Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Nozzles up higher on gas is worth some power, but low speed fuel stand off is worse.

Dog_Patch and loudbang like this.
  2. Yeah the Enderle stacks are set up below the butterfly - the only thing above the butterfly is loose screws :confused:

Here's the Montgomery video - nice work! It was epic watching lightning bolts come down at the same time the tree came down!

saltflats, loudbang and powrshftr like this.
  3. montg1.jpg Can't make this stuff up .

montg1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  4. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Question, somewhat on topic. Electric fuel pump, 140 GPH factory set at 14 psi, is it ok to use a small piece of rubber hose with hose clamps on the steel line before the regulator? I see some of the ones on flea bay with 3/8 NPT to a nipple with a barb, that should be my answer question right?!

5. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Yes I used short hoses between the tank ,filter and pump then ran steel line up to the regulator with short hoses between line and regulator then regulator to carb I do however use high pressure fuel injection hose just because I like to overkill on safety

loudbang, Dog_Patch and Higgy's Henry like this.
  6. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

although it isn't remotely correct i have low pressure rubber hose plumbing all of my fuel system with no problems so far

loudbang, Higgy's Henry and Dog_Patch like this.
  7. I changed my black webbing AN type hose to this black rubber type. Its a bitch to get the hose ends on but no clamps needed and it looks old school.
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-873006

loudbang and Higgy's Henry like this.
  8. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

I think the NHRA rule is 12" of rubber hose. I was always told to use a little when you have your solid lines running from like a firewall (a non moving object) to something on the motor like the carb inlet etc (a moving object) so that the vibration has a place to be absorbed. Otherwise you run the risk of the like breaking or leaking.

9. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

Good thing some of these guys aren't running NHRA!!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  10. Ram sent one of their new shirts with the clutch :)

IMG_3033.JPG

11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

You going to Commerce for the swap meet tomorrow

12. Yes sir I'm planning on it. Are you going to be there?

13. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ram is really supporting us.

loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  14. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

I am leaving a spot for a pair of those special Ram stickers you said you have!

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am planning on it

Dog_Patch likes this.
  16. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

I have them just have to remember to get them to you. I'll have them at the track.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Taking forever to get the car back together. Maybe its the 95 degree days everyday now. Jack came over to help get the trans back in.
    IMG_3041.JPG

It was looking good for the Paradise Drag strip Show N Go on Saturday - until - seems like JB weld is fine for getting you home, but its not a long term fix. The freeze plug was loose and because the hard blok is formed in the shape of the freeze plug, I can't bang another plug in. The hard blok is really bad ass stuff - can't drill it. I might try a grinder on it.
    IMG_3051.JPG

Nick Smithberg suggested filling the gap with this :
    epoxy.jpg

Saturday went to Paradise with just the Sedan Delivery. Jimmy Huff and JT made some passes. Good time.
    IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3061.JPG

This bus in Ballground is actually a diner.
    IMG_3066[1].JPG

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You need a concrete drill bit to drill that stuff.
    Can't remember if you are going to the Meltdown's

19. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Would a shallow freeze plug work ?

20. Salty - I had planned to go, but my SoCal family planned a trip to come and visit on the same weekend. I couldn't talk them into driving to the Meltdown :confused:

These Hemi plugs are almost flat discs. If I can get some of the concrete out, the plug might be able to be hammered on so it will expand. Kind of hope the epoxy will negate needing a freeze plug .....

loudbang likes this.
  21. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

That epoxy might be more of a bear later on, should you need to get it out!

I would try to make a little room in the HardBlok stuff.

As you said, with a grinder / rotary file or the like.

Don't know if you were to hammer on the HardBlok, you may cause a crack in it, which might show up as differential expansion / contraction location in an area of importance.

22. I had hard block in a hemi. it was filled up to the top of the plug. I had some leaking. to fix it I chiseled the material out. I then used a hot heads freeze plug. it no fun but with some patience it can be done.

stealthcruiser and loudbang like this.
  23. Higgy's Henry

Higgy's Henry

any updates?!

Dog_Patch likes this.
  24. It wasn't the JB Weld quick, was it? I found out the hard way that it doesn't hold up to heat at all! Even minor grinding near it and it will let go. I was NOT impressed!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

loudbang likes this.
  25. Yeah it was the JB Quick stuff. We were between race rounds and it needed to be quick. You are right it didn't hold well long term. I was able to use a chisel and hammer to make enough room to smack a new plug in. Added a ton of that Splash Zone epoxy and put in the plug.
    IMG_3084.JPG

loudbang and strokedstang331 like this.
  26. bagdad_bob.jpg

27. Right now the car is 250lbs heavy based on the stock valve angle rule - gotta love the stock Hemi valve angle :D. There isn't much left that can be cut out but the rear fender wells we happy to do their part and reduce the weight by 25lbs.

IMG_3108.JPG

28. captmullette

captmullette

tony, ive been talking to alky digger about a stack inj. for my A, I like the enderle unit, any suggestions...

enloe likes this.
  29. Are you thinking of Alky or Gas? He sets up the barrel valve and bypass pressures for Alky. Quain has sorted mine and JT's out to get them to behave on gas. I like my Enderle. Be sure to stake the butterfly screws down. I think they are cool and seriously simple compared to carburetors. (Not saying I know how to tune one, but its just fuel squirting through a jet after all - no power valves and floats etc.). Alky Digger knows his stuff on this so he is the guy to go to.

loudbang likes this.
  30. captmullette

captmullette

thanks tony, gonna go for gas, and yea, they look bad ass, trying to get the tates hell mullette in the high 10's.......

loudbang likes this.