Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Canada or Bust

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by USMercUte, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I'll be going, already got the T-shirt! Last year I asked who was going and luckily I was reminded that is was 2016 not 2015. I sure would have been pissed if I had gone last year except for the fact that there wouldn't have been any line-ups. LOL. Sadly I have even started on my 5w yet but maybe it will be ready for DD 2019. The last one I couldn't make due to other comittments but an hour after I got home somebody here on the HAMB let me see the show with great pics. Whoever that was thanks again.

2. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

32 WITH BETTY RESIZED.jpg
    I'll be there with this old jalopy. The car, not the girl :D

falcongeorge likes this.
  3. iafraser39

iafraser39
    from Warmland

we will down from Warmland, up island 20150923 107.JPG

falcongeorge likes this.
  4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I told my wife we couldn't leave for our Vietnam trip till AFTER Deuce days.:D

RetroSteel and Fedman like this.
  5. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465760505.187398.jpg
    This is what I will be driving there.

6. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Judging from all the batteries was that an electric vehicle at one time? Cornering the market on scrap lead?

falcongeorge likes this.
  7. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Be sure you don't go during the Monsoon. I got the shirt been there done that. All joking aside there is some beautiful country to see. Second largest coffee producing country in the world. Have a nice vacation. Frank

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My wifes family is there, this is my 5th trip. I LOVE it, like you say beautiful country, lots to see. We always make a couple side trips, I have been to Cambodia, Taipei, and numerous cities in South and Central Vietnam. This time we are making side trips to Da Lac, Da Nang, and going to Qui Nhon for the second time. I love Qui Nhon, Really a beautiful place! Still haven't managed to make it up North, maybe next trip.
    I usually get my first iced coffee as soon as we leave the airport! man, they do good iced coffee there!!

9. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Have you seen the Champa Towers on the intersection of Hwy. 1 and Hwy. 19 it's across the river on top of a hill and there is a huge Budda on the back side that you can't see unless you drive around there. There is a stone tower on the road to An Khe before you get to the pass. There is plenty to see on the road to Pleiku . The change in elevation and the pass at An Khe and the Mang Yang pass. The view is great, natural water falls and wild life. There is a crater lake up in that area . Enough rambling take lots of pictures and please PM me when you get back. Have a safe trip. Frank

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yes, we went that way three trips ago! Theres a really huge statue pointing out to sea at the north point of the beach in Qui Nhon too. You can see it clearly from the hotel we always stay at.
    Have you been to Hue? The University there has a traditional Vietnamese music program, at night, some of the small tourist boats hire students from that program, you get on the boats and they drive out into the middle of the river just as night falls, park and do an hour and a half classical music program on the river. One of the coolest things I have ever seen, and at the end you do the traditional Buddist thing with releasing lit candles on the river. Man, it was beautiful. Really very moving.
    Have you been to the Bitexco Tower in Ho Chi Minh? We celebrated my daughters 6th birthday at night in the EON 51 cafe on the 51st floor, beautiful view of the city, and the food was good.
    I have been to Shanghai and Suzhou in China as well, partied in that big square on the Yangtze at 1am, with the famous Nike sign across the river. And man, you gotta see the women in Suzhou, not only are they beautiful, they dress to the nines. That was before I got married, good times. Consistently the best food I have ever had, anywhere in the world, the restaurants in Suzhou are famous all over China.
    I love SE Asia, but I REALLY love Vietnam, everyone is so friendly and laid back, food is good too.
    Man, you know, when I think about it, I have lived large baby!:) Have you taken the train up the coast? Breathtaking, dozens of tunnels, and in some spots, sheer drops hundreds of feet down to the South China Sea. Surf pounding in, fishing boat out about a mile off the coast, incredible scenery.
    Heres a pic of us at my favorite restaurant in Ho Ch Mhin, Quan Ngon 138, and a link to their website. You gotta try this place next time you are there, its FANTASTIC.
    http://www.quanngon138.com/
    Vietnam 3013 427.jpg
    Its open to the air, with a covered area in the center, and all these little individual contractors arranged around the outer walls, each contractor does a different regional cuisine, theres about 40 of them, and its VERY prestigious to be one of the contractors, the food is done to very high, very authentic standards. You can also order from the restaurant kitchen, but by far the best is to go around to all these little contractors. You go around with a little piece of paper, and give them your table number, and they bring it all to you. The quantities are small but the idea is to try a little of everything. So you go around and order, and the dishs start arriving, and you eat them as they come its really a good time. Asian culture has a totally different attitude to eating out, they really make it a social occasion. you can easily spend an hour and a half eating in this place.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
    BradinNC and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Now back to regularly scheduled programming....
    However, you have piqued my interest in Vietnam Nam.

BradinNC and brad2v like this.
  12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

We should talk about it sometime. Really. Place is awesome.

13. 4barrel

4barrel

I'll be there trying to get the car done for it so I can drive it there won't be in the show though.... all it really needs is bodywork and paint
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465794509.710832.jpg

14. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

John and Jake's 1918 Chev bucket will attend. 100_5184.JPG 100_5182.JPG Metchosin car show Sept.14 2015.JPG 100_0955.JPG 100_9979.JPG

29bowtie and brad2v like this.
  15. How'd that work out for you George?
    You must tell the rest of us your secret.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

simple, I brown nose and suck up the rest of the year...:D

BradinNC and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

18. Chevbucket

Chevbucket

Keith's beautiful 34 Ford Tudor sedan will be there !! 34 Ford Tudor.JPG Keith\'s 34 Ford.JPG

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  19. John Stimac

John Stimac

20. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I wonder how many Deuces will be at Deuce Days?

21. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Deucedreamer, I really don't have any idea how many there will be this year. My best guess is 500+, have heard there are over 1100 total cars entered. Only Al Clark would know. We are just glad that he includes some non thirty two's in the event. We hope this is not the last one as it is such a great event. CAN'T WAIT

RetroSteel likes this.
  22. We are going, 4 cars from North Carolina and 2 from Wisconsin, leaving on the 14 th of july from north of Charlotte.

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This little coupe rules...

RetroSteel likes this.
  24. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

It looks fantastic just as it is!

USMercUte likes this.
  25. Internet

Internet

It's the battery rack for the truck shop I work in. All brand new interstates.

26. USMercUte

USMercUte
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got back from the L.A. Roadster Show and in the mail was my acceptance letter to Deuce Days so real close now. Then I got on the H.A.M.B. and discovered the very nice comment from Ryan about my coupe. So shamelessly I would like to explain the story of my car. In 1959 at the age of 15 I bought this coupe as a driving original car and because I live in the country, as long as your were careful you didn't need a license on the backroads. Then I decided to build a Hot Rod out of it. I installed a flathead and Zee'd the frame with a Lincoln front axle. As I discovered girls I needed more dependable transportation so I sold the in progress coupe. It changed hands 5 or 6 times over the years ending up in a local farmers barn whose intention was to restore it. Last year I hunted him up and told him I had begun to hot rod it and would like to finally finish it after all the years. We agreed on a price and as the deal was completed he said I was the one who should own it anyway and hands me my 1959 pink slip back. It had not been retitled so I was the last person to drive it as it never got back on the road. The first drive was a hoot and my wife looks over and asks "do you fell 15 again?" For a brief moment I did! Thanks for listening, it's a fun ride.

D Wolfe, bct and Fedman like this.
  27. flamingokid

flamingokid

Be still my heart,I love that coupe.

28. Willy_P

Willy_P

Deucedreamer likes this.