Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Old Jefferson Texas 1936 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Matlack, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Matlack

Matlack

Does anyone know anything about this 1936 Ford 5 window? It says Jefferson, Texas on the quarter panels and has 36 painted on the doors. It was either pink or red that turned pink and then brushed black later. It does not have any special suspension set ups for racing. It had a flathead in it when I bought it. Just though it might have some history.
    thanks
    Mike 1936 5 window #2.jpg

Wraith likes this.
  2. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Ask Wbrw32 he is in Jefferson Texas

3. belair

belair

Yep. Interesting guy.

4. Thanks you both for the flowers.......but I've never heard of this car..Matlack,How long have you owned it? Where did you buy it???

5. wbrw32....we talked about it awhile back....he bought it from me.....old Motor Man had it down on Ft Worth Ave at the bridge....he was the old man of color that had the Nomad's and Cameo's at that little shop...a buddy did get one of the Cameo's from him...

7. Matlack

Matlack

I bought it from guy from Keller that was building a rpu. Is this Motor Man still around? I have had it since March 2013. I don't think I bought it from Stillrunners. Maybe the guy before me? I can't remember how he got it.

8. yep....but it on CL as I had also bought a 34 pick up in the deal with MM/ he ran a small shop "Motor Man" was what he had on the little building....he's an African american - he still has the Nomad and a Cameo but didn't really remember where he got the 36...watched the cars for years....lot's of caller's on CL when I posted it for $2000 - sold it to the first caller/guy....it hasn't changed much....you had the wheels on CL a while back...?.

9. Matlack

Matlack

It has changed a bit. new chassis with '40 juice brakes,frame was too rusty, ready for patch panels, have a nice set My 1936 5w.jpg
    of rust free doors. I have been collecting parts for a few years.

Stogy likes this.
  10. I wish I could help you with any local information from here in Jefferson,Texas...I asked a friend here.who has been in auto parts business since the early 40s he also never knew about that car..There has never been a race track here either..Good Luck with it in the future

11. here's a pic of it at my place - Bob Taylor's old place on Commerce /wbrw32.....it had some pin striping on it if I recall....was kinda fond of that old blue spare wheel....came with my 39 coupe

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. Matlack

Matlack

It's off to San Jose CA to become a cool hot rod again!

Stogy likes this.
  13. What ever happened to the fender skirts it had ? They were pin stripped like the body.....good to here it's moving along.....

14. Matlack

Matlack

they were gone when I got it.

15. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Exactly where on Ft Worth Ave was motor mans shop? I worked at 723 Ft. Worth Ave across from the Alamo Plaza at Brock's Paint and Body Shop. I remember Bob Taylor had the red dragster called Big Hoss it was on of Bobby Langley's old dragster Scorpion #1. This was back in the 60's. And I have known WBRW32 longer than that.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. Rambo was his name and he had the little three bay shop across from Allied Fence company. He had the 55 Nomad inside along with a Cameo. My buddy Robert talked him out of the Cameo but it wasn't cheap. He hung on to the Nomad as he moved out - not sure what was to become of it - his son wasn't going to get it from the way he talked. Kept up with for a few years by phone but lost his number when I changed phones. He was a African american guy just getting along - don't think he owned the place - it's still there looking like new..
    Bob I met at the counter at Norma's cafe with just small talk and all. Spotted the 57 and 58 New Yorkers behind his shop on day and stopped - never new he raced - he still had the last flip top Mustang he ran in the shop at the time .

On a side note - pretty sure Richard Rawlings got those cars as he was rising to fame - saw the carcusses behind some warehouses off Harry Hines minus the motors a long while back.

Here's a pic of Bobbie's old car that Bob ran with much success mostly in B/Gas - Red Hoss ....... upload_2019-9-5_21-1-39.png .

Texas Webb likes this.
  17. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

18. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

That's the old Scorpion 1 that they repainted red. It wound up at Roger McKinney shop in Cockrell Hill Where Roger and his brother Doug home was. Later it was sold for scrap.
    I ate regularly at Norma's Cafe for years. I lived in Oak Cliff on Oak Cliff Blvd. 4 houses away from Sunset High School.

19. HEY 1-shot...Drag out your walkin cane and stop byJefferson before we both buy the farm...you should be near my age by now CRAP its been over 60 years since we had the shop together out in Garland.