Register now to get rid of these ads!

Family Photo Album

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 1, 2016.

1. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Here is a couple pics of my dads first street rod he had plenty of hot rods growing up his first car was a 42 Willys sedan with a 392 hemi and a 4speed sadly I don't have a pic of it but I do know where the car is and someday I might be able to afford it lol. Anyhow the first pic is of his T roadster pickup in front of vickers Corp in Joplin mo somewhere bout 1975-6 my mom and dad are in the truck and my grandfather in the middle he worked at vickers and arranged this photo my uncle is on the right

The second pic is a closer pic of my mom and dad with me in the middle we were getting ready to go to a car show in the same pickup before it was painted sorry for the damaged pic but it's all I have

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. My daughter and the model A in the 80s 128.jpg

3. Me in a photo shoot for Rod Action magazine 70's.
    ModelA_0002.jpg
    I need to dig that issue out!

4. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dang Danny....how long you had this tudor.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  5. ..............Someone said he was the original owner but, I couldn't believe it.:D;)

6. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

a poster that sits in my office
    top left my father in 1971 Top right my mom behind the wheel with my brother, cousin and myself drinking the can of something....and out sheep dog, about 1972 or so
    2nd row left my old neighbor, myself in white hat and dads high school buddy and his 1970's 32 Ford on our way to a Rochester show in 1975
    2nd row right fresh new paint in 1972 right before Dad took the car to Detroit in 72 for the nats. Still have both dash plaques

3rd row left 2001 on its way for new paint
    3rd row right with my son after working on the hot rod about 2000

Bottom row left 2002 May just back form paint
    Bottom row right with both boys after the new top was added about 2004

1465321657534.jpg

7. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

one of my favorites
    2014 putting the motor back in with both boys IMG_0496.JPG

8. 1929rats

1929rats

Here is a picture of me in 1974 in my Uncles "Fad T". This was taken at my grandmothers. Pretty much infected since birth 027.jpg with the hot rod bug!

Attached Files:

• 027.jpg
      027.jpg
      File size:
      130 KB
      Views:
  9. 1929rats

1929rats

And then there is this one....one of my favorites....I'm six and my brother is three, next to this 33 at New England Dragway in 1979. I'm digging the zip sneakers and little league shirt I'm wearing! Jimmy and I at new england dragway,  1979.jpg

10. Family car was this 37 Chevy 4dr in the 60's. Before that my dad rode motorbikes. That's me closest to wheel on running board with my brothers and sisters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Not necessarily a real old pic with family, but me in 1981 posing with the 350 SBC that was put into the 74 Vega. Built it when I was 18 senior in high school. I drove that Vega 6 years through college (5 years) and when first working out of school. I know the Vega is OT for HAMB, but I still have a soft spot for another V8 Vega.

[​IMG]

12. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Here's a couple photos of my oldest brother Larry and his 56 Chevy. They were taken in about 1960, or so. The third is of my older sister Carol, being a "Trophy Queen" with my brother Bob's 56 Chevy parts car, in about 1970. LOL.

Dad\'s Photos 053.jpg Dad\'s Photos 054.jpg Dad\'s Photos 073.jpg

13. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

image.jpeg 1979 the 3 of us haven't changed a bit ,,,,,well not much anyway,,,,

14. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

That's a great pic ,,I see you survived without the child safety seat and harness,,,

15. The seat belt/ shoulder harness was you mom (or dad's) right arm in those days....

Some time ago, when I was in my thirties, I rode with my mother to a family function.

Even though we were both wearing seat belts at the time, she would throw her arm out across my chest whenever she would brake for a light.

Typed on an IBM Selectric

16. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

This is a great thread. I am liking hearing the family stories that go with the pictures. It made me go through some old family albums and load some photos but when I went to post them I found that Google had changed Picasa and I can not post any of my pictures anywhere. I'll figure something out someday.:(

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  17. Rick S

Rick S

My future Mother-in-Law on the right, way back when. DSCN0503.JPG

18. Flat Six Fix

Flat Six Fix

Sadly my dad in these pics, is still alive, but unfortunately, has dementia, is in a hospital and will be going to a nursing home, 1 year ago he still was working in his garage and yard. But at 84 anything can happen.
    I really think those who stay young and healthy physically and mentally like "Gene Winfield" for example, are extremely blessed, think gene is 89 this year, and still going strong.....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That's me with my dad.....he let me wash his tires with my own pale of soapy water!!!...I was in heaven to be around my dad and his cars! 066.jpg 027.jpg My dad at 17 in 1958....with the car he dated my mother in.....I have the car in my possession now, and am currently putting it back together again .... sure does makes me smile after all these years! The memories come flooding back every single time I step into the garage!

20. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yeah and I'm still living on the edge lol

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. pumpman

pumpman

My Ganpa's gas station where my dad and uncle worked. the house on the right is where I grew up and the station is where I spent all my time up to the day I went into the service. My Ganpa sold it to Phil who had it until he closed it because of health issues. grnpa\'s gas station.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  22. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I have to give a bit of credit to my maternal-grandmother....she always had unique cars, and absolutely loved to drive them with a smile! (Her favorite car was the Nash Metropolitan!!!) She rebuilt the go-cart engine herself in the garden shed!... and let me ride it every time I visited her as much as I wanted....she was fun, and didn't mind fiddling on her cars with a pair of 'altered' coveralls she made on her 1920's Singer 'flip-top' table sewing machine....she added a lot of 'fun' concept to my fledgling car passion in the early 60's....just a whole lot of simple smiles:D 001.jpg 2016-03-28 15.19.30.jpg 2016-03-28 14.48.43.jpg

23. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

Christmas last year, youngest grandson and I getting a tree for the house. No snow but 20 degrees out.

Cliff Ramsdell

117 (2).JPG

24. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

My grandfather and his shoebox Grampa-shoebox-Ford.JPG

25. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

My wife on a Buick diane-buick1.JPG

ct1932ford, Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  26. here's my grandma - my dad's mom - my great aunt Kay's daughter - my dad and my great aunt Kay who lived to be 95.... dad and mamo.jpg

ct1932ford, Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  27. Squablow

Squablow

^^ Looks like the wheels on that sedan above got swapped out for some newer 15" wheels and dog dish caps, any idea when that pic was taken Stillrunners?

28. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Yeah, The spare was probably too fat to fit the fender mount unless it was during the war when spares were rare.

Squablow likes this.
  29. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

This is my uncle Dick Nowell driving the Tommy Lee speedster on Dec 6 1941 , but because of Pearl Harbor the Sunday meet was cancelled and they missed their chance to break the record of 141 mph Tommy Lee car with Dick Nowell driver.jpg

30. Squablow

Squablow

Wow D.N.D., that car is stunningly well built, with a ton of work to make it pretty in a time when many racers were comparatively crude looking. Any more history on it?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.