Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects How much would you pay: 1956 chevy 3100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Linglingjr, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Linglingjr

Linglingjr

About a week ago I saw a 56 pick up for sale, it is completely rust free, all windows are good everything is there except for the bedstrips, trans and engine. It needs to be painted but it looks extremely straight and the interior looks great. I think the taskforce trucks with this grille are absolutely gorgeous. The owner is asking 3500 obo. What do you think? I didn't take any pictures.

2. Cosmo49

Cosmo49

Give me the address. No seriously, everyone will ask for pictures but that's a fair price. Meet him with 30 100$ bills and a trailer.

3. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

Straight rust free body! w/ great interior! Add a crate motor / rebuilt trans / wiring / bed wood kit and misc. You have a great reliable truck for under $10,000!!!!! NO BRAINER. Beat on it for a year then paint if you want or not.
    You can always try for less $ but get that truck!

4. oldolds

oldolds

That number for that truck depends on where the truck is in this country. Northeast, it is a steal, buy is and flip it. South central, it is on the high side. Wait until the price comes down. Yes, pics please.

5. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

[QUOTE="oldolds, post: 11600825, member: 127493" Wait until the price comes down.[/QUOTE]

Do not wait. Take Cosmo's advice and show up with $3k in cash and show it to the guy when you make the offer. Have another $500 in a different pocket if he won't take the $3k and, if you think it's worth $3500, give that to him too. Do it today. If you wait even a couple of days it will probably be gone. After you buy it please post some pics. Good luck....

Cosmo49 likes this.
  6. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

7. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

8. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You're wasting your time asking. This should be a "Look at my new truck..." topic. How much is it to do a body restoration? All I can add for you is look close for mud. Some real good sculptors out there flipping junk. Take a refrigerator magnet with you, one of those thin sheet types. If that sticks it's probably ok.

Or pass on it and give me the info...please?

Cosmo49 likes this.
  9. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

If there's no rot, especially on the lower door hinge pockets, front cab corners, rear cab corners, above the headlights, along the rockers, door bottoms, along the fender-to-bed seam area (assuming it's a stepside), around the windshield, doors open and close good, and it has a clean title/bill of sale it's a no brainer. It's a good price. :cool:

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

in primer or, just aged paint?

11. 01mikep

01mikep
    from California

Go pick it up. I have a 55 in worse shape with a 327 I paid 2000 for 10 years ago.

12. squirrel

squirrel

$500 to $5000, depending on what condition it's in and where it is. I can't tell from your description what condition it's in, and I don't know where the truck is, either.

13. Linglingjr

Linglingjr

The only reason I didn't buy it the first day I saw it is lack of space and the fact I still have a car that's *almost* near completion. I feel like this would be a complete impulse buy, but I don't think I'll find this good of a deal again, and I've spent lots of time on Craigslist.

I'll see if a friend would be good with it on his property for a while. I'd probably put a junkyard motor in it and drive the hell out of it until I have time to paint.
    various layers of paint all sanded down. I'll take pics if it's still there. I doubt it's full of bondo and it's in Oregon.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016