Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest STATION WAGONS ~ JUST HAMBER OWNED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 10, 2016.

1. jay t.

jay t.

image.jpg image.jpg My 63 Savoy. Work in progress

Deuces, 31hotrodguy, 63savoy and 7 others like this.
  2. MyCrustyVW

MyCrustyVW

Hi, sure, it's a 58, LS so it's the standard model. Front engine/FWD It's an interesting setup! The whole front suspension/engine/tranny/rack is unitized. It comes out as one assembly with 4 bolts for easy servicing. It's a 2 cyl, 4 stroke, 4 speed stick on the column. [​IMG]
    That's the only side picture I have right now. That's the day I got it. It needs rockers, floors, lower fenders in areas. It's crusty.

3. wayfarer and enloe like this.
  4. Oldstrk.When I hit the lottery , that's what my camp site will look like.LOL. Bruce.

Oldstrk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  5. enloe likes this.
  6. Jay t I LOVE it!!!!!! Bruce.P.S. I have had all station wagons but couldn't resist this Mopar.ANY ONE WHAT TO TRADE SOMETHING FOR IT? 001.JPG

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    enloe likes this.
  7. Safariknut. We have talked a few times. I hope you get your strength back and get to feel better soon. Bruce.

enloe likes this.
  8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

If I missed the backstory on the 55 I apologize.
    I just had both cataracts removed and my vision hasn't been this good in 20 years, and I have not been drinking, but what's up with the whole 2 door/4 door deal?
    Am I the only one that noticed this?

9. garagebuiltbob

garagebuiltbob
    from michigan

10. garagebuiltbob

garagebuiltbob
    from michigan

Try again sorry my 63 Plymouth
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469556200.339919.jpg

Deuces, 63savoy, Mrbagley and 5 others like this.
  11. garagebuiltbob

garagebuiltbob
    from michigan

12. Champscotty58

Champscotty58

It was like that when we bought it, but I think they're bamboo roll up blinds.

13. OH YEA I like her too! I have the Olds wagon in the shop tring to get her ready to paint for the car show here Aug. 20th Going to be close. Bruce.

14. Roadsir

Roadsir

Miss this ol car. Had to sell it to get the 32 and would like to find another some day.
    wagon picture.jpg

John Stimac, Deuces, i.rant and 13 others like this.
  15. Chanpscotty . That's what I was thinking. I just wasn't sure.Thanks Bruce.

16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

A little tongue-in-cheek pinstriper humor, painting a back door on a Safari.

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Pretty damn convincing too, I studied both side photos many times and even expanded the photo before I said anything. Now that I look at it again; I see the painted door handle.
    It was the door outline that had me convinced that someone had gone to a lot of work, I just couldn't understand why just the one side though.

18. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Our wagon we bought in '04.
    [​IMG]

31hotrodguy, koolkemp, DSmoke and 3 others like this.
  19. manyolcars

manyolcars

my 1926 Dodge Brothers.....and possom manpossom.jpg

20. Very nice!

My dad owned a Almond Beige 1962 wagon that we used to transport our band equipment,worked real well until early one morning on our way home I crested a hill and hit a broken down propane truck sitting in the road with no lights.

Needless to say the wagon was totaled,I bent the steering wheel and the knobs for the heater ate my right knee up,my girlfriend got hit in the back of the head when the fender amp slid forward and knocked out a couple of teeth on the dash.

that was a nice wagon. HRP

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Roadsir likes this.
  21. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, wagons are great, but, 2 door wagons, tho they kinda defeat the whole "family with kids vehicle" idea, are just WAY cool.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    55hdyman likes this.
  22. To answer your questions:I got the idea for the rear door when I was at a local cruise night and saw a mid 60's Chevy Suburban that had a rear door on the right side only. apparently they were made this way for a few years. I thought it was a neat trick and decided to incorporate it into the Safari. Also I had seen some concept drawings done by Harry Bradley for 55-57 Nomads and Safaris where he took rear doors from a 4 door and grafted them into the wagon.
    I was fooling around with a lot of faux items at the time;license plates painted to look 3 dimensional;louvers(in the left front fender);Buick style portholes(in the right front fender with mice crawling in and out of them)and the right side gas flap door(nex a55safari13.jpg Billetproof02.jpg fx2.jpg Crabby1.jpg n_a(74).jpeg t to the faux rear door).The license plate illustration shows a real plate and a faux plate.

Deuces and 31hotrodguy like this.
  23. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

You're very talented. I'll dig out a pic or two of my 58 Yeoman 2dr.

24. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

@safariknut

Nicely done, had me fooled.
    Sure would like to see a closeup shot of the faux door/gaps.

25. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Also on other threads, but here they are again.
    This one's my 50's/60's hot rod.
    [​IMG]

This one's about to be my daily driver.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  26. I'll take some pics of them tomorrow and post them here.

27. gonmad

gonmad

Here's our Nomad. Chic claims it as "her's" tho! LoL! Been all over the country since we've owned it. Like 13-14 years ago. Everything you can't see has been redone.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

28. Hubie1320

Hubie1320

My wife's '57 Chevy Bel Air 4 Door Wagon daily driver for her and the kids. I did a frame-on modern restoration on this car. I built a stout 355" Small block with an Art Carr 2004R Overdrive Automatic, Power disc brakes, Power Steering, A/C, Custom Interior, Halibrand Wheels, etc. etc. Unfortunately, we sold it in 2003.

Attached Files:

29. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

30. Here are the pictures of the door gaps.On the ivory(upper section)I created a shadow and a hot spot by using 1-Shot Ivory with a drop of Tinting Black in it and a 50/50 mix of Ivory and White on the opposite side.
    On the turquoise(bottom section) I used 1-Shot Blue Green straight out of the can for the light side and added a drop or two of Tinting Black for the shadow side. The Tinting Black is essentially paint that is mostly clear with a hint of color. Continuing the line across the stainless trim helped the illusion and I used a couple shades of gray to complete it. SafariFauxDoor 001.jpg SafariFauxDoor 002.jpg