Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Your Car Club ~ Decals,Patches,Plaques,Club Cards,etc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Mark and I were discussing that both our clubs shared a similar name and I thought that would make for a interesting thread.

Car Club Decals,Patches,Plaques,Club Cards.

The club I am a long time member of is Tri-City Rod & Custom and was established in 1972 and today it is the oldest continuous car club in the State of South Carolina.

This is one of the last remaining decals that was made in 1972 and yeah,it's crude by today's standards,no one in the club was a artist. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. A Boner

A Boner

image.jpeg You can only join, if you meet their standards.......I got right in!

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

DSCN7830.JPG at Sacramento, CA swap meet today

4. Can't forget the All Deuces. HRP

[​IMG]

LOU WELLS likes this.

5. This one's been on my hot rods since 1961....................

[​IMG]

autobilly, OL 55, Willy_P and 5 others like this.
  6. This goes with it.................

[​IMG]

autobilly, OL 55, volvobrynk and 3 others like this.
  7. My club Kingston Igniters (Kingston N.Y.) Est 1956

This logo was drawn in a Kingston high school study hall in the mid fifties

Original club plaque and patch-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Current shirt and me in my club jacket
    IMG_0087.JPG

[​IMG]

8. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

This club was important in getting NHRA certification for our local drag strip (1954) and we revived the club in the 80s....... 325.png

9. I have a OLD FARTS plaque. HRP

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. I'm a member of the WAAC.
    A hand drawn T-shirt design I did for the members awhile back. Could be made in a decal or patch if they wanted to.
    waac_logo.jpg

11. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Piston Pounders started at Hoover High School in 1958. Linus of Peanuts fame is shown holding his ever present blanket in a dragster. MVC-007F.JPG

LOU WELLS and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. image.jpeg Here's a recast of the plaque from my Dad's old club - Phoenix, AZ sometime in the late 50s to early 60s. I know for sure that he had it on his '60 Starliner that he bought new in '61. This one will find a home on the rear of the roadster pickup project.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  13. Photogs189

Photogs189

Classic Nights Car Club
    Monroe. Connecticut
    Established 1984
    We are still holding cruise on Friday Nights May to Sept

http://www.classicnights.com

Attached Files:

14. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Wish I had some photos,but gone with time. First car club we tryed to make,was only 5 guys, early 1957,there was lots more ideas then $. So as kind of the artist,I got asigned the job of airbrushing 5 T-shirts that looked as much a like as I could do. About a year later Rob did some cards with club name "Scavenger's" of Coconut Grove Fla., at school printshop ,that we gave out to anyone we helped broke down on the road. I joined two other CC as well,an they were all great fun.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Roadsir

Roadsir

Had a buddy give me this card. This was printed in the 50's by the "Idlers" club in Mankato Mn.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1470019538.886856.jpg

16. Gotta be more. HRP

17. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

The Camsnappers from Newburyport, Mass. Established March 1952 and still going. We have 30 or so members today

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

Here is a pix of the shirt patch that we used in the early 70's for the Shadetree Street Rods out of Nashville TN. and we had a rod run/show for 40 years before we ended it last year. It was a lot of fun but attendance and fewer members caused us to give it up. DSC00615.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Club jackets seem to be the hardest to find since we outgrow them..... ODD ENDS 2016 007.JPG

Chuck Craig and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. Our club went through something similar,the attendance went down at our show and the membership in the club dwindled,age and just being burnt out doing shows was a contributing factor to the demise of our shows cruise-ins.

We decided to let the younger guys & clubs host shows now,after 42 years us old farts are more of a social club than a working club,we still help out with civic organizations when we can.

Since we are not into the current ideas of hot rods with rust and insist on them being safely built we don't have any young members,youngest is probably 58years old.HRP

TagMan likes this.
  21. Chuck Craig

Chuck Craig
    from Ocala FL

We are also older, youngest is 59 and the oldest is 75, but we still get together, three of us just got back from the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville and had a great time. Great to here from you.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. We had a couple of younger members a few years ago but unlike when I joined many years ago there is so many other things going on in peoples lives that one monthly meeting is a inconvenience.

I always know what I will be doing the second Thursday evening of the month and this month it's at my shop. HRP

23. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Are you at all concerned about any unwelcome attention accruing as a result of that plaque? Just wondering.

HOTRODPRIMER and prewarcars4me like this.
  24. ^^^^^ Not really.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. I'm with you,I would care less what your average econo-box driver thinks but there is a large contingency of motorcycle club members that are in the Phoenix area that might not look favorably on the usage of the name .

If the plaque were mine I would be content to use it as a wall hanger in my shop,HRP

hotrodtodd1960 and barryvanhook like this.
  26. Well, considering that I am in Wisconsin, and not Arizona anymore, I'm not real concerned about anyone from Phoenix getting their panties in a wad about it. Thanks for the concern. Maybe we'll let @porknbeaner chime in. He's our resident 1% expert. Hey PnB, am I at risk for some impromptu dental work if I fly this?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. Our club was started in 1957 and is still going strong. We sponsor several events every year. We have been featured in several magazines, were the Justice Bros. featured club at the 2012 CHRR. The club owns its own race car (1940 Ford Coupe). We have our own shop, and have met EVERY Tuesday night since 1957.
    I have been a member since 1958.
    Here's the 60th anniversary T-shirt design for next year.

Mick 60YearLogo.jpg