Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Make sure you don't do any sparky type work on that "work bench" otherwise you will have a big ol' bonfire on your hands. :D

brad2v likes this.
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I was a fire fighter in the Navy. Precautions were taken.;) Here's my plan of action.

My radius rods will be 39" apart. This will move each 4.25" from the backing plates. The shock mounts center lines are 34" apart and 2.5" inward of each radius rod. This places them 3.75" from either side of the upper shock mounts on my frame, which is 26.5" wide, giving me, ROUGHLY, a 15* to 17* shock angle. Just enough from straight up, to yield a nice ride.

I'm getting a rear suspension set up from RPM. That and the transmission mount from CCR will be the rest of the brackets I need to finish the frame and start bolting on the pieces to complete a rolling chassis.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. This thread is 300 pages of a lot of stuff.
    Just T buckets ?
    Does a 100 year old Willys count ?
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg

There was a whole lot of ugly knocked off of it

whiplash1923T likes this.
  4. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, 31V;
    Yah - it counts. Buckets, rpu, tubs, etc. Still waiting for the build thread you offered a while back... :D . I'd guess that I've seen bits n pieces of it in other threads? Where's it heading? Design/proportion-wise?
    Marcus...

5. Took a break from some other projects today and made some "door" panels for my T. Still want to add a pocket; but think I will run them this way for now. Maybe have to run over to Jenny's tomorrow and get some carpet for the kick panels. Next project; find where I put the end caps for the hide-em welt.
    IMAG0590 (Small).jpg IMAG0591 (Small).jpg

6. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

That's alot of clips to hold that small panel , on my T doors I only used 4 per panel , my backer is 3/16 door skin [ply] w/ a coat of resin ......they've stayed in place for 14 years ...
    dave

7. Not enough knocking..........................

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

As you likely know a T door has a curve to it in both directions and if you want a plastic panel to follow that curve then you need the clips.
    It's more than a matter of staying in place.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Nice panels, you beat me to it, I have a sheet of 1/8" ABS just waiting to do my interior. :)

RICH B likes this.
  10. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Simply recounting what worked [well] for me..;)
    dave

11. I thought I would try something different and used push in fasteners. They were only pushing into some flimsy 1/4" luan plywood; so I opted for overkill quantity, besides it was kinda fun making keyholes in the ABS.
    IMAG0594 (Small).jpg

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I've got a bunch of the regular old ford type door panel clips that I am going to use.

images.jpg

13. My daughter-in-law always uses those; but when working on a wooden structure, she countersinks and screws down a steel washer for them to snap into. I thought that I would try a different way.

14. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's interesting. Since there is no wood involved in my T's doors or elsewhere, I'll be snapping them straight into metal holes.
    In that case they work very well.

15. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

These are my favorite , not only do they hold , but you can remove the panel w/o screwing them up , them plastic things stretch, break , and are a bitch to get out ..
    dave

hipster and brad2v like this.
  16. JonF

JonF

T's need interiors?

need louvers ? likes this.
  17. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Maybe not in arkansas , :rolleyes:
    dave

18. JonF

JonF

Kiss my bass.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Arkansas is a strange place with strange people :D (Just going by what I have heard :D)

You live in Arkansas and you have a bass that you want somone to kiss.

I rest my case :D :D

If the bass is ugly maybe it will fit in here fine :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    need louvers ? likes this.
  20. 53 ford

53 ford

Please don't be too hard on Arkansas. We may be backward hillbillies but we rely on ingenuity. I've only known one person that didn't have at least a third grade education. He got kicked out of school for not shaving.

steel rebel and k1w1rodder like this.
  21. t-rod

t-rod

On a different note, I participated in the burnout contest at a local car show tonight. Ended up with second place. [​IMG]

nobux, loudbang and AndersF like this.
  22. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

IMO , burnout contests are a waste of ...................EVERYTHING !!:mad:
    dave

23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I think I have to agree. I don't see the logic of it. I can see burnouts at the drag strip to warm up racing tires but the rest of it :confused:
    Big boys never grow up however we know that. :D

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    whiplash1923T and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  24. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know if it's fun for them go for it. I sometimes like to spin a tire when taking off too. At the time I might be the coolest guy in the roadster. Unless I have a passenger.
    Gary

hipster, nobux, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Your level of coolness can also be determined by the sex of your passenger Gary. :D

dana barlow and loudbang like this.
  26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Gawd, I don't miss car shows.

hipster and Blue One like this.
  27. Back to the tyre frying, what I can't understand is when somebody has spend mega dollars building a car (full fender type) with a awesome paint job both under and on top of the car, they then shower that paint job with hot sticky pieces of rubber and if stupid is in control of the go pedal, they choose to continue until the tyres pop, then throw in pieces of red hot pieces of steel too.Now imagine cleaning up that sort of mess just to show you can spin the rear tyres. No, not for me thanks.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Back to cool Bucket's, boys and girls.

29. brad2v

brad2v

The shot of it in traffic has long been a favorite of mine. Lots of pics in that montage I've never seen before, thanks for posting that.

tfeverfred likes this.