Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Fire Fox

Fire Fox

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1467690828.339549.jpg
    I ran across this flatly a while back, he's still got it but I doubt he'd part out the intake and he wanted like $1500 for it complete.

2. Ha, I was just about to post the same picture from Instagram! A bit of a kick at $1,200...
    image.png

volvobrynk and paintslinger805 like this.
  3. Yea I couldn't pay 1200 for a corroded up intake. I don't see that piece worth more than 400 but that's just my back yard builder mind. He will get what he's asking because there's enough dudes out there with more money than god. But that's out of the project build money's budget. To rich for my blood.

volvobrynk and MJW like this.
  4. Hey Firefox please pm me his number or how I can get in touch with him about the motor. If it's a edelbrock regular intake I could use more parts on there also. Thanks guys for the help

5. Picked up this 200 dollar nice original radiator plus a few other parts today from a local guy. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

timmy2times, Drewfus, 63fdsnr and 3 others like this.
  6. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

Looking like a hot rod. Go man go!

paintslinger805 likes this.
  7. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I thought you were post to be working?!

8. Hahaha. I was but I got to follow all Leads no matter the cost. Had to shut down early to go pickin at a local dudes farm of early v8 parts. I just can't figure out hoarders minds. This guy sold me a cherry radiator that we tested and it held water under pressure no leaks for 200 bucks but he wouldn't sell me a set of headers and he had like 15 pairs of chromed and painted headers. He has 3 flatty powered cars but only one has headers. I just don't get it guys. It's a sickness. I also got a couple of 40 ford brake master cylinders that I can hopefully clean and rebuild with the nos ford rebuild kits I have so I can use the bob junk china one for a door stop.

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. Now I need a radiator cap. Anybody got one I can buy.

10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Good luck! I have steadily watched the prices of these and ornament parts go through the rafters in the last few years.
    I had to settle for a used aftermarket to hold me over till one falls from the sky.
    "Big ____y naked women don't just fall out of the sky, ya know?"

11. Good luck finding a cap with the right look to it. I have been looking for over a year and when ever I find one they want stupid $$$$ for them.

12. Tops no good without the bottom.:D I bet I could never find bottom... :rolleyes:

13. Like momma say if the shit fits you better wear it. Look like I can't read anymore cuz gas fits real nice image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I vote aerodynamic one...;) I have this vision of it at speed at the dry lakes just rippen kicken up the dust with that angled picture look that I always wonder how the heck do they do that.

15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Does the Ford tractor one work? It's kinda cool.
    Elmer was cooler and had his filled and peaked, was probably good for bout 1.4mph.

16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY ELMER!!! EARLY!:)

17. Good call on the tractor cap. That's what it is. It does not fit but you know the deal. I will just beat it until if fits right. I will hand craft a new radiator cap out of 6061 t-6 squared to the 4th power. Then I will use a gold gasket and fill it with of course only holy grail water.:eek:

18. Oh yea and last box of parts showed up for the motor build. Reds headers makes the first set of headers I have ever bought that I didn't have to beat on to make em fit. They fit like a glove. Too much bling for y'all. Just think polished heads and intake too. Woo woo image.jpg image.jpg

19. WOW! Those are nice.........

20. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Awesome thread Man!.......Just found it and finished reading through it.

21. Scott Mannion

Scott Mannion
    from Scotland

I'd like to wish your Grandpa a very happy birthday and "lang may his lum reek" as we say in Scotland.:)

Runnin shine likes this.
  22. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  23. v-v

v-v
    from Finland

24. Murocmaru

Murocmaru
    from Van Nuys

25. Workin hard in the yard. I love me some watermelon. I haven't had much time to work on the ol roadster but this weekend looks good. Machine shop is going to start working on motor Monday so hopefully here with in a couple of weeks she be done. Stay tuned for pictures Sunday afternoon I will have a little treat for y'all image.jpg

26. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Well I'm over searching for an auburn dash for the right price. I would of never thought an auburn would be harder to find than a real Henry roadster body but oh well. An auburn on eBay goes for 3999 and this dash cost me 220 dollars. Maybe one day down the line an auburn will fall from the sky. I'm now realizing if I want my grandpa to be able to injoy this car it can't be exactly like his was. I guess he was just to cool and had all the cheapest parts then that are worth thousands of dollars thanks to eBay today. Hate me if you want. I don't care. I like this one and they are all Stewart Warner's. One more big ol fat check off the list of being done.

27. Aaron D.

Aaron D.

One step closer! I think it will look great.
    Aaron

28. image.jpg Got a lot of other parts too today. It's nice to know how bad you suck. 60 buck vacuum gauge.

29. Does anyone know what's it's from. Is it a stock off a car or an aftermarket type panel????