Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Old Magazines...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob Oh, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Bob Oh

Bob Oh

image.jpeg image.jpeg My Dad passed away a few years, leaving stacks and stacks of car magazines. He always claimed that they had value, which was noted by the $$$ that my Mom got for his various Hot Rod magazines. Now I've found old copies of "Autoweek", "12 Port News", and "Street Rodders" magazines, and I'm wondering if any of them might have any value.

What say the HAMB...?

2. They are worth what someone would pay,personally I can't see them bringing much. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Check with your local American Legion or VFW and see if they have any kind of program to send magazines to our troops overseas.

timwhit and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. Or Veterans Homes. HRP

timwhit and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. I offered a vendor of old car magazines all of mine (400)for free..He did not want to pay for shipping to get them.

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

Still want to give them away?

7. If you aren't too far away,,,,you don't say on your profile where you are

8. manyolcars

manyolcars

you got a message

9. 6-71

6-71

I tried to sell them,tried to give them away,then hauled 30 years worth of mags to the dump(recycling center)

10. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Did ya^ try the Hamb?

Speed Gems likes this.
  11. 6-71

6-71

Well sort of,none of the local Hamber's were interested.

12. JerseyHarold

JerseyHarold
    from New Jersey

Nobody wants magazines anymore. I've been trying to sell off my collection (basically for lunch money...not looking to retire from them!) for several years and had only a few sales. Kind of sad.....

13. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I tried to give boxes and boxes of early Hot, Rod R&C etc away. Local library said they couldn't take them because of a "Liability" issue?????. When I went to the Speedway Museum in Lincoln NE, they said they would take them all for their library. Sent me postage and even offered to pay for boxes. I donated them all. Basically worthless.

14. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Maybe they figured to spent too much time in the restroom and became tainted.

15. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I have hundreds of issues of old Motor Trend and Motor Life magazines from the '50s and '60s that I've tried to sell on eBay without much luck. Since yours are from the '70s and '80s they're even less valuable. If you can find someone who wants them for free who will pay for the shipping go that route. Good luck....