Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Oh no not another Willys Gasser build, this time a Willys shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, Dec 8, 2013.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Steve your creativity in overcoming issues such as the valve cover nuts never ceases to amaze me. I may need to start a spreadsheet to keep track of the ideas I want to swipe from you.:D
    As for the cancer, inner strength is half the battle and it sounds like you have that well covered. My wife beat cancer 15 years ago and she's just as ornery, er, delightful as ever. Hang in there!

droppedstepside and langy like this.
  2. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks bud, yeah the op was a great success and I can pee normally again, can't tell you what the relief is like !!!

droppedstepside and greaser like this.
  3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks bud for the kind words, unfortunately mine is incurable as its gone into my bones and lymph glands but it is treatable so I will just keep going, just being able to pee again is such a relief, I got rushed into hospital 3 weeks ago as the tract got closed completely and my bladder filled with 2.2 liters of fluid !!! They drained me off and operated the next morning, I asked the doc if it was done by keyhole surgery and he just looked at me strange and said "no we go through the hole in your penis and bore it out"
    I nearly hit the floor !!!
    I woke up after op to find a 3/8" tube the size of a fuel line down the hole !!!

[​IMG]

loudbang likes this.
  4. Legendlives

Legendlives

Sorry to hear about your health issues Steve. But looking on the bright side - how many of us have a -6 bore whang!
    Cancer is an asshole that has touched too many of our lives. Keep strong mate.

OahuEli, droppedstepside and langy like this.
  5. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I have stag 4 Colon/Rectal cancer . Entered the lymph nodes . 4 surgeries , one year of chemo, 30 straight days of radiation , and 24 years have passed . Don't let it get you down , times are rough , but keep a clear head and it will do wonders , it can be beat . "Men" don't speak of it much , but prayers do work . I'll be praying for your recovery , hang in there and enjoy your tinkering on the hot rod

6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Steve.The VC hold down nuts are just slicker than teflon.Great idea,great job.Wishing you the best with your health issues.As they say in yer neck of the woods"Keep yer pecker up".God bless ya friend.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

droppedstepside and langy like this.
  7. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks bud, to be honest I'm completely cool with it all, shit happens as they say, it's how you deal with it that counts and I don't let anything beat me.

OahuEli, Speedwrench and Thor1 like this.
  8. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Leo, pecker still working at least that's something lol

9. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Your not wrong mate, I lost 2 of my friends to it, I said to the nurses take the pain away but leave the swelling !!!

10. Thinking of you Steve. Any advice for us middle aged bastards that still think we're 25, even though that was 20 years ago!.? I've learned a lot by watching you use your talents to build some fine automobiles. I'm not done watching yet.

RockinRivi likes this.
  11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

You know Steve, as far back as I remember; we (U.S.) were warned that we would someday convert to the metric system, so we better get used to it. Thank Gawd we never did, I can't imagine somebody telling me I might have a (nearly) 10 MM hose stuck up my Johnson.:eek:
    Been having "issues" myself, so I feel for you.
    Soldier on bud.

langy likes this.
  12. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It actually was a 10mm tube bud, I just converted for you imperial Americans hahaha
    Hope your well bud

RockinRivi likes this.
  13. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Sorry to hear that they didn't catch the cancer before it spread Langy. I know how much fun that catheter can be.....I like your attitude and I am sure you will keep building cars,as I said before it is great therapy.

14. Your talent and determination never cease to amaze me - you are an inspiration, mate, no doubt. Your attitude about your work and what life throws at you run hand in hand.

The color you chose is similar I think to a 40 Ford dove grey or something very similar. Great choice and the wing nuts are again something you just tackle head on and they look phenomenal. I'm going to have to make a visit once this bad boy is finished ...

And I don't think a catheter tube has ever been featured here on the HAMB - just another first in a long line of many by you! LOL!

RockinRivi likes this.
  15. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

[​IMG]
    nice work on the inner door panels

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  16. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Steve.Perhaps that saying has fallen out of use.Used to mean"Keep your courage up".
    Glad to see that your sense of humor is still intact.
    Leo

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

cheers Tom, hope your well, looked like a great trip

18. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

thanks bud

19. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I never stop laughing Leo, I knew where you was coming from

20. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Steve.Thanks for the reply.First heard that one from my cousin that cycled through
    England on his way to North Africa in time to participate in the battle of the
    Kasserine pass
    in `43.He was in Shermans.
    Leo

21. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I bet you never thought you would be grateful just to take a piss? Hang in there Steve.

langy likes this.
  22. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Your so right bud, the relief was amazing!!!

23. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Glad to see you posting again, Steve. You must have been kicked off of Facebook again ! :p

Don

loudbang and langy like this.
  24. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Nope i've been a very good boy Don

25. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Well all the panels and cab are now down to 240 grit and ready for primer, I thought the door skins would of straightened when blocking the gelcoat but they are so poor mouldings they needed a skim, not terrible but had to be done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk, loudbang and TomT like this.
  26. Looking Good Steve, Keep up the top work & Stay well.

langy likes this.
  27. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Thanks bud, feel like we are getting somewhere now

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. Are you going to pull molds off the panels after you paint it?

langy likes this.
  29. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Yes bud

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

30. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Felt a lot better today so perched myself on a chair and stripped the old Y block.
    I was pleasantly surprised to find it had been rebuilt a few miles ago, pistons are
    +030 and the bores are absolutely perfect, also bearings and crank in nice condition but -010 all over, it's gonna have a grind and a bore anyway as will be taking it out a bit, so don't really matter.
    The best part of for me is no sludge anywhere, these old Y blocks are common for sludging up badly and that's often why they demise.
    Got one stubborn pipe plug to drill out and then it's off to the hot tank for a damn good clean and then onto machining and modification.
    Its will get a reborn and hone and also will be squaring the decks to the crank as these blocks are often out of spec, the decks will also be getting a good skim as the Pistons were 40 thou down the hole as standard which is not a good quench so we need to improve that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

volvobrynk, timmy2times and loudbang like this.