Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Another bad wreck involving a hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Jul 28, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Terrible, rotten news, Ron is a good friend, a Mid-West Deuce Club member and has driven many thousands of miles all over the country in his Deuce 3W and was just starting to rack up the miles this summer in his just finished roadster. We just had a long talk at the Walden's Open House at the LARS last month. I'm praying and pulling for you Ron, Holly and the girls!

2. Lil32

Lil32

Prayers for the Family. We were at Waldens and LARS last month also
    Noel

3. catdad49

catdad49

Prayers for all! Glad to here about the girls, hope for Ron's speedy recovery.

4. Prayers going out to Ron and the girls. Such a sad incident. Hits home really close. I worry every time I drive my children in an old car. It's a fine balance of protecting them but also letting them enjoy this hobby with you. Unfortunately, as in this case, you can't control every situation on the road.

lothiandon1940 and motoandy like this.
  5. Said some prayers to the Big Guy for Ron and family . . . so hard to see stuff like this. I've never met him, but he is part of our Brotherhood.

I think about things like this at times when I take my 32 out - makes me worry about giving anybody but a solid hotrod friend a ride (other than around my country roads). The highway does make me a bit nervous at times (especially at night!). Get through this Ron and back out on the road - we're all pulling for yah!

6. MUlrich07

MUlrich07

Personally don't know Ron... but you never want to see someones hard work end up like that. Praying for a full and fast recovering for Him and his granddaughters!

7. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Really hope Ron and his family pull through ok.

8. Is there any updates on Ron or the girls?

We never know what awaits us when we walk out the door,whether we are driving our daily driver or our hot rod/custom and I'm sure Ron was enjoying a early morning ride with his granddaughters and never dreamed the fate that awaited them.

I believe in the power of prayer and and encourage everyone to keep Ron,his granddaughters,and the entire Hickman family in your thoughts. HRP

Blue One, 65pacecar and jackandeuces like this.
  9. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Great Guy!
    Did a trip west with the bones, and him a few years back!
    Prayers sent! Hope for the best!

10. Prayers sent to ron, the girls, and entire family . When I hear things like this it just makes me feel sick inside. Please be careful out there everyone . Three weeks ago on my way to a show in my coupe, a young girl in a honda turned right in front of me, never even looked. I did not even have time to hit the brakes, I swung int the other lane, lucky there was no on coming traffic. This kind of thing can happen to you at any time.

11. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Check the other thread. Ron's daughter (the mother of the 2 girls) said he's still in intensive care but the girls, who have some serious injuries, should make a full recovery....

Here it is....

Update on Ron Hickman..
    This is a shared post from another page. Ron's daughter, Sheena posted this about 8 PM central 7/28/16 Sheena Hickman Fortenbury My dad is still in critical condition. My two daughters are stable and are going to be just fine. The oldest has had a few surgeries but she is on her road to recovery. The youngest had some spine issues but she will also be just fine. I know my family appreciates all the prayers and thoughts!

lothiandon1940 and timmy2times like this.
  12. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don't know if Ron is conscious or unconscious but I hope he knows his grand-daughters are going to be OK.

13. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Just got off phone with Ron's wife...One grandchild should be released today ,the other in a couple days..... Ron had a bad night but did make a small improvement last night..Looking at his condition before scheduling surgery for neck..I will try to keep you posted..All prays are welcome... rons roadster.jpg

14. choptop40

choptop40

Prayers from Texas

15. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That is really terrible. Prayers going out to Ron and kids.

This stuff is bad enough is a full size newer car, but a roadster has almost no protection. My Son Don was recently driving his T bucket to a gig and driving along in the slow lane. A lady in the fast lane, ON HER CELL PHONE, cut right into his lane and he had to run his car up onto the grass to get away from her hitting him. Luckily, no poles or trees in the way, and only some minor damage to the lower grille shell.

She kept going. :mad: But at least he was not injured.

Hope everything works out for Ron and the two girls.

Don

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Saw this today on a local car club's FB page. RoadSir you are right, it hits you right in the gut to read about a tragedy like this, probably a circumstance that none of us could have avoided if it occurred in front of our ride. Prayers and thoughts to the family! Just another reminder not to take life for granted.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Such a horrible thing to happen. Prayers for everyone.

18. Thank you for the update Jack. HRP

jackandeuces likes this.
  19. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

Terrible accident hope they all come out ok, in our thoughts and prayers. Shows why we should put seat belts in our cars, might not save you but will help.

20. I'm very sorry to hear about this accident, but glad to see the young ladies are doing well. Keeping Ron in my thoughts. The car can be rebuilt, but family and friends are irreplaceable.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I hate to see this kind of thread but it happens all too often. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

22. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts and Prayers.

23. Snowman454007

Snowman454007
    from Austin, TX

24. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Sometimes creativity is required to obtain proper documentation.

I hope the owner recovers.

25. ZZLEGEND

ZZLEGEND

From one Hot Rodder to another, sending prayers to him and those little girls. Life is precious.

lothiandon1940 and jackandeuces like this.
  26. CME1

CME1

Thoughts and Prayers to Ron. I hope you have a fast recovery. I am glad your two grand daughters are O.K. I too have two grand daughters who like to ride in my old cars. This really hits close to home !

jackandeuces likes this.
  27. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

OH MY! Kind thoughts and many prayers for all involved! Hope the two little girls and Granddad come through this terrible incident alright. Does give one a heavy heart. Joe

28. white64

white64
    from Maine

I have seat-belts in my A coupe, but in these old cars I doubt they would make any difference at all. These cars are just too small, no crush zones, a single layer of sheet metal, some metal held together with tacks and wood, and they are light weight by comparison to new cars. I tell the passenger that the seat belts just allow the first responders an easier way to find our bodies. I never let anyone ride in the rumble seat if I'm going to go faster than 35 mph (still very dangerous at that speed). It's the chance we all take, we've all seen the period accident photos... these cars basically disintegrate on impact... BUT! I'm still taking my AV8 to the store in about 10 minutes.

My thoughts are with them, and I will drive a little more careful, today.

29. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Thoughts and prayers to Ron and the girls god bless

30. slack

slack

(sometimes coupes are roadsters, and 32's are 34's):rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    .......And , apparently, "rodsters."
    Not that it matters one iota. :(

verde742 likes this.