Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah, the two are different. If you look at the Hentzell "T", check out the back of the body, it's an actual roadster/roadster pickup body. The little black car is either a touring front half, or fabricated from the back edge of the doors back because of it's square rear corners.

But ya, both are way on point!

2. 41woodie

41woodie

That's exactly what it was, '24 model. It was built by "Dutch" Eshelman (sp) in Iowa. Neat little car and dependable as a rock. If it ever turns up again I'll try to buy it if the subsequent owners haven't cobbled it up too bad.

need louvers ? likes this.
  3. 41woodie

41woodie

I believe Bob Boward (sp) built the car and owned it for a long time. Don't know who the current caretaker is. For the ones that don't know, the canister on the driver's side running board is for carbide gas for the original headlights on some old cars. Kind of like driving a "big bang" cannon.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Neither of those are the Hentzell car. The second one is one of my favorite HAMB project cars, dont know if it was ever finished.

5. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Enlighten me. When in search online don hentzell t multiple pictures of this car come up along w alot of info and pictures. I would love to see the other one you are talking about. Got on this kick because my touring body is sitting there needing some live and I want to do it with fenders. Friend called me today who also picked up a touring. So I'm lost in the interweb daydreaming today.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I think I misunderstood you, were you asking if the car in post #499 is the Hentzell car? That was the way I interpreted it, but I wasn't really sure I was understanding what you were saying even as I was reading your post. The car you posted IS the Hentzell car, but it is not the same car Chip posted in #499. Am I clear, or adding to the confusion??

7. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

found these other pictures of the hentzell t

Attached Files:

8. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

your clear. wish I could find more pics of the car in the 499 post. both are pretty awesome.

9. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

found this one too!

Attached Files:

10. CA. 280

CA. 280

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

this is HAMBer nostalgia1959's Surf-Kart. Love this car.
    0911rc_11+1927_ford_roadster_pickup+taillights.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I really like that one Chip posted too. The box is a lot shorter than the Hentzell car and the other one I posted.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres another one that really grabbed me when I first saw it in Tex Smiths book. Chased down a lot of info on it since then.
    bracey.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Just for the record Paul Haddock built the car in the early 60s and sold it after a few years. It went thru several hands including Boward(3rd owner) and then Paul bought it back and still own's it today

volvobrynk and need louvers ? like this.
  15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

HAH! Dutch lives here in the Phoenix area these days, (Meas actually, just don't call Apache Juction!) and is a pretty good buddy of mine!

16. verde742

verde742

Actually, Dutch lives in Mesa, Az. :rolleyes:
    :eek: Not Meas, Just don't call it Apache Junction !!!!!

Tanner died There in AJ !! :( At home alone, found 3 days later,
    DAMN, he was a good friend. .April 4th 2017 . RIP

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  17. 41woodie

41woodie

Guess he got tired of nasty cold Iowa winters...I already owned the T when I met Dutch at the St. Paul Nationals. He was there in a little primered, Volvo powered Track T. Very talented guy.

volvobrynk and need louvers ? like this.
  18. 41woodie

41woodie

Never knew that Bob wasn't the builder of the car, I've never heard any other name associated with the car. Always learning something new

19. verde742

verde742

FYI: Wescott's in Oregon make '29 rear fenders that will bolt onto '26-'27 roadster bodies..

20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Any more pics?

What Volvo?
    Any pics?

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Verde and I are both curious, what happened to the Hentzell car? Looks like it got near a fire or something. It was here in the valley back in the late seventies and into the eighties, and I saw it on several occasions and it was pristine back then. Any ideas?

verde742 likes this.
  22. 41woodie

41woodie

I have a few more photos of the car I'll dig out and post. In addition to the B-18 engine and Volvo transmission it also had the four wheel disc brakes from a Volvo. It was a really well thought out car.
    As to the engine in the Track T, it's been a long time since I saw the car but I may have photos of it also. If memory serves me the engine in it was a six cylinder Volvo but I have no idea what model/year etc. I'm not much of a Volvo expert.

23. verde742

verde742

:eek:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  24. Blake 27

Blake 27

I'm the current owner of "Hosford's T". The car owned by Ray Hosford was a hot rod in my home town of Placerville Ca. in the early 60s. As near as I can tell it was originally built in 56 or 57 in Northern Ca. Blake\'s T-2103.jpg Blake\'s T-2103-2.jpg Hosford.jpg Hosfords T4.jpg Ray traded a 54 Chevy with a 283 for it in 59 or 60.
    The flathead was later replaced with a Chevy 265.
    I found it in a barn in 2005.
    If any one has info of the original owner or build I would be greatly interested!

25. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Sorry, I took my inquiries some where else.

Sorry for any in convince

26. Blake 27

Blake 27

I was replying to a post I missed at the time. I didn't mean to change the subject but when I saw pics of my car I couldn't resist.

27. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

That was a really old post. A bit later, I found the write up on your car in HRD, when you showed up on here I made the connection immediately. Its been one of my favorite roadster pu's for several years, great proportions, good stance, nice car! Really looked good with the '56 Starfire caps on it, I have a set of those for my '39.

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I believed you can, if you you build it or buy it.
    But I found the pics on Hot Rod magazine web page. There is nice article about is.

29. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

No problemo, man!
    Is just wanted to keep my rambling about Volvo engines to a minimum, on a picture thread dedicated to Model T's with fenders.

But the track T with the Volvo Six in it, is very nice and I hope @41woodie posts them.

And Blake; Nice RPU. Coming from a non RPU fan. Who thinks that the post #499 car and the Dean Lowe RPU are the only ones I like.