Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features What chrome ___ are you lookin for, obsessin' over,not doin' your job because of?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by F-6Garagerat, Jun 22, 2016.

1. squirrel

squirrel

Some of us go to some effort to keep that level of quality down where mere mortals can still participate :)

2. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

3. HEY Squirrel.. would you have the page before or after that tube grill page? My brother bought the tube grille from J.C. Whitney in 1958 for his "original" Ford Coupe ('51 hood).. I'd LOVE to see that page, and so would he once more ! ! ! ! I suppose they are no longer available, as I have scoured the internet off and on for a couple of years and have never seen that grille anywhere...

4. squirrel

squirrel

5. Thanks.. well, hell I guess they weren't in that catalog. What year is your catalog ???

6. squirrel

squirrel

7. squirrel

squirrel

we can keep turning pages....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Looks very interesting...

9. Plenty to be found in here...funny story I found a set of NOS 61 Dodge hubcaps at Montoe Swap meet for less than they cost in this catalog....best 25 bucks I ever spent

Attached Files:

10. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was on a bent to find the hood trims that go where the hood sides meet the grille on the 39 Std. Babbling about em on here enough finally paid off and one of our bretheren had a pair, also had the dash panel center pieces, 3 out of 4. Of course I went ahead and made some parts that would have been fine, and something inside said "...and now they'll turn up since you spent the time." They did, and so did a glove box door and hinge. At least I didn't have to fab the hinge, and now that I have one that job would have sucked. A lot goin on with that simple take-for-granted part.

11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I just got the parts I've been obsessing over.

My '57 New Yorker has a piece of stainless trim around the front wheel opening, but they didn't have anything for the rear wheel opening. It looked mismatched.

[​IMG]

Chrysler fixed that for 1959 by putting stainless around the rear opening... but they left it off the front! C'mon man.

The car in my avatar will have both, but the rear trim will be modified so it doesn't transition to that big piece along the rocker, like on this 300E.

[​IMG]

It's the small victories. I won't tell you how excited I was to score four yards of black/gold Trinidad carpet last week! :D

Sauli and rodncustomdreams like this.
  12. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1467390877.193129.jpg

It took me a long long long time to piece this dash together for my 3 window. I had the chrome dash minus the glove box, found that. Then the chrome shifter, then the chrome mast jacket, then the chrome column drop, then finally the chrome ashtray to finish the dash. It took 5 and 1/2 years its all oem parts with matching survivor chrome.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  13. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

That's bad ass! Had the same, but painted dash in my A pickup. No waterfall, just the two small strips either side of the ashtray. Mine was wood grain underneath but couldn't be saved. Then of course the hunt for gauges began and...........

14. Halfton65

Halfton65

Bonus points if anyone can tell me whom sold this aftermarket rocker panel molding. Based on the applications I'd guess a date of 63-64. Still not sure what I'm doing with it but couldn't pass it up.

Attached Files:

15. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

Thank You! Those strips are ridiculous to find! I would have added them to this post if they were chrome rather than stainless.

16. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

Thank You! Those strips are ridiculous to find! I would have added them to this post if they were chrome rather than stainless.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember sending in for the JC Whitney catalogs and a couple more that you sent off a buck or so to get the catalog. Figured out years later that some of those outfits probably made more selling catalogs than they did selling parts.
    20 something years ago I did buy a beautiful set of chrome tight tuck big block headers that were made by Immerso enterprises and shipped direct from them for a real friendly price from JC Whitney. That's the limit of my chrome trinkets from JC Whitney though.
    From day one back when I was about 12 years old and just getting real interested in customs and hot rods I believed in the concept that bolting chrome trinkets on a car or truck was not customizing but just bolting mostly useless chrome trinkets on the vehicles to see shiny stuff. Pretty much as we see the guys who go to Autzone today and by those chrome plastic portholes to stick on their boxes with wheels. I ran into a guy I had known for years a while back and he was telling me about his all custom Harley that he had. Got a chance to see it and the "all Custom" was every chrome trinket from the chrome trinket display at the Harley shop that he cold bolt on the bike. No paint or mods, just chrome trinkets.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016