Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Coker Tires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cmpcpro, Jul 9, 2016.

1. ochamsrasor

ochamsrasor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I purchased a set of Cokers about 6 months ago and none of the 4 would balance totally out of round, even at 11 ounces still would not zero balance. Coker stood up did the right thing shipped me 4 new tires BEFORE I shipped mine back, they paid all of the shipping and the costs of 2 installations. They earned my respect and my business...customer service was outstanding.

Skankin' Rat Fink likes this.
  2. If you bought your tires recently from Coker. Take the time during, their open hours and figure it out with them. Everyone's experience is different.

I imagine if you paid the extra warranty you may be good to exchange.

I am also in LA area and was looking into ordering from Coker.
    I didn't know they had a west coast location in industry.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. Slopok

Slopok

If they are 3o minutes away why would there be any shipping involved?

4. spags

spags

Hey OP it was a pleasure meeting you today here at Coker Tire, City of Industry. Sorry about the issue with that one tire, but glad we got it swapped out for you and had you back on the road quickly. Please post a picture of the car once you get that 4th wheel on, would love to see how it came out.

5. spags

spags

Hey Abe Lugo,
    We are at 14955 Don Julian Road, City of Industry, CA 91746. Please feel free to drop by 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.

6. Good to hear from the Coker Rep - Now where's the OP ?????

C. John Stutzer likes this.
  7. cmpcpro

cmpcpro

Right here! Cokers replaced the tire with a new one and mounted in on my wheel so all is well. They also told me about their warranty for 10-20$ a tire they cover them for 5 years against stupid things like curbs and road debris so for $80 I added that onto my account. Thanks for the help guys! PS: those dimples in the whitewall started to go away!! Evidently they are normal and aren't structural damage, so the tire would have been safe, despite the little hole, but it's all taken care of now, the new tire looks great like the other three. Also, no the messed up tire wasn't old, it was from 2015. Thanks everyone!

8. jim snow

jim snow

Good to hear of a happy outcome. Snowman

9. Cool beans! :)

10. I have always had great dealings with Coker.

11. 3030

Sometimes you need to take a deep breath before you get all excited in life

Atwater Mike, dan31 and Tim like this.
  12. Always neat to hear that a company steps up and covers their product.

Atwater Mike likes this.
  13. cmpcpro

cmpcpro

I've learned not to get excited over any of it anymore.. It's just undue stress. Once the issue is done all is well and the wasted time doesn't mean as much..

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've been buying their "junk" for over 30 years and have probably bought a dozen sets of tires or more. Zero problems with any tire. One rim was slightly out of round, and they sent me a new one with no questions.

Corkey is good people and will make it right. You figure, when any company pumps out thousands and thousands of any item, there has to be an occasional flaw or two. If I had bad experiences with them I would be the first to come on an bitch, but every transaction has been perfect and the tires have lasted as long as they should.

All three cars in my avatar are running Coker tires, and I would not let my Sons drive on them if I had any concerns whatsoever.

Don

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Ellwood59 likes this.
  15. I'm glad it worked out in your favor. HRP

16. I Love a story with a happy ending :)

17. 3030

We need these company's I can make due with a lot of stuff but I can't make tires they have always treated me great

C. John Stutzer likes this.
  18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad it all worked out for you.
    One thing about product problems reported on the internet, is that you only hear from the folks that had or have a problem usually, and that's on more than tires.
    the folks that everything worked out great? Well, they just go on their way, silently enjoying their purchase.

MyCrustyVW, 3030 and C. John Stutzer like this.
  19. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yep, we give our customers at work surveys to fill out on how we did. Guess who always fills them out ? Yep, the guy who is not happy about something or other !

Don

Ellwood59 likes this.
  20. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

The '60 Edsel I bought last year came with a nice set of Coker radials on it which I'm very happy with....

IMG_0329.jpg

MyCrustyVW and C. John Stutzer like this.
  21. awesome, guess a trip to City of Industry is in my future!

Atwater Mike likes this.
  22. shown50

shown50

I bought a set of Coker Cobras for my nova, two 235/65r/15 and two 195/60?/15. They look great and mounted and balanced fine. I have read threads where they have a ton of problems. That was not my experience but I hope they make it right.

23. This response says it all.
    Regarding these threads.... this proves you'll get further with your problem dealing with the seller.

3030 likes this.
  24. spags

spags

That is beautiful Lebowski! I have always loved the lines on the Edsel.

25. spags

spags

I am one of two salesman here at COI, we look forward to meeting you. You always get extra points from us too when you show up with your ride :)!

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  26. travisn706

travisn706
    from Georgia

I recently purchased a set of Wide white drag slicks from Coker, the only problem I had was trying to clean the blue off of them it was a pain, but they look awesome on the truck.

27. spags

spags

Warm soap (just a little) and water, the longer you allow that water to sit on that tire the easier that blue comes off. We also have a citrus based cleaner that has no bleach in it which works amazing. I use it on my own whites and they still look new.

28. cmpcpro

cmpcpro

Here is a photo!

Attached Files:

Atwater Mike likes this.
  29. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Thanks....

PICT0010.JPG

30. 41FordVert

41FordVert

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1468884216.611857.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1468884230.581912.jpg

Have less than 800 miles on these. Don't know what has happened to these. Trying to figure out what to do. Purchased in October of 15.