Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Beside the Barn" willys find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ME.GASSER, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Russman69,
    I left the original Mystery Willys chassis intact. Once I had the new floor in place I didn't have the heart to cut out 2 big holes for the towers. I have built 4 chassis using the leaf spring setup and it works well for me. The coil spring setup was cool but I wasn't sure if I could work with it as well as Al did. Thanks for the compliment.

2. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Langy I'm still trying to work out a design that I'm happy with but I haven't given up. I will have more time to work on the car this winter. Love to watch what you do. Very inspirational.

3. OneWay

OneWay

Looks like Moyer with better paint !!

ME.GASSER likes this.
  4. 37willysgasser

37willysgasser

Who needs wheelie bars!

ME.GASSER likes this.
  5. Russman69

Russman69
    from MI

That's what the bumper is for. Haha

6. Russman69

Russman69
    from MI

Yes. Didn't look at it that way. Maybe you will find enough parts to put the Mystery Willy's chassis to use one day. Again, beautiful work! You should be proud.

ME.GASSER likes this.
  7. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

thanks Russman69

8. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

What a cool project.

ME.GASSER likes this.
  9. mike bowling

mike bowling

Nice score- that looked 100% better out of the bushes and in front of it's new home without anything else being done.Now it's just picture perfect.Love the "straight-up" wheelie pictures.

10. biscaynes

biscaynes

not sure if this one was posted... mystery.jpg

11. loudbang

loudbang

Wow brings back memories I actually saw that run there.

12. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. That is the coolest picture that I have seen of it. Thanks so much for posting it.

biscaynes likes this.
  13. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool.

14. Satyr

Satyr

I am nothing short of very impressed with your ability to do what you do to bring a proud old gasser back to life. Just fantastic work.

Baron likes this.
  15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you very much Satyr. We haven't worked on the project for awhile because I purchased a 67 Chevelle. Once I get that done I will be back working on the Willys again.

16. A 67 Chevelle ? Do I start calling you Peter now?

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You had might as well Dave. Actually I should have left this one where it was. It was suppose to be a really nice original car. But you know me I had to dig into it to see what I had bought. It wasn't anywhere near what it was suppose to be so I have started a rotisserie restoration.

18. Hey Larry I reran this post and you do some great metal work there was a couple of things you did that will help me on my sedan after going threw the post, Humm from gasser to muscle car hopefully it won't be to long till your back on the gasser. Like they say mans got to do what he wants when he wants keep things enjoyable. Chat later Tony

19. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tony our first love is the gassers. I just think my husband needed a break from the build for awhile. We will be back on it soon. Thanks for the comments.

20. Cool looking forward to the return.

21. The Mystery Willys coming off the line! :)

Attached Files:

22. biscaynes

biscaynes

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the great picture. This is one we haven't seen

hotrodtodd1960 and Baron like this.
  24. elgringo71

elgringo71

Great Picture!!!!

25. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Larry,
    I kick myself everytime I look at this thread for not buying the car from you. With the prices of these cars and for what you priced it to me for, This was probably my once in a lifetime chance to own a real steel willys coupe. You have done a super job with it.

54stude likes this.
  26. elgringo71

elgringo71

Any updates on your build? It's come a long way already.

27. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Elgringo71 I actually haven't done anything with this car for over a year. Some of you know that I'm restoring a 67 Chevelle and that's taking up all my spare time. I have had a very serious offer for the Mystery Willys and it may soon have a new home.

28. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes this car needed a lot of work but they are all worth saving. I'm really glad that you chose not to buy the car as it gave me the push I needed to get started. I have another one waiting in the wings. Next time you get a chance grab one. It's just like drag racing you snooze you lose. Good luck

mad mikey and loudbang like this.
  29. Dino the weirdo

Dino the weirdo

Well ....Heres the Original Owner/Driver Al DeAngelis at the wheel of a "Mystery Willys for the day" ....It's Fuzzy Munsons Car with Magnetics on the door at last years Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia drags...Coming a Mystery Willys.jpg gain To Lebanon Valley Sept 24-25

loudbang and 41 coupe like this.
  30. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wanted to let everyone know that this car has gone to a new home. I accomplished what I wanted to do with the car and that was to save it. Very proud of the work that I did and could have finished the car but it was actually the best time to let it go as the new owner could put his touch on it. I believe the car went to the right owner as he stepped up and paid a very fair price for it and he is very excited to own it. I will be doing another one as I enjoy the metal work and chassis fabrication. It's a great hobby. Thank you all for your comments. If you know me personally you know that I am a building contractor. This car hobby has brought me many friends and I really enjoy it. Hope I can do another build thread soon. Thanks Larry