Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

Raven who we fostered for about a month loved the 41. He was my shop buddy. Would lay in his bed staring at the old truck. Sometimes get up, go over and lick the fender. Go back to his bed and look at it some more.
    If I opened the door. He was in the cab and would not want to come back out.
    Did not have him long enough and am not in a position to have another pooch. But this one was special.
    Our other dog Yoda loves going for rides. He is so gentle and easy. Amazing since he was a bait dog for dog fighting before we rescued him.
    Love dogs and there is little as unconditional as a dogs love.

Attached Files:

2. LBCD

LBCD

First pic is our red headed beagle Lucy and second is our newest family member 9 week old Aussie Hurley...he has to wait as he chews everything in site.

Attached Files:

Speedys Garage and Capt Chap like this.
  3. tattoos by brandon

tattoos by brandon
    from salem ohio

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No pics in the hot rod yet, but we now have these 2 guys...
    Judd Liam, a Rot/Boxer mix. Good thing he's pretty because he's just a dick sometimes...
    IMG_20151030_203449163.jpg
    Then there's this guy, Axl Reese. A mix of a champion blonde/white Husky and Boxer/Pit. He's really a pleasure to have around...
    IMG_20160407_175811077.jpg

Gary Reynolds and Speedys Garage like this.
  5. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

*this* from Ann Landers column back in the 80s

I found my dog "Belle", last year at the pound. We bonded instantly and I knew I had to take her. She was sweet, funny, and fearless.

I remembered the truck commercials on TV where the message was dogs love trucks.

Belle was no exception. The day I bought my used pickup, she hopped into the bed and was ready to go. It seemed that half the vehicles I saw growing up were old pickups with dogs --- always unrestrained.

At first, there were short trips to the store or on a back road. But after a month, we got more adventurous. Sometimes Belle would get excited and lean over and snap at passing cars. That should have warned me, but at the time I thought it was funny. It never occurred to me to be concerned. ----------- Not untill she fell out.
    -
    -
    -
    -
    ' I watched in the mirror as she tumbled to the road. Belle survived the fall and started to get up, but before she could get out of the way, an oncoming car hit her!
    -
    -
    -
    It was stupid, awfull, and completely unexpected. And it could have been prevented.

A simple harness, or better yet keeping my beautiful Belle in the cab would have saved her life.

Now, because of a stupid macho image I had of a man, his dog, and a truck, I have lost a beloved friend.

PLEASE, if you have a pet you care about -- do NOT allow it to ride unrestrained in a truck bed! :(

Shelasticker 017.jpg
    Whereever we go, whatever vehicle we're in, Shela is ALWAYS belted into her safety harness! SAVED her from being thrown THRU the windshield when Beulah was killed in 2011 --

https://www.amazon.com/Four-Paws-45...=1469146891&sr=8-4&keywords=pet+safety+sitter

they have them for all size dogs ---

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  6. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Ann Landers?? This is a hot rod site. The dog died doing something he loved. Fuck Ann Landers. Sounds like those letters are all made up Bullshit anyway.

7. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

our pic`s 218.jpg Peaches in Black/Tan and Willie in Green

8. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Mr. Panda Quinn At So Cal second Saturday this spring. Ridin' goggles askew, and H.A.M.B.er JERRY doing the leash duties. Every now and then in an Arizona summer you have to remember when it was cool, or you lose your mind.

panda quinn so cal kinda dog..jpg panda w goggles daniel higgins.jpg

Fedman, brad2v, Hamtown Al and 4 others like this.
  10. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

We had a small akc, grey,mini poodle that looked like a shaggy dog. She used to love going for drives in both of our El Caminos. Her favorite place was the area behind the seat top and the little tray under the rear window. This was her perch. Sometimes she would just jump up there and lay down in the middle while we drove. She was always on alert like all dogs and she would jump up there on command when we teased her with…”where are the horses…” It must have been the tone as she went beserk looking for horses. That command could be used anywhere and the reaction would be the same. But, in the El Camino, she would jump up on the top of the seats and pace back and forth looking for those horses. One time near Bakersfield on the way to a photo shoot in Merced and a vacation in Yosemite, she actually saw horses and went beserk… We found out later that when my wife drove with the seats pushed forward, there was a little space between the seat top and this little package tray…well, up and down was what happened next. Our dog ended up behind the seat near the spare tire. Lesson learned…

Thanks,

Jnaki upload_2016-7-26_4-28-13.png

Fedman, brad2v and blowby like this.
  11. A couple of my Shop Dog
    Keeping the car cover warm
    [​IMG]
    Riding in the 59
    [​IMG]

Fedman, Gary Reynolds, brad2v and 7 others like this.
  12. Jet96

Jet96
    from WY

image.jpeg My son's little rescue, when I grab the key off the nail by the door...BEELINE to the roadster!

1959apache, Fedman, brad2v and 7 others like this.
  13. rdynes01

rdynes01
    from colorado

In the dictionary under the word "dick" is your portrait.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I know the feeling! Panda above goes nuts when i grab the keys to the 'Bucket! Even funnier, he knows when the So-Cal second Saturday event is monthly, (where the pictures above were taken)
    'cause that morning I wake up with his goggles in bed.

Speedys Garage and Jet96 like this.
  15. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Lost the little dog in my avatar in March to diabetes and kidney failure. 14 years old. Just picked up this little cutie named Callie from the pound yesterday. She's sleeping on the office floor between my shoes as I write this. 20160722_164542[1].jpg

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    Fedman, brad2v, Hamtown Al and 4 others like this.
  16. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

here is a short video Tinker going for a ride.

17. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

You know what to do, I'm quite certain.

18. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

This is Cole, our miniature Schnauser mix.
    Here he is after spending the day in the shop with me, he is a 24/7 ball fiend and he brings his tennis ball in and either he's pestering me with it when I'm under something or he'll put it under any dusty spot he can find then raises hell until I get up and get it for him.
    He is a cute little guy when he cleans up.

20160726_110801.jpg 20160726_111459.jpg 20160726_111908.jpg

Fedman, blowby, Truck64 and 2 others like this.
  19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Hunter developed a tumor in one of the anal glands so all were removed..About 99% chance that the tumor was cancerous so a biopsy was forgone as he is too old at 13 1/2 to undergo kemo..Stomach cancer is inevitable down the road but his rear legs may give out beforehand..Got folding stairs so he can get in the Explore and the F150, days of jumping in now gone and I even carry a cardboard box in the Crosley so he has a halfway step.. I have to be ready if he misses [usually because he loses track of where one of the rear paws is] a step he will fall down so I grab him to cushion the fall and at him being 80# we both usually end up in a pile on the ground..I think we look at each other thinking glad this didn't hurt more..I no longer let him jump out of vehicles making him wait so I can cradle him down, fine as long as I don't get a hernia! Our walks in the woods aren't as long as they used to be and I try to pick a level route or he will be too tired to get up the stairs when we get back to the vehicle...So for now we will keep going as long as we can, he likes the rides, woods, socializing at some parks and guarding the neighborhood, maybe Ice Cream later when it cools down..

Fedman, blowby, brad2v and 2 others like this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

[​IMG][​IMG]Suitable for framing!!!!!!

21. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

My Shela is losing her ability to walk straight:oops: HAVEta LIFT her INto and OUTof the Merc.

HAVE to LIFT her to the bed at night and DOWN from it in the morning

sometimes falls down when She is walking and can't git her hind legs to cooperate:confused: -- havta to LIFT her rear and steady her she's 60lb

Gittin OLD is pigeon poop! :mad:

I feel yer pain seb fontana :(

22. My Boxer Jack
    IMG_4025.jpg

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  23. triman62

triman62

My copilot and constant companion Sweety, makes me laugh everyday, for that I am very grateful. Goes with me to work everyday and rides with me delivering construction equipment. Will even hang out when I'm working on the project, guess she will have to ride along in that too. Picture0722161729_1.jpg

24. trollst

trollst

Sophie, nine, she's not fond of roadsters, but get her in my 36, she's cool as she can be. I tell the ladies that my girlfriend is a real dog....... DSC05887.JPG

25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sophie looks like a sweetheart.
    I often dog sat for our neighbors' yellow Lab named Okie, but he had some tumors and had to be put down, man I got attached to that dog.

trollst likes this.
  26. Uh.....really? That what you have to say???? If you care about an animal, protect it and care for it. You assume that responsibility. I cannot believe your callous, uncaring and unthinking reply!
    Hope you don't have a dog.

Speedwrench likes this.
  27. Awww, come on.......? dick? Jerkwad is more like it. I COULD go on.What a guy!

28. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

With ours it's rope. The only thing he will fetch and actually bring back, if you can manage to loosen his grip on it.

0727161543c.jpg

29. Roadsir

Roadsir

Go pher and Go for incite the same reaction out of Willie. He's a 20lb rat terrier mix rescue dog we picked up. I don't know where he gets his energy, some sort of plasma orb reactor in this dude.

He knows the sound of the 40, and is always ready to go.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469670939.855933.jpg

Killing squeaky toys is a specialty

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1469671022.706836.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.