Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Raise Them up Right...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Raise Them up Right...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. oldcargary

oldcargary
    from devore, Ca

Bonneville is a great experience for both young and old...Speed week starts Aug 13

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. It's been a while since I've been there. I still remember it though, it was so flipping bright I wouldn't open my eyes for the pic. Up until then I had no idea that sort of thing (Speedweek) existed. Later on my mom let me choose on postcard at the store. I chose one with Craig Breedlove and the Spirit of America on it. I'm pretty sure I've still got it around somewhere.

Attached Files:

4. FastLivin

FastLivin

Amen Brother!

5. Todd553

Todd553

Couldn't agree more. My kids first trip Bonneville 5 years ago. "Helped" crew my roadster. IMG.jpg IMG_1296.JPG

6. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

7. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

This grandaughter loves old cars.

8. I'm taking the kids and grandkids on an coast to coast road trip next year. We will be doing Speed week, the Petersen, old Rt. 66 , etc.[ My #1 bucket list! ]of things to do. I think I have posted this photo on yard art, or somewhere before. But if you haven't seen it. It's my grandson at his garage. Yah I'm trying to do my part to raise them up right. 014.jpg 20160113_140803_001.jpg lol Ron...

9. Ebbspeed

Ebbspeed

That garage is great!

10. Good times for sure! I have no kids of my own but I love to let the young ones sit in my truck and see their eyes light up. :)

Jive-Bomber and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  11. mike bowling

mike bowling

That picture reminds me of family first of all, but also of how simple life used to be- two kids could occupy themselves without hand held "devices" and being constantly deluged with outside stimulation. My grandson (13) came to spend a couple of days, was here 10 minutes, and announced he was "bored". I live on the edge of conservation land ( hundreds of acres), on a dead end street, and my cellar is FULL of my kids old toys, bikes, fishing rods, scooters- it looks like "Toys R US"!
    BORED??
    They want to be entertained constantly, and it's a shame- no imagination.
    Oh for the Good Old Days! tree forts, catching frogs, ........................

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Gabe Fernando and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

P1010078.JPG Here's a funny pic of my two boys having a blast in a 40 Tudor a few years back. The one in the back seat has been bitten hard by the greasy motor bug. The other is just ok with it but probably won't be turning a lot of wrenches later in life.

13. I knew that pic looked familiar ...

Bonneville Kids (by William Hewitt 1957).JPG
    click thumbnail to enlarge

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Jive-Bomber and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn Ron...that is the neatest damn pic...that kid is guaranteed to grow up a gear head...hes a lucky little guy having a Grandpa like you.....good stuff.

15. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

This pic is fantastic! Reminds me of my best friend from childhood, and the daily hijinks we would get into.

16. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470348610.414147.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470348670.385289.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470348748.582932.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470348782.512177.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470348851.170277.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470348895.873255.jpg

We're all about old cars and bikes. From our wedding to picking kids up from school.

17. bab59

bab59

18. My God-daughter.................... Caroline 4.jpg

19. Oil dripper

Oil dripper
    from Australia

20. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Love these pics guys!!

21. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'm a lifelong gear head, and both sides of the family are car and motorcycle people.It was genetics, I guess ;)

22. I use to invite my kid out to the garage to watch/help me with my hotrods. When he was 15 he went with me to inquire about a 50 ford coupe I was interested in.....I couldn't come up with the $300 but he begged me to let him buy that car...I did and at 42 he still has the car. He's too busy to build it at home but has a local shop building it as a pro-mod style road racer....[to actually race!] with twin turbo 427 cu in LS and a richmond 6 speed.
    Keep 'em interested. Jeremysbox12_15.jpg

23. Big Plan Dan

Big Plan Dan

That little guy on the salt looks like a very young Mickey Thompson. Obviously not him, though, as Mickey was much older in the mid-1950's. Anyway, with his appearance and his early indoctrination to racing, this kid has to be enjoying cars today.

24. Normally I don't put photo's of my girls online, but will in this case, as I share the perspective entirely, starting young.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Drewfus

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Grandson is four, I gave him an A chassis to start on. Bob DSCF3754.JPG

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Breedlove, Doc Ostich, Mickey Thompson, and people talked about the indy 500 and Le mans months in advance, what a time it was to grow up, eh?
    I havent pushed it on her at ALL, but I think my daughter is going to be a car person, but I dont think she is going to be "hamb friendly", shes more solid cams 4.56s and 3" magnaflows than she is 3.08s flatheads and smittys. She was bored at Deuce Days.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. Jim Hassad

Jim Hassad

Some days at Bonneville aren't quite so much fun. My mom, myself ( age 4) at "Lake Bonneville" with our deluxe accomadations behind us. August 1954. indy-25.jpg

28. Trying to!
    My boy (PFFFT boy, he's 20 now :eek:) helping me break in the new welder

[​IMG]

3 generational motor swap
    [​IMG]

His project
    [​IMG]

clunker likes this.
  29. Schwanke Engines

Schwanke Engines

I have a 2 and a 4 year old. Both love going to car shows with me, my 2 year old son says our 50 4 door chevy is his car and gets mad when I don't take him to daycare in it or if he cant bring it in the house with us at night lol. They both go along to all the trade shows and love to hang around with Dad and I. Ask either of my kids what sound grandpa and daddys cars make they will both go vroom vroom in a deep tone. As for the whole laptop over a car thing, I mean I want both so I can use the Laptop on the car lol.

clunker likes this.
  30. My 15-year-old partner in crime:
    IMAG0713_1.jpg