Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 Street Rod Nationals - PICS!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-rodster, Aug 8, 2016.

1. It's good to see that there are still some cool-ass cars at an NSRA event. Keep the faith.:)

lothianwilly71, i.rant and 504640 like this.
  2. the-rodster

the-rodster

That's a badass sedan, I would have loved to talked to the owner, but I didn't see anyone around.

3. Either we are both confused or the pic of the car I posted is the same as the one you posted. It belongs to a friend of mine here in town.
    014.JPG

4. the-rodster

the-rodster

That's kinda what I thought, all of those cars in that tent are from the Louisville area.

Rich

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great photos and what a great selection of cars, thanks for sharing.

6. 504640

I apologize for the misrepresentation. As I was writing, I was a little uncomfortable, because I did not recall the Mercury caps. (I really want a set, and would have for sure ask the owner about them) The car from Vermont had a bunch of stickers on the big back window. But it is eerie, the resemblance of the 2. I thought no-way could I have the wrong car: the patina patterns are the same. Thanks for correcting my blunder, Tim. It goes to show that a one of a kind car is easy to duplicate.

7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Great photos, looks like it was fun!

8. rustymetal

rustymetal

thanks for the pictures

9. ...........'Cept maybe this Roadster?:) 014.JPG

Bowtie Coupe and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  10. .................Love those Mercury caps. I have a set of the '47-'48 version on my Roadster. 044-vi.jpg

11. Mine are reproductions from Vintique. I think the ones you like are also available.

lothianwilly71 and i.rant like this.
  12. '42..........I think. merc-cap-46-lg.jpg

504640 likes this.
  13. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Great Pics! Thanks for sharing.

14. 504640

Man those look great on the roadster! I like the 42 versions also. I think when I finally get the big Merc installed in my 40, Mercury caps should be appropriate. I have a little quirk about the hubcap/wheel cover and engine selections. If possible, I think it is cool for the hub cap or wheel cover to hint as to what is powering those wheels to move!

15. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Thanks for the coverage rodster very cool pictures indeed! Joe

16. Henry Bennett

Henry Bennett

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

17. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I always look forward to your pictures, You definitely have an eye for the good stuff ! THANKS !

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

you are the man Rich. Heading back up that way this weekend to the tri 5 nats

19. Ain't no problem....would this be the car you're thinking about? It does have a Vermont tag.
    031.JPG

20. 504640

That be it, Tim! Thanks Now in this pic the car does not show the extreme patina I tried to describe in my post, especially in the contrast of hood and fenders. Actually the Louisville car in the pic looks more like the Vermont car, in the pic, if that makes any sense! The Vermont guy could have benefited with the Merc caps. Both of these cars are outstanding examples of a hot rod icon. Both, in my opinion, are much more interesting than a fresh, slick, duece sedan street rod. By the way what powers the Louisville car? You don't think he has a 32 heavy laying around do you?

21. Glad we got that all sorted out:). With so many great cars in one locale it's easy to have them kinda become a blur after a while. Sensory overload with subsequent and understandable confusion.:D

lothianwilly71 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  22. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Excellent coverage. I like your taste in hot rods and customs, too!

23. Thanks for all of the pics. Great cars you found to share with us that could not be there in person.

24. Thanks for posting Rich,you never disappoint!

Hopefully I can make it back to the nats in the future,who knows ,maybe my old beater might add to the confusion. HRP

AllDeuceRun_053114_1706-L-1.jpg

Ol Deuce and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. Both very desirable cars. The L-vill version will be eternally positioned in the Well's family and runs SBC power. I drove it to the nats one year when His Dad owned it so he could have both cars there (he owns the light gray '34 chopped 5 wndw in the "tent" pics. Tim

belair, 504640 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The Blue Cad/Duece is Mike Mondrella's.

Good show coverage.

Good to see that Starbird is still cranking out a bubble top car every year or two.

27. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

great pictures, thanks for sharing

28. Nice olds in the background...

29. Jim: Are you referring to the car in the link? If so, it appears to be stock '32 wheels, which I believe are 18". Tim