Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

To be period correct, you'll have to get you a pair of pants like the guy standing on the back of the truck. I think they were fueling it in the pic. That is one sweet looking car, hope the problems are over with, good luck.

strokedstang331 likes this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

A class for sure
    Keep at it

3. I'm doing the same thing to my doors. did you do anything to keep the strap from falling inside the door

4. Yes I put a snap on the top edge of the door to snap it to when it's down. I also put a stop on the glass so it couldn't go to far down. When the window is all the way down I can still grab it with my hand and pull it all the way up to get the strap out if it ever did fall inside the door. As of now it seems good but we will see once it has been used for a year or 2 I have tried to think of worst case when designing it but I do not know what these doors are going to do after a season of racing. They are extremely lite and the inner structure is paper thin and flimsy. I plan on putting a partial aluminum door panel on the lower 3/4 of the door so I'm hoping that will help a little with the flimsy inner

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Pufff, Dog_Patch and beebee78 like this.
  5. Got my rear bumper painted and ready to be put on. I decided to try something new with the paint on it. It's fiberglass and I wanted it to be chrome so I got some house of kolor kosmic krome. It was pretty tricky to spray and looked really chrome until I cleared it. Now it looks more like the stainless trim on the rest of the car so I guess the worked out after all. 1466270336266.jpg 1466270346487.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Pufff, Mtn Goat, 62hotcat and 10 others like this.
  6. AmishMike

AmishMike

Sweet looking gasser - love it - can hardly wit to see it finished

7. loudbang

loudbang

This thing is awesome and you have quite the talent.

8. I was thinking about some thing similar. I was thinking about a few snaps so the window could go part way down.i might get caught on a hot day in the rain. Looking good. Cant wait to see it out.

loudbang and strokedstang331 like this.
  9. 62hotcat

62hotcat

I had the same results with a similiar product. Looked like chrome until i cleared.

loudbang likes this.
  10. Well today was a huge step I was starting to believe was never gonna happen. I picked the motor up all done. Hope to have it in this weekend. 1466646005559.jpg 1466646025209.jpg

Pufff, OahuEli, Nitrofreak and 9 others like this.
  11. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

All that wait and it's at the end of the garage. I think you need to put that in the living room until it's time to install.

powrshftr, loudbang and Dog_Patch like this.
  12. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

powrshftr and Dog_Patch like this.
  13. Yea if it didn't look like it was going to start pouring I would have had it back by the car but about the time I got the coupe out it would have been pouring. And the motor is to wide to squeeze by it lol. Thanks Gabriel i hope it's as fast as it looks

14. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

Hi Stroked

Have you looked into ' Vacum Metalizing ' for your rear bumper, looks very close to chrome and they shoot it with a clearcoat to help protect the finish

Sure like the looks of your Cammer !!!

DND

15. How wide is that beauty? It looks wider than a 392 o_O

16. 1466737390579.jpg 1466737415089.jpg 1466737421394.jpg
    The 354 hemi in my coupe is like 1/2" wider than the cammer. But the cammer is about 5" taller and a bunch more longer from front to back

17. 1466985439592.jpg
    Finally making some progress. Got the clutch all set up bolted the motor and trans together and dropped it in today.

Pufff, OahuEli, Mtn Goat and 11 others like this.
  18. has the rebuilt engine been dynoed?

OahuEli and sonic03bluegt like this.
  19. Man that is going to be stunning.

20. Yes it has been dynoed. It made less power than the first dyno session. Made 683hp and 564tq. The compression really went down when we cut the valve pockets deeper for more valve clearance. We didn't realize this until after it was dynoed and still ran it on c14 gas with we should have ran c12 as the compression went from 14.8:1 to 12.5:1. We are guessing with c12 it will make around 700hp. The plan is Finnish this year with it like it is and make changes over the winter I want to see 800hp out of it in the spring.

21. Man 700HP at 12.5:1 is kicking ass. :D

loudbang likes this.
  22. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

bad assery my friend!!!! Can not wait to see the debut!!!!

beebee78 likes this.
  23. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpeg All Hacked Up, got a late start but Joe said Hell or high water she'll be there, Lol Nothin like last minute engine install !!!

24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good to hear
    Must have cured the front main

25. We'll looks like the Skairlane is going to make its debut at this year's meltdown. It's been a long few weeks but it's starting to come together. Here is a sneak peak. See everyone thursday. 1468360561406.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Pufff, loudbang, 9sectruck and 5 others like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

This is going to be AWESOME. SOHC ground shaking power is unleashed on an unsuspecting world.

beebee78 likes this.
  27. 1468791683209.jpg 1468791716013.jpg
    Made 3 not very good passes with the Skairlane at the meltdown. Car went down the track but I have shifter issues. We found milky oil on the second pass did a oil change and it was milky again so I pulled the plug on it until I tear the motor down and see what's going on. I am pretty bummed about it but not much I can do but tear it down. Also broke the trans in my little coupe so I have a lot of work to do. Great to meet a bunch of new hamb members at the meltdown the crowd loved the car

Pufff, beebee78, Nitrofreak and 2 others like this.
  28. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Jeff your car has the perfect look and the performance will follow shortly. Was hopping you could make Darlington but sounds like you have a little work to do. I'm hopping to test the 61 vette Thursday so I'm going to need all of my luck or I would send some your way.
    Hold your head high because you have done a great job with this build.

29. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

30. Thanks Quain I am keeping my head high I hope to still make the Kentucky race and Chattanooga. It will depend on what I find with this engine. If it's something more than a gasket or something small I will probably be out for the season my wallet is really hurting on this build with all the problems I have had with it. Really hoping it's nothing major. I'm ready to start getting some seat time in it its fun to drive that's for sure and it wasn't even leaving hard.