your car.

Where's the fun in having a car that's not what you want it to be?

14. ThatSteveGuy

ThatSteveGuy

Wow, thanks everyone. I'm kinda torn because I was planning on getting a standard, slightly rough one to customize, but ended up with a nice deluxe two-tone Ranchero. I think I will just drive the heck out of it.........then change it up later. I'm taking it to the Ventura Nationals, hope to see you guys there! I'll get some shots of it after some detailing.

Johnboy34 likes this.